It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS allowed in governmental buildings while other sites aren't

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Well said SO!

You have "cleared the air" here about many concerns that may lurk in the minds of otherwise loyal ATS'ers.

However, sadly the questions will arise again. The only real way to avoid them in the future is to ban paranoid members from posting. Of course that would make this a lonely place indeed....

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by funbox
i think it applies when getting precedence in Google/search engines, getting that number one spot for the most benign search terms, this precedence is greatly furthered by allowing 'access granted' to all of our lovely user generated content, which google loves.

So... you believe there's some kind of fiendish ulterior motive involved in our efforts to ensure the content contributed by our members is well-indexed by Google?

so if this site allows permissions to those files , ie the picture files (which users generate alt tags for*) , which has already been pointed out , are initialy set with permisions granted to all. this allows google's spiders to penetrate deeper into a sites links and this gives this site the edge in googles listings, ultimately.

A small amount of research would lead any normal person to a completely different assumption regarding our image embedding policies (embedded images and avatars must be hosted via uploads through media.abovetopsecret.com). The policies are in place for two primary reasons:

1) The size of our traffic, especially on popular threads, was overwhelming smaller sites whose images became embedded in ATS threads.

2) There was a time when images hosted off-ATS were causing a serious problem. First, there were members attempting to cause various issues by embedding malicious code into their avatars, and second, many image hosting services were delivering malicious payloads with the hosted images.

edit on 3-7-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
ATS is allowed on my government computer. No warning page, no nothing. It is because it is classified as "news" and it has never been alerted to by any employee as being harmful. It will continue to be on our safe list, so long as it never contains any "adult" material, and so long as no one ever alerts it to the IT department as harmful to their workstation.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Fresh meat!!!

As you may be aware, getreadyalready, in a short period of time I have come to love/hate you... it's a good thing!

Now, with that being said, please now allow me to utterly annihilate your above quoted logic pattern...

Sacrifice Rights so government employees can read ATS at work....

Sacrifice Rights so government employees can read ATS at work nevermind the fact that they could always doso in their home, in their car on their ipadphone at mcdonalds via wifi et al

Sacrifice Rights so government employees can read ATS at work nevermind the fact that they could always doso in their home, in their car on their ipadphone at mcdonalds via wifi et al
AND
that ATS COULD/WOULD be blocked anyways if any employee simply decides to convince a supervisor and/or IT department that the site either:

A: contains what they believe to be, in their opinions, ADULT MATERIAL
OR
B: is somehow "harmful" to their work station, network security et al.

Hmmm?

When I first started checking this site out, maybe 4-5 years ago, I had some rather strange issues yet uncertain because it happened on other CT/Alternative sites as well... odd re routings, lotsa 404's etc etc...

I will now link to a video that I feel contains lyrics that describe the end result of our collective actions...

Death by 1000 compromises...

Bill Hicks would not contribute to ATS...

You guys are right! It is dead... I kicked it and it did not move......why cry now... keep calm and carry on...

Do not like the way things are? Be patient...

Because what we discuss CHANGES the world and is of ultra importance, we must maintain an "E" rating for maximum exposure!!!
"E" rating is for EVERYONE...

Because we want EVERYONE to come here and to contribute... even those barely capable of sentence structure... someone like me!!!

Condense the above down and you get ATS CHANGES EVERYONE

See how I spun this ugly web in a positive way? I know, its my gift...

Ultimately, YOU THE READER should understand exactly how important it is to ATS staff that GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES can read ATS at work!!!
Joke of the day!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury... I rest my case...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by D377MC

Powerful comments, Bravo!
I suppose it is not so odd, in this day and age that so few are capable of critical thinking on this level... with the Dumbing Down, the Doping and the substitution of Indoctrination for Education... No, not odd at all really and to be perfectly honest I would have to now admit that it was... to be expected.

Fear of a future new world order dissipates once one realizes that the future is the present...

Again, Bravo!
50 stars if I could....

I see so many one liners that do not get deleted that rarely if ever pertain directly to the OP's subject that in turn receive 50 stars because simply........ IDIOCRACY is now...

"I like Money.... Go away! Baitin'!"

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OverMan
I see so many one liners that do not get deleted that rarely if ever pertain directly to the OP's subject that in turn receive 50 stars because simply........ IDIOCRACY is now...

50 stars for a minimal contribution? Really?

If you see "so many," certainly can provide a handful of examples for us to examine.
edit on 3-7-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

(embedded images and avatars must be hosted at media.abovetopsecret.com).

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
governmental?

Hmmm

govern-mental?

