It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation found in U.S. Food ..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
..................................And the biggest cover up of modern times continues on while the sheoplized robots go about their daily slavery for the Puppet Masters. We can't have any truth now. Or is it more like, we can't have any panic now? Or possibly it could really be about we can't have any truth that might effect the beloved economy? God forbid someone lose a buck for the benefit of human life. Now go eat your Sushi! ~SheopleNation
edit on 11-8-2011 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
TimeLine
------------
2011/03/11

05:46:24.12 38.2970 142.3730 29.00 9.10 Mw 541 1.16 NEI 201103112012

EPA Updates

* May 3, 2011 - Return to Routine Operations
* May 3, 2011 - Joint FDA, NOAA and EPA Fact Sheet on Seafood Safety
* April 4, 2011 - Update on Drinking Water Monitoring
* April 2, 2011 - Update on Ongoing Monitoring
* March 30, 2011 - Update on Ongoing Milk Monitoring
* March 28, 2011 - EPA Monitoring Continues to Confirm That No Radiation Levels of Concern Have Reached the United States
* March 22, 2011 - Statement on Recent Findings in West Coast States and Hawaii
* March 18, 2011 - JOINT EPA/DOE STATEMENT: Radiation Monitors Confirm That No Radiation Levels of Concern Have Reached the United States
* March 15, 2011 - EPA Statement on Air Monitoring Effort
o Declaración de EPA (15 de marzo de 2011)

Mar 23, 2011
------------
CBC News
Posted: Mar 23, 2011 4:36 PM NT
Last Updated: Mar 23, 2011 4:36 PM NT
Back to accessibility links
Radiation monitors like these in Sidney, B.C., are detecting miniscule increases in radiation, presumably from the troubled Japanese reactors. Radiation monitors like these in Sidney, B.C., are detecting miniscule increases in radiation, presumably from the troubled Japanese reactors. (CBC)
Supporting Story Content
A detector in St. John's has picked up signs of radiation believed to have come from damaged nuclear power facilities in Japan.
Health Canada is analyzing the data.
There have been reports that minuscule amounts of radioactive particles — believed to have come from Japan — have also been detected in Iceland, officials told Reuters Tuesday.
The amounts found in Iceland are believed to be too low to harm human health, according to the Icelandic Radiation Safety Authority (IRSA).
Traces of iodine-131 were discovered in an air filter used at a radiation monitoring center in Reykjavik the IRSA said Tuesday. Iodine-131 has also reportedly been detected in eastern Newfoundland.
A nuclear plant in Japan leaked radiation after it was damaged by a tsunami and earthquake on March 11.
The Health Canada detector is located on the roof at Memorial University's Fisheries and Marine Institute.
------------------------------
27 Mar 2011
-------------
Radioiodine found in rainwater
No public health concern expected
Updated: Sunday, 27 Mar 2011, 8:01 PM EDT
Published : Sunday, 27 Mar 2011, 2:11 PM EDT
* Sy Becker
BOSTON (WWLP) - Raindrops containing low level radioactive material from Japan have reached Massachusetts. We're told there's nothing to worry about right now.
-------------
April 11
-----------
News updates, April 11 2011 . (one month later)
Radiation Readings
Monitoring is ongoing by a variety of organizations:
TEPCO, IAEA, and MEXT,
among many others.
Radiation levels in most prefectures continue to hover at or slightly above background.
(For comparison, the average background rate is 0.05-0.1 microsieverts per hour.)
However, radiation dose rates in a few isolated areas are higher.
(maximum of 1.6 microsieverts per hour, most of which are inside the zone already ordered to evacuate or take shelter.)
Yukio Edano named these locations:
Katsuo, Kawamata, Namie, Iitate, and Minami Soma,
(maximum of 1.6 microsieverts per hour)
The dose rates reported by the IAEA in these areas have a
maximum of 1.6 microsieverts per hour.
For comparison, the average background rate is 0.05-0.1 microsieverts per hour.
--------------------------------------
August 2011
---------------
Oklahoma u.s.a.,, registering, 1.6 microsieverts, in rainfall.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by thereisnotruth

