It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation found in U.S. Food ..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Mankind is such a distructive race, its only a matter of time before we destroy ourselfs. Our lust for power, and money will eventually catch up with us.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Larger-than-lead elements aren't digested by the human body because they are too large. The rest... We're doomed.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The varying amounts are from area to area from the ongoing fallout, not higher on the Westcoast than the Eastcoast. As other nuclear power plants age/ be susceptible to natural disasters, as concluded by a study that more people than ever live by nuclear power plants, cancers will show in time, the maybe rate higher depending on one's previous lifestyle(times near radiation, etc), genetics and more.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

I think this is simple. Avoid foods from the west coast...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I ate some strawberry ice-cream the other day, the kind with actual strawberries in it. Noticed that the berries had a horrible metallic taste to them. I stopped eating it, only ate about 1/8 of the pint, it was that bad. Haven't tested it with my geiger counter yet, but after reading this thread and thinking about it, I'm about to. Tested my milk the other day and was getting around 50 counts per minute. The normal background radiation where I'm at is 20. The milk came from Texas.
Assuming the strawberries in the ice-cream came from CA..

Wondering if anyone else has noticed any food tasting a bit off?

Not trying to fear monger, just stating my own personal experiences as of late...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Great, hit me with something that I don't know.

I already knew this but I brushed it off as something that isn't worth mentioning, seems like now is the time.

If you eat it, it means that you can purge it.

The solution is simple, take a salt water bath that has ionizing salt in it, and put at least 3 tablespoons of baking soda in it. Soak yourself in it and you'll be fine. This is one out of hundreds of ways to get rid of radiation poisoning with home remedies.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Will my beer survive this onslaught? I'm not kidding.

I'm really not.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Hiasyouwant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
this is a problem created by mankind itself, 911 is a good example. The plan will remain in action & illuminati will continue there path of destruction killing innocent lives for limiting population growth.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Anyone know of any good low cost geiger counters that can be used to detect these low levels of radiation in food and milk etc...from California?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

It's because people are ignorant...if they cant see it right in front of their eyes its not there. Everyone will start turning up dead and with cancer and everyone will scratch their heads like they have no idea whats going on...i swear 75% or more of the populations in countries are just straight retarded

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Can I throw another factor out?

Why they are in this state of ignorance is because of their shadow or the work of someone else's shadow. A person's own shadow is any person's greatest challenge, it never sleeps, it doesn't need attention, and all it needs is negative energy. There are two real emotions, Love and Fear. The shadow is fear, it grow more powerful the more the person fears, soon it takes them over and riles other dormant shadows to fight them. Even I have a tough time fighting my own shadow when others shadow start mocking and criticizing me.

They are scared, they don't know about their own shadow and what it feeds on. We need to fight our own shadow and start coming together as a community.

Radiation in food is one of the products of someone's shadow. The more the people know about this the better, and the faster we solve this problem.
edit on 1-7-2011 by FreedomCommander because: incomplete

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by siren8
You want radiation in your food. It kills food germs. If you ever see them stop irradiating your vegetables, its time to panic. We don't need e-coli here.
You are confusing two different things.

1. Food is sometimes exposed to gamma rays, a form of radiation, by food processors, to kill harmful organisms.

This is good. Nobody I know thinks this is harmful, The food is not radioactive after exposure.

2. Food contains radioactive material

This is natural if the levels are at the low, normal background level. When the content of radioactive materials becomes elevated due to contamination from fallout, it can become a health risk. This is totally different than the type of radiation in #1 because you ingest it. You don't ingest anything radioactive as a result of #1.

As Obi Wan said, "this isn't the radiation you're looking for, move along" OK not an exact quote but you get the idea. It's not completely safe, but not many people are likely to die from the low levels in the US food supply. Some people probably will die from it, some of them 50 years from now perhaps. But not a lot. Crossing the street is still a much larger risk of death than this low level of radiation. Are you going to stop crossing the street? If no, then you don't have to stop eating either.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I have a question...

Does anyone know what the "natural" radiation levels of today are compared to the natural radiation levels of... say... 1910 ?

What an interesting tidbit of information that would be, no ?

... don't mind me, I'm just planting the seed, the rest is up to you guys.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
I suppose the easiest thing to do is just blame it all on Japan.

Lets take this news:

Radioactive leaks found at 75% of US nuke sites

and hide it under the carpet.

www.cbsnews.com...

this man is onto something......

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
News flash dude/lady.. they irradiate all of our food anyway to kill bacteria and junk.

You can't escape it.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
News flash dude/lady.. they irradiate all of our food anyway to kill bacteria and junk.

You can't escape it.
News flash, see my post a few posts up. Irradiated food is NOT radioactive, at least not as a result of being irradiated. If you're going to bring this stuff up, please at least try to research it so you know what it's all about.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

You can't escape it.

Yes of cause they do and this is good. As already stated above by Arbitrageur this is something completely different. Please educate yourself about radiation.
If you switch on your light all your stuff in the room gets hit by those light raws. But is all your stuff turned into something that creates light itself after this? Don't mix up the radiation source (the bad stuff released in tons at Fukushima) and the radiation itself.

The source is bad as it creates lots of particles with high (or not so high) energy levels that can penetrate your stuff and destroy your DNA or whatever if they hit it. But if the source is gone there are no further particles. The radiation itself is not radioactive!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

The food has no lingering radiation, but why are people afraid of radiation in the first place?

Exactly, read up on "free radicals" and why you shouldn't want your food irradiated.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
I have a question...

Does anyone know what the "natural" radiation levels of today are compared to the natural radiation levels of... say... 1910 ?

What an interesting tidbit of information that would be, no ?
If you rephrase the question to "Does anyone know what the radiation levels of today are compared to the natural radiation levels of... say... 1910 ?", leaving out the first "natural", because of course the manmade contribution isn't natural, there's a map for the US anyway, of per capita thyroid doses:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5c353544817f.png[/atsimg]

It's not exactly the same thing but it gives you a general idea of the fallout pattern from the Nevada test site. It looks like Idaho and Montana got the worst of it, even worse than Nevada which doesn't look too bad even though it was the test site. Blue means pretty close to natural background, white is slightly elevated, and red is more elevated.

Depending on which part of Idaho your potatoes come from, the radioactivity level may vary.

And this was all before Fukushima, I'm not sure how much, if any, it's changed in 2011. The west coast might be slightly less blue now, would be my guess but I really don't know.
edit on 1-7-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

The food has no lingering radiation, but why are people afraid of radiation in the first place?

Exactly, read up on "free radicals" and why you shouldn't want your food irradiated.
There's a big difference.

Ionizing radiation can damage your DNA in your own cells. That can potentially lead to cancer.

Eating irradiated food doesn't damage your DNA like ionizing radiation does.
edit on 1-7-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join