It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO, 'Star Gate' or just a ballistic missile? Mysterious bubble-like light burst seen over Hawaii

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

UFO, 'Star Gate' or just a ballistic missile? Mysterious bubble-like light burst seen over Hawaii

www.dailymail.co.uk

Footage of this incredible bubble-like burst of light in the night sky was captured by cameras at an astronomical observatory in Hawaii.
Sky watchers have been flooding internet forums with speculation about the burst, filmed by a webcam mounted on the Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope on Mauna Kea.
Captured in time-lapse footage, the glowing sphere takes several minutes to expand until it virtually fills the frame - then it vanishes as mysteriously as it appeared.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
ufo? mongolia spiral june 2011

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
What is it with these spirals/stargates/strange stuff in the air?
All just ballistic missiles?
What for?
Why are they seen around the globe?
Are they preparing for WW3 or is it another phenomena?
In the UFO sub-forum there has been posted a video from Mongolia showing something similar.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Very strange because it started with the spiral in Norway.
Are there more of these global sightings from before the incident in Norway?

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Sorry mate. Already posted here.

It was a missile, Minuteman III.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I thought this was already posted here. I will have to take a look and get the link.

Reading the website that was posted I think it was a minuteman missile deploying its 3rd stage in the upper atmosphere.

Dang I was beaten to the punch lol.

Originally posted by ypperst

edit on 30-6-2011 by Vodo34861 because: adding a quote

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vodo34861
I thought this was already posted here. I will have to take a look and get the link.

Reading the website that was posted I think it was a minuteman missile deploying its 3rd stage in the upper atmosphere.

Dang I was beaten to the punch lol.

Originally posted by ypperst

edit on 30-6-2011 by Vodo34861 because: adding a quote

Sorry, my mistake, Mods, please move this thread into the trash bin.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Definitely looks like a weapon test of some sort.

2nd Line.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
A person from astro physics here, not me, says that the image is of a massive solar flare event as seen over the horizon from earth. The event is larger than any other solar discharge bubble she has ever seen. Good thing it was not pointed towards earth. The shock wave if it hit us would of been worldwide devastation. She said that. I am going to say that remember when things like this happened guess what happens afterwards. Volcano eruptions, earthquakes. so some time very soon a big one may happen.
edit on 30-6-2011 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

From that sighting in hawaii,I wonder when and if some of the shock waves ripple effect will hit us and when. like throwing a rock in a lake and watching the ripple effect so to speak. I suppose the first indication will be that the satillites will be falling or getting damaged and a loss of communications. This is also related to the california woman who said, that the sun looked odd and that she stared into the sun and she said it looked funny, like something was sort of blocking the sun. This was the shock wave blocking and distorting the sunlight. What i think, not what she says.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

That "astro physics" person is wrong.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

she says way to large to be a terrestrial detonation. The halo from the shockwave, is extending far beyond the limits of our atmosphere visually. It could not have been a terrestrial detonation, the shockwave halo would of been more flattened against the horizon. The light discharge would not of been as bright, that far away. She has seen photographs like this one, in astro physics class during studies of solar events, but she has never seen one this big before. She says, go look for yourself.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

That "astro physics" person is wrong.

Don't you ever get the impression that people are like "lalalalala" with their fingers in their ears whenever your very reasonable posts show up on a thread? I would have permanent brain damage from my head repeatedly hitting my desk if I were in your shoes.

To the OP, check the link in the 3rd here. Should explain pretty clearly what happened here.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggyMcBigPants

ok, so a stage from a rocket missle caused this, then why have we not seen this every time the space shuttle or any other rocket goes up in space. this is what i am saying. Detonation from a rocket minutemen 3, no.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Just looked at the pic.... looks like a dust particle out of focus.

Case closed.
edit on 30-6-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggyMcBigPants

I suppose you believe that the birds die offs were caused by fireworks.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Here's what likely happened, according to Phil Plait of the Bad Astronomy blog: In the missile's third stage motor are ports that are blown open by an explosive charge about three minutes into the launch. This opening terminates the missile's thrust so it can be targeted accurately.
At the point when the charges go off, the missile is above most of Earth's atmosphere, so the fuel blows outward in a sphere. The expanding fuel might also compress the atmosphere as it expands, exciting charged particles in the air and creating a ring of light.

www.livescience.com...

Who fired it?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Vandenberg AFB.
www.independent.com...

As pointed out in the original thread.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Why is this thread still going? Its already been proved to be a Minuteman III

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by imitator

Yeah I can agree with that, or maybe it was just a drop of moisture evaporating against the lense of the camera. Didn't really look like it was in deep space, moved a little to fast, and was too "perfect"!

top topics

join