It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Carlin: The Illusion Of Choice - An Enlightening Compilation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This particular collection of clips was just uploaded on the 27th of June, and I must say it is very well put together. It speaks so well, I felt I had to bring it to the forum. For those who don't know,

George Denis Patrick Carlin (May 12, 1937 – June 22, 2008) was an American stand-up comedian, social critic, actor and author, who won five Grammy Awards for his comedy albums

Some of the news clips in here I have not seen and would guess some of you here haven't as well. It's a great clip and it's just over 5 minutes, check it:

(here's the link incase the embedd goes bad...

I find little to argue with here, and the fact that Carlin could relay this and even put a comedic twist on it at live shows goes pretty far.

Your thoughts?
Good day...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
"I got this real problem with my head, it's called 'Thinking'"... Ha!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

I love him.....grew up watching and LMAO at him. He is soooo funny but also spot on and calls it like it is.

Thank you for the laugh and an eye opener at the same time. This that he talks of is the US. Once the greatest Country to live in. Now....as an adult I see our Government as a Sinister Cult. SAD!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Great video. Carlin was a genius, an astute observer of the scene. I remember listening to him when I was in middle school in 1970-71. He was probably the first person to wake me up to the fact that things are not what they seem. S&F

edit on 6/30/2011 by wtbengineer because: spelling oops

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I think Carlin is rolling in his grave.

George Carlin would disdain this video. The propagandistic style of overlaid music to accent the words, to give them an increased sense of importance is the kind of Machiavellian manipulation that he railed against.
And the added laugh track was disgusting. I'm sure that had I the time, I could do an archival search of his work and put together a video of him lampooning THIS video.

Oh, you mean what do I think about his words? Oh yeah, well sure. What's to disagree?

new topics

top topics

join