Cali and others, see the list of radio-protective foods that I just posted in the ATS/BTS Food and Cooking section. Here is that link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This entire disaster is the largest modern day cover up of Mankind. It's unbelievable how stupid and silent most of the sheople are about this tragedy. Not to mention the Governments and media. One would have thought that the entire world stopped when Haiti had an earthquake. You couldn't turn on the TV without someone asking for donations. I rarely see anything about donating to Japan. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
yes it is very re-assuring that in Japan on Honshu near Fukushima Daiichi they (the government of Japan and Tepco ) repeated, again and again the mantra: "no immediate threat to human health" , and it is especially nice to see the U.S> media picking up the relay with the dumbed down version : " no threat to human health" , I'd like to see the guide lines for what the media masters determine is : 'health', and or 'human' and for whom

(edit) I assume we all understand the idiocy of " immediate" and the necessity for it's removal in American media
edit on 29-8-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
You know, I find this disturbing, but not at all surprising.

What I find disturbing after reading this article and my discussions with people in the "real" world & on other sites (especially live leak voice chat) is the lack of general understanding of just how dangerous ANY LEVEL of internal radiation is. Most people simply don't have the background in biochemistry to understand why it is dangerous & that internal emitters (fallout particles) and external emitters of radiation are on totally different ends of the spectrum when it comes to the the potential for bodily damage with minute levels of exposure.

The lack of media exposure on this subject coupled with the lack of pulicly acknowledged expert opinion on the biochemical effects of particle radiation exposure in any measurable amount & their devastating effects on health (which take many years to manifest, more often than not) is frightening.

Every person, friend or family has blown this subject off when i tried to warn them about buying food from the west coast (I live on the east coast) and continue to buy it because it's cheaper despite knowing that paying a little extra might just literally save their asses.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Greetings:

Meanwhile, back to the Fukushima World-Killer Nuke Meltdowns and the [color=limegreen]continuing radiation poising of our land, food and children - 24/7/365.

zorgon, what is your take on this?

Well, I spent three weeks following that Fukushima story doggedly... then in the end I found out three things...

1) Except for a handful of people and those that live in the area... NO ONE CARES...

2) We are still here... 1000's of nuke tests (especially near my home town) medical radiation, space radiation, CME's, cell tower radiation, microwave radiation... etc etc.. and we are STILL HERE.. and world population is increasing exponentially

3) Radiation is good for you

Greetings:

Thank you for your insightful and timely response.

1) We have been attempting to sound the alarm in the many nuke-related threads in our signature, and have come to the same conclusion: NO ONE CARES...

However, having spent the last six weeks on the road in the Hurricane Irene-ravaged areas of North Carolina, we were amazed - no, dumfounded - that [color=limegreen]NOT ONE PERSON we spoke with (including fellow First Responder Volunteer Firepersons) had any clue about Fukushima 24/7/365.

The Captain of the local department said that "there is no problem, or the USGOV/EPA would alert us, and it would be on television, right? (!???!)

Revised Conclusion: The people have been denied the basic information to make informed decisions as to how best "handle" the radiation poisoning nightmare.

2) Never thought that you would not be (there) "here" - after all, who would want to leave that pool? And whatever happens in "here" (there) stays in "here," (there), right mate?

3) You and Ann Coulter make such a great pair...

Glad to be back.

As we have been attempting to bring to light for over six months (!), there exists a world-wide conspiracy in the MSM to deprive the public of the facts regarding the dire consequences of the melt-throughs of the nuclear reactors at Fukushima-Daiichi.

Please listen up, people.

Your life and the lives of your loved ones may very well depend on your access to and use thereof of potentially life-saving information being kept from you by the EPA/USGOV.

The total number of days between Friday, March 11th, 2011 and Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 is 214 days.

The radiation poisoning of our people, food and land has continued unabated - 24/7/365 - for exactly 7 months.

For your edification and enjoyment (bewilderment), a few 'notable' stories that seemed to miss mass circulation and perhaps a peek at what might have been missed on the 6:00 o'clock news...:

Three days into the disaster, this FOR EYES ONLY memo circulated at the NRC.

