It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gen. Tommy Franks: Threat on Israel justified pre-emption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
-- The threat of a missile attack on Israel was one reason justifying a pre-emptive strike against Iraq, Gen. Tommy Franks said.

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

So, is the US doing the dirty work of Israel here when they attacked Iraq? I am beginning to wonder that it may be true what Ariel Sharon said that " I want to tell you something very clear, don't worry about American pressure on Israel, we, the Jewish people control America, and the Americans know it."

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What do you think when you got guys like Rumsfeld(Jewish), Wolfowitz(big time jew) running the government from behind the scenes? Every couple years they just switch jobs but they have been operating in our government for twenty years!

Think about the jobs you have taken and there's always that one guy who has been there forever. He gets the perfect schedule, makes the most money, gets the days off he wants, in real tight with management. You work the same job long enough, you start makin the job work for you!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BANGINCOLOR
What do you think when you got guys like Rumsfeld(Jewish), Wolfowitz(big time jew) running the government from behind the scenes? Every couple years they just switch jobs but they have been operating in our government for twenty years!

Think about the jobs you have taken and there's always that one guy who has been there forever. He gets the perfect schedule, makes the most money, gets the days off he wants, in real tight with management. You work the same job long enough, you start makin the job work for you!

although this is true, you must understand the consequences if Israel were to invade Iraq...
1) the arab nations in the US-led coalition would break up and attack Israel, which btw is pure stupidity by the arabs &
2) the UN would collapse on Israel.

Israel could afford to fight the Arabs(piece of cake!!!:lol
. However, they cant afford to face the UN!!! Although Israel is a superpower behind the scenes, America would have to fight for them in order to avoid international pressure and condemnation.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
"although this is true, you must understand the consequences if Israel were to invade Iraq... "

I assume you meant attack Iran.

And no, I don't think arab nations would break away and attack Israel. They didn't when Israel destoryed Iraq's nuclear reactor in the '80's so why would now be any different? And considering how much American power is out there now, there is no way they would attack Israel. We yanked Saddam Hussein out of a spider hole which no one thought we could do.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   

"although this is true, you must understand the consequences if Israel were to invade Iraq... "

I assume you meant attack Iran.

And no, I don't think arab nations would break away and attack Israel. They didn't when Israel destoryed Iraq's nuclear reactor in the '80's so why would now be any different? And considering how much American power is out there now, there is no way they would attack Israel. We yanked Saddam Hussein out of a spider hole which no one thought we could do.

i was talking about last year when the US attacked Iraq. However, you could imply this to the current situation with Iran, too.

In 1981, there was no US-led coalition. Besides, this strike took everyone by surprise!!! By the time any Arab country would be prepared for a counter-attack, Israel would be ready.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
How come they didnt mention the threat to Israel before the attack?

As if Israel couldnt have handled Saddam and his pathetic, antiquated army by themselves anyway. They probably would have done it far quicker and cleaner than Bush did anyway. They love to kill.

[edit on 11-8-2004 by redneck]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
A threat how? No WMD's, no Air Force, no nothing.

What exactly was Israel so terrified of? Sounds like spin to me. And pretty stupid, thoughtless spin too. NONE of Saddam's neighbours thought he was a threat, because he wasn't, being mostly defanged.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The Jewish influence in the US and around the world is a force for good. Jewish people are disproportionately high achievers in all aspects of commerce, science, entertainment etc

Contrast this with the "contribution" of the Muslim world over the past 50 years - all negative.

Isn't there a stat that shows that out of a few million Jews there have been dozens of Nobel prize winners and out of a billion muslims only three?

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

What do you think when you got guys like Rumsfeld(Jewish), Wolfowitz(big time jew) running the government from behind the scenes?

Sorry to sound pedantic, but I'm almost definitely sure that Donald Rumsfeld is NOT Jewish, he's just of German descent (not everyone with a German surname is Jewish y'know!) Anyway, if you look at all the Washington neo-cons and the Project for the New American Century, these institutions are fraught with Jewish politicians who hold Zionist aspirations, people like Richard Perle who has close ties with such right-wing Israeli parties as the incumbent Likud. So it's no wonder that US foreign policy is being swayed in favour of the Israeli's.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The only reason the Arabs did not do nothing when Israel attacked Iraq back in the 80's is because actually they were doing a favor to them, Sadam has been a thorn in the middle east for the Arabs countries for a while actually US did a favor to them also when it took him out of power.

top topics

join