It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Playing Xbox leads to SWAT raid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

It happened at a home at 2002 Morning Sun Lane Tuesday afternoon. The family said it all started when their 15 year old son was playing video games with someone on the Internet. That Internet partner played more than just a game and called in a hostage situation to 911 that ended with SWAT members and deputies surrounding the home, only to find out later it was all just a hoax.

"They had a whole SWAT team at my door and I came out of my room and they've got their guns pointed at me and stuff," said Hunter Gelinas, who had his Xbox hacked.

Just a reminder, sure the chances are slim, but you dont ever have to do anything at all to have men with pointed guns kick your door down.

Somebody could have been killed, a family pet could have been killed, this family just minding their own business is now sucked up into the "justice" system for however long it will take to get things squared away.

Through absolutely no fault of their own.

Article

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
That would be awesome. To play the new medal of honor and end up with a SWAT team outside my door.

I'd be like: "Look ma'! We are in a movie!"

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Man ,the games are getting so lifelike.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

That Internet partner played more than just a game and called in a hostage situation to 911 that ended with SWAT

The 15 year olds gaming partner called in a hostage situation. Jesse's, got to be pretty messed up to do such a ting. Some teens just don't have a functional brain to cope with gaming and reality.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well It's a good thing I don't play online much. And this is one of the reasons why, there are too many douchebags online.

edit on 30-6-2011 by BoneMosaic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
That would be awesome. To play the new medal of honor and end up with a SWAT team outside my door.

Yeaaaaaah...sure

I see you never had screaming men in uniform shoving guns at you and your family.

Once when I was younger, some teen shot a cop three towns over and his description matched my own. I was walking in front of my home and suddenly six or more cop cars started rushing from all directions of the four-way. I was pretty impressed and nosey so I stopped and waited to see where they were going, it had to be close.

Instantly police officers jumped out screaming for me to get on the ground and to keep my hands where they could be seen. My mother ran out of the house, over protective as always, and she was also held at gun point.

She didn't stop, she just wanted to get close to her kid and get between the guns and me. The police threw her against a wall and started screaming at her as she flipped out and screamed right back. One cop called her "the bad word" that starts with a "B"

saying "If this "B" don't stop 'm gunna-"

At that point, all stupid, I start charging the op who called my mother a female dog, and they threw me down so hard I lost my breath.

At this time nobody knows why the police are doing this, and I am scared out of my mind. No saying "HEY MOM LOOK WE ARE IN A MOVIE!".

After like 5 minutes, they get a call and they have captured the shooter a few towns over and they apologize and leave.

Anyone saying they would enjoy a SWAT team (or anyone) pointing guns in their faces is just being silly.

The poor kid playing XBOX could have been hurt in many ways. I hope he sues someone like I should have done.

MM
edit on 30-6-2011 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Yeaaaaaah...sure

I see you never had screaming men in uniform shoving guns at you and your family.

Once when I was younger, some teen shot a cop three towns over and his description matched my own. I was walking in front of my home and suddenly six or more cop cars started rushing from all directions of the four-way. I was pretty impressed and nosey so I stopped and waited to see where they were going, it had to be close.

Instantly police officers jumped out screaming for me to get on the ground and to keep my hands where they could be seen. My mother ran out of the house, over protective as always, and she was also held at gun point.

She didn't stop, she just wanted to get close to her kid and get between the guns and me. The police threw her against a wall and started screaming at her as she flipped out and screamed right back. One cop called her "the bad word" that starts with a "B"

saying "If this "B" don't stop 'm gunna-"

At that point, all stupid, I start charging the op who called my mother a female dog, and they threw me down so hard I lost my breath.

At this time nobody knows why the police are doing this, and I am scared out of my mind. No saying "HEY MOM LOOK WE ARE IN A MOVIE!".

After like 5 minutes, they get a call and they have captured the shooter a few towns over and they apologize and leave.

Anyone saying they would enjoy a SWAT team (or anyone) pointing guns in their faces is just being silly.

The poor kid playing XBOX could have been hurt in many ways. I hope he sues someone like I should have done.

MM

Well that's not how they should behave. I was talking more along the lines of respectful SWATs saying: "Get to the ground sir".

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Well that's not how they should behave. I was talking more along the lines of respectful SWATs saying: "Get to the ground sir".

The kind who ride in on sparkling unicorns and sing songs. Respectful SWATS. Classic.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

The kind who ride in on sparkling unicorns and sing songs. Respectful SWATS. Classic.

I mean wouldn't that be awesome?!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Parents really need to watch their kids. Especially on systems like Xbox and PS3. There are some real bastards on there. I really don't like my 9-year old playing online with strangers. I only let him play online with kids from his school. Some people on those systems are degenerates. Honestly. Just go play Black Ops or Halo and plug in a pair of headphones for 5 minutes. Your jaw would hit the floor

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BoneMosaic
Well It's a good thing I don't play online much. And this is one of the reasons why, there are too many douchebags online.

edit on 30-6-2011 by BoneMosaic because: (no reason given)

Agreed.

I have to admit to being a MW2 player (runner gunner, FMJ-UMP, LWP/MP/SP, no corner camping).

And playing on xbox live I see a few things all too often.

Racists yelling racial slurs from all sides, sexist perverts accosting EVERY female on the game and demanding for sexual pleasures, people screaming vulgarities at everyone even children, abusive sick minds doing everything they can to try and make someone cry or urging them to commit suicide...and worst of them all "CAMPING IN CORNERS!"

I'll say one thing- any parent allowing any child to play on XBOX live, namely adult games, is messing up big time. Addresses can be found, privacy can be breeched, young minds can be damaged or tainted and PEOPLE CAN LEARN TO CAMP WITH NOOB TUBES!

Anyways...yeah...it says "rated M for mature" on the damn box. Yet alls you ever see in every game is some little kid sitting in the middle of a cesspool of scum behaving like savages.

These parents wouldnt let their kids hang out in a dark room with these types of pigs, yet they allow them to sit and listen to these people hours on end everyday.

Kids should NOT be on XBOX live playing adult games...end of story.

EDITED TO ADD- And Quick-scopers! Man they suck! Totally worthless lot.
MM

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hoax? NO, It's a waste of community resources. I would be Pissed, to say the least, if they walked out with my Xbox, because of something someone else did, that I had no control over. Take my Netflix machine, you get rage. Their Answer for this is not to connect to the internet? THAT is what the machine is designed for. If a hacker can access the Xbox from the outside and tech support can access it from the outside, why is it that law enforcement has to take it to do their job? Way to victimize the victim twice. Now, I do not blame the police for what happened, but I do blame them for the way they handled it,in confiscating the Xbox. As for the hacker, I hope they are caught and severely punished for the waste of public resources. It served no purpose to do what they did. Just because you can do something, does not mean you should, especially when it goes against the public good.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Are they the ones that hand out lollipops while rainbows magically dance all around, if they are awww sweet.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The sad thing is police forces LOVE these types of call outs. They don't have to do a thing!

SWAT will steal personal property to keep or sell, fines will be issued and money made then they get to go back to the station and report the SWAT call out as a line item to justify asking for a bigger budget. Because clearly the more times SWAT is called out the higher the level of crime is.

-Lightrule

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
getting access to an xbox is pretty easy. i had an old one that i soft modded, and the password to ftp is always the same on all of them. "xbox" is pretty original, don't you think?

i'm glad no one got hurt, and i doubt the family has any idea how close they were to being shot. what if the dad had a knife in his hand when the swat team broke in? i don't think they would have found it funny then, they're lucky.

top topics

join