Has to be a code word for mind-control, eh?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

gimp ^^
ahhh
rythmes with

doublethink

must be that ole auto erotic suggestion

runBox

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
This is so that this site can be monitored for content. That is all.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

edit on 5-7-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

If I post links to hundreds of snide and also sometimes comical yet still off topic one liner comments that receive massive stars and in turn do not get removed by Mods you will do/say what?

I will gain what?

I have listened to you quite a bit lately and I do not really believe that you want anything but to puff your chest out and ask redundant questions.

Tell me what I will gain by doing this homework and proving my point beyond the shadow of a doubt and I might do it as I know with great certainty that I can accomplish said task yet if it is simply to have you believe me or say that you are sorry... nah I will pass as I do not seek your approval.

This site works for me the same with the ability to comment and without the ability to comment.
Honestly, I am here to help the few who are on my level and perhaps to punish those who promote brutality, elitism, censorship, oppression of all forms, lies, deceit, blind faith, nationalism, wars of agression, tyranny in all of its forms etc etc et al ad nauseum...

I am not here to defend the status quo, to bow down quietly to blatant censorship, gang mod mentality, an internet oligarchy and dare I say all the things that feel very much like FASCISM...

Anarchy? What do you know of "self rule" when you run a site where one cannot use a curse word? Where one cannot discuss the use of some "illegal" drug etc etc?
I only hope you understand why I chose to use the word ANARCHY and then the true definition thereof....

Talk about offensive... I was offended before I posted my first word yet I do not blame you and I did not allow that to stop me from posting some words of contradictory nature... as often as possible.

I blame the Culture, the indoctrination, the nationalism, the mass propaganda, the adoption of the NAZI's via operation paperclip, MKULTRA, mind control, alpha waves from the TV, poisons in the food and water, The Jesuits who control ALL of the masonic orders etc etc et al...

I only hope to find a few like minds and maybe make a friend or two as I am already on many a list for simply repeating the words of people such as Thomas Jefferson...

How long before it is inappropriate, offensive, against moral standards and all the other excuses they use to deny our freedom of speech, to say something like:

"The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. It is it's natural manure."

How long sir, before these words are criminal let alone inappropriate/obscene/offensive?
How long?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by OverMan
If I post links to hundreds of snide and also sometimes comical yet still off topic one liner comments that receive massive stars and in turn do not get removed by Mods you will do/say what?

You made the accusation. What, can't back it up?

Also, as I'm sure you know, one-line/minimal posts are not removed. The member simply receives a private message alert.

I do not really believe that you want anything but to puff your chest out and ask redundant questions.

I'm not asking any questions other than if someone (like you) makes an accusation, it should be substantiated -- including the whole ATS/government nonsense.

Tell me what I will gain by doing this homework and proving my point beyond the shadow of a doubt

So you're in the habit of not feeling obliged to prove your points?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

Look you got me with paper clip and MK-Ultra, i too am on here to get some truth out to people that might be missing a few of the dots to connect and learn some new dots to connect my self so i'm with you brother....

But what do you expect SkepticOverlord to do just sit there and not answer the tenth thread this week alone to accuse ATS of being in bed with TPTB? If he did nothing and didn't respond some people would take that to mean that he was hidding something, the fact he didn't let any of the other mods take the bullets on this site in terms of accusation shows me something, most sites the owner dosen't even give a opinion on a topic especially a controversial topic like this, he lets the other mods do the battle for them so they take all the bullets as i said.

The fact this is like the 1000th thread on this topic and like the tenth one this week and he hasen't closed any of them shows to me he isn't hiding from the issue but taking it head on, do a ATS search and see how many topics like this there are and not one of them is closed....

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I just cannot believe this thread is still going!?

And i know by commenting in it, i just bumped it again, but damn, really, it seems like paranoia is getting the better of some.

ATS has made its stance rather clear on this issue, yet the onslaught continues.

I vote for the closure of this thread, because it is going to turn into a troll and flame festival in here. And i know the concerns about closing this thread, but, in a week or so, people would have moved onto a new "conspiracy" like how there might be nanomachines in our tapwater, or some such bs.

vvv

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
This is so that this site can be monitored for content. That is all.

There is another reason but it unfortunately cannot be mentioned nor even spoken about here but Skeptic and Bill have long since been briefed on it.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Skeptic,

Pay no mind to these people who just like to stir up trouble. The site here is a literate treasure trove of information and is a vast information warehouse unlike no other website on Earth!

Keep up the good work in the effort and attempt to "DENY IGNORANCE!".

ATS, ATS, ATS, ATS, ATS, ATS.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
A sad update,

ATS is no longer allowed by our NOSC on our government network. It has been categorized as: "Alternative Spirtituality Forum/Chat."

I knew the day would come, especially with the direction content had taken in the past 3 years.

I am somewhat surprised the US Air Force has decided to label the site as a New Age Forum though.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join