14 March 2011
NRC ONLY Update – All 3 Reactor Cores Likely Damaged

15 March 2011
Fukushima Daiichi Units Degrading – Zirconium Fire at Reactor 4 SFP – Reactor 2 Possible Reactor Vessel Breach & Ex-Vessel Core Reaction

My goodness gracious! And we thought they (TEPCO/JAPGOV) said they had this "stabilized..." and presumably under control...

At least, that is what they (and the EPA/USGOV) would have you believe.

Fast-forward about six months to more headlines you may have missed in your local media:

21 August 2011
Fukushima Officials Worry New Discovery of Radioactive Beef Will Harm Reputation More After Farmer Confirms Cattle Not Fed Contaminated Rice Straw

21 August 2011
4,000 Potentially Radioactive Cows Without Radioactive Rice Hay May Have Been Shipped from One Farm in Namie-Machi, Fukushima

29 August 2011
Why the Fukushima Disaster Is Worse Than Chernobyl

31 August 2011
France Releases Map of Cesium-137 Deposition Across the Pacific – Shows the US More Contaminated Than Western Japan

[color=limegreen]Will this insanity ever end?

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Bump....I would hope is necessary. Or is there another post with the latest TRUTHS??

I would think that this would be affecting all of the US through fall-out and the fish we eat. Especially those found in the frozen food sections which are usually made of Alaskan pollock. What about milk and drinking water? I would also think that where there are other nuclear plants there are bound to be leaks into the ground. Would the plants also affect the emmittance of radon (natural-if there is truly a natural source and not from spent rods and current funtioning plants) from the ground.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mcsandy

You are asking about the safety of milk and water. Here's what I've seen so far:

Milk -- Hawaiian dairy farms have talked about treating cow's milk with boron at their dairies in order to remove the radionuclides. I don't know which farms are doing that. It's not exactly advertised. Frankly, the anti-nuclear literature gives many examples of dairy farms in North America that are downwind of nuclear power plants, so the Fukushima nuclear disaster is not a new challenge for dairy farms. Contact the company that supplies your dairy products, and see what they say. They may be willing to share information on the phone that they would otherwise be reluctant to put in print. ...Otherwise, I would not recommend drinking cow's milk until more is known. Here is a link that discusses reports from the dairy farmers in Hawaii that have been talking about treating cow's milk with boron:

theintelhub.com...

Some people are avoiding cow's and goat's milk completely; instead they are using soy milk, almond milk, or oat milk.

Some updates on food radionuclide status are being posted on the website of the UC Berkeley Nuclear Engineering Department. Here is a YouTube report from August 2011:

www.youtube.com...

Here is the latest UC Berkeley N.E.D. data. There was more online recently, but it has been taken offline:

www.infiniteunknown.net...

2. Water - Here is the best online discussion I have seen so far on how to remove radionuclides from water. It is from Jeff McMahon, a blogger associated with Forbes Magazine:

www.forbes.com...

Remember that all surface water sources will have to be treated with this type of process. Included in surface waters are lakes, rivers, streams, reservoirs, aqueducts, and ponds. One of my sources also reports that radionuclides deposited on soil surfaces have been known to make their way into ground waters (such as wells) within several (5?) years. It's always something.

The radon release cycle is completely independent of radionuclide releases from nuclear power plants.

edit on 12/22/2011 by Uphill because: Added a new sentence.

edit on 12/22/2011 by Uphill because: Add a link.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcsandy
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Bump....I would hope is necessary. Or is there another post with the latest TRUTHS??

I would think that this would be affecting all of the US through fall-out and the fish we eat, especially those found in the frozen food sections which are usually made of Alaskan pollock.
What about milk and drinking water?
I would also think that where there are other nuclear plants there are bound to be leaks into the ground.
Would the plants also affect the emmittance of radon (natural-if there is truly a natural source and not from spent rods and current funtioning plants) from the ground.

Greetings:

Thank you for your time, consideration and participation.

All good questions, and many of the answers you seek are to be found in many of the threads in our signature.

Please join us and post your views.

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join