It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will you do? :Survival: --SHTF--

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Finding a decent grain mill that works properly is a real challenge. Avoid the 70s era ones,(crack easy) and it doesnt hurt to have some grain in a pill bottle in the glove box if you spot one at a garage sale. Little experience from owning two second hand beaters.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

i'd go crazy with no internet!! lol

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

I'd go shopping and ask them if they still take visa ! lol

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I love situations like this
Anywayz if the world ended:
I would first find a base of operations. May it be a Wal-Mart, Hospital etc..
Then I would gather important resources that will be valuable (medicine,feul,batteries)
Next, I would search for others doing the same or just wandering. I would let them use my resources if they would join my group. I would offer them protection, food, safety(If they are a family) They really have no choice.

Another thing to do, which is optional but still important, is to raid the nearest police station for weapons, food and ammo. This is important because it provides you with safety and makes sure other people acquire these armarments.

My society would be named Camylon, named after Camelot and Babylon. We would keep accepting new members, first starting at a huge building like a hospital and eventually, with enough supplies and people, move into the wilderness and learn to live without the help of modern comfort.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by zeon9010

I would do what I need to, to get by. I would be hunting, fishing, trapping, cutting wood, building shelter, and gardening all the time. If there are others with me, they will do the same, everyone will have jobs to do, to carry there weight...and everyone will learn how to do everyone elses job, so that we are all equilly valuable to the homestead.
If it was just me I would have plenty of things to keep me busy...live it one day at a time and deal with things, or problems as they appear.
I guess just keep on livin!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korndawg
I love situations like this
Anywayz if the world ended:
I would first find a base of operations. May it be a Wal-Mart, Hospital etc..
Then I would gather important resources that will be valuable (medicine,feul,batteries)
Next, I would search for others doing the same or just wandering. I would let them use my resources if they would join my group. I would offer them protection, food, safety(If they are a family) They really have no choice.

Another thing to do, which is optional but still important, is to raid the nearest police station for weapons, food and ammo. This is important because it provides you with safety and makes sure other people acquire these armarments.

My society would be named Camylon, named after Camelot and Babylon. We would keep accepting new members, first starting at a huge building like a hospital and eventually, with enough supplies and people, move into the wilderness and learn to live without the help of modern comfort.

Your lack of supplies and protection for a group is a set up for failure, the building with no electric will back up with waste from the sewers not pumping it down the line, and the type of people you would get, well, the vast majority will let there own needs rule there actions and thus you will have way to much drama and they will just take from you...BTW what if the stores are already occupied? what if the guns and ammo are already gone? How would you take oover a building if the owner of it is there and defending it? If you think you can just go and take because you need...watch out, because they will do the same to you....why don't you just prep and have what you need, plus a little extra for trade?
Your counting on something that might not be there for you to steal...that is what your doing...stealing...good luck with surviving 3 days with that as your plan.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by fuelrod
I think it depends on the situation, is it a long term survival or a short term thing,
I am lucky enough to have land that many people can live on, however i would be very selective of the people that i would allow to stay, they would have to be able bodied and motivated to have an input into the small "society" that we could have. There would be strict rules and very severe consequences and no more than thirty people.
We would not try to join other groups but maybe try and work some arrangement out with other groups. NO MONEY!! NO RELIGION!! NO POLITICS!! Just honest, hard working people devoted to each other and surviving.

Sounds like heaven! Where do I sign up?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join