It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I could levitate one inch above the Earth would the Earth spin beneath me?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
edit on 2-7-2011 by th3dudeabides because: self delete, multiple post

edit on 2-7-2011 by th3dudeabides because: edit on 2-7-2011 by th3dudeabides because: self delete, multiple post

link   

edit on 2-7-2011 by th3dudeabides because: edit on 2-7-2011 by th3dudeabides because: self delete, multiple post

link   

link   

link   

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I imagine it being much ike a child in the backseat of a car playing with a ball, throwing it up, catching it, it moves at the same speed as the car. but then he throws it out the window, what happens?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by th3dudeabides

QUADRUPLE POST! X540590459 POINTS

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
If you ever had the chance to observe the stars and planets with a scope, I think you would be impressed as to how fast the Earth actually rotates.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Isnt jumping a part of levitation? This question really shows the complexity of our universe. What trips me out, is the fact that we have all this scientific facts, which points to a Creator, yet we still deny them? How can people believe there is no higher entity? Think about it.....Earth is a GIANT ball of dirt and water, suspended in mid air.

Here's a head scratcher....if the US is sitting north...on top of this giant ball, and China is positioned south...are the Chinese people living upside down?

Oh, and another theory i've heard is that the Earth is actually square...but it's spin gives the illusion of it being a sphere shaped object.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You think a hovering helicopter is capable of moving the same speed the earth rotates? That really should answer the question here....
edit on 2-7-2011 by gabbermatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Okay, I will try to make it simple enough for everyone.
Levitation is not the same as rocketing out into space. Nor is it like jumping. You probably will never levitate, nor will you ever really meditate. That is why the Earth will ultimately be turned over to something more worthy than humans.
Oh, and the Earth doesn't spin either. What, the Earth is a top?
All of the crap you learned, is, crap. Face it now, and there is hope.
MACALLAN Scotch is great, but it won't make you levitate. It WILL shoot you out into space. You will think you are SO smart, and good looking too.
Simple enough?

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuttin4U
What trips me out, is the fact that we have all this scientific facts, which points to a Creator, yet we still deny them?

There are no 'scientific facts' that point to a creator.

If an alien from a culture without 'god myths' came to earth and reviewed all science, it would simply conclude that we know a great deal, but there is much in nature still to be explained. The alien wouldn't suddenly fall to it's knees and yell 'praise jesus, I'm saved', because it wasn't raised with 'god myths'.

People who were at one point indoctrinated with 'god myths' and retain a belief in those myths, will always fill in the missing understanding with 'god myths'. It's not because they are silly, dumb or uneducated, it's just that their indoctrination trumps their rational thinking.

How can people believe there is no higher entity?

How can you believe there is? If you hadn't been indoctrinated and then lived in a culture that reinforces that indoctrination, you wouldn't either.

Think about it.....Earth is a GIANT ball of dirt and water, suspended in mid air.

Which can all be explained by science. No mystery there.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
try jumping from the highest building of that dump town of yours and see if you hit the ground right there or a couple of blocks away

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem
Levitation is not the same as rocketing out into space. Nor is it like jumping. You probably will never levitate, nor will you ever really meditate. That is why the Earth will ultimately be turned over to something more worthy than humans.
MACALLAN Scotch is great, but it won't make you levitate. It WILL shoot you out into space. You will think you are SO smart, and good looking too.
Simple enough?

Right... so the sun spins around the earth then?

Please don't have children....

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Ok Iam ignorant on physics and such things, but i just would like to know this .

Its a short and simple question by a short and simple and fat guy.

But could I travel free by simply being above the ground by one inch?

Since you were sharing the inertia of the earths centrifugal force to begin with I think it would follow that you would continue to stay above the same spot for quite some time. Unless the breeze blows you.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem
Simple enough?

If the Earth doesn't spin, why is there centrifugal force?
edit on 5-7-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by digital_desire

This is terrible, but I admit to laughing.

This is my new favorite thread.
edit on 5-7-2011 by InvisibleAlbatross because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join