It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq combat deaths hit 3 year high

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Almost a year after Obama declared combat missions have ended.

The American military announced on Thursday that three more American soldiers had been killed this week, as the combat-related deaths for United States forces in Iraq reached a monthly toll not seen since 2008.

www.nytimes.com...

All that is needed to go back to full force in Iraq is an asking for help.

Meanwhile, the debate persists in Baghdad over whether the government of Iraq should ask the United States to extend the troop deadline and allow some units to stay and continue training exercises. The United States has indicated that it would say yes to such a request, although it is unclear what impact the latest attacks — and troop deaths — would have on that decision.

Nowhere near over.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

That must be a typo or something.

I'm pretty sure President Obama promised that we would be out of Iraq within 16 months of his inauguration.

We're past that, right?

I had a smiley face up there, but took it down to show no disrespect to our troops, who can't change what Obama does.

edit on 30-6-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Maybe we really are all out and this is just one of those "kinetic military actions" that don't really count as anything.

I'm afraid Iraq and Afganistan are going to become the flip/flop chips for election cycles.

The big push this cycle is going to be "our president is neglecting Iraq while Afganistan is stable and safe" and after that it'll be "this president is neglecting Afganistan while Iraq is stable and safe" and so on until some other cause comes along.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Please say it isn't so?

new topics

top topics

join