It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIV-Inhibiting Mechanism Identified

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
www.sciencedaily.com...

Researchers at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine have discovered a long-sought cellular factor that works to inhibit HIV infection of myeloid cells, a subset of white blood cells that display antigens and hence are important for the body's immune response against viruses and other pathogens.

SAMHD1 factor, researchers have found, can also sense and interfere with infection of myeloid cells, such as macrophages and dendritic cells, with HIV-1 and related immunodeficiency viruses. As such, SAMHD1 prevents the synthesis of virus copies in these cells, according to research led by Jacek Skowronski, PhD, a professor in the Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology and member of the Center for AIDS Research at the Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine.

"The identification of SAMHD1 and its function may help to explain why some infected individuals can control HIV infection better than others," Dr. Skowronski says. "Ultimately, it could also provide a basis for conceiving of new therapies and treatment approaches to block HIV infection and/or its replication in infected individuals, and to stimulate body's own immune response to HIV."

It dosent look like an absolute cure, but it looks like it definantly can inhibit the reproduction of the virus.

Im not sure how long an HIV virus cell, or particle (not sure what the correct name is) is able to live in the body ,without reproducing itself, but maybe if this mechanism is used for a long enough time, will the HIV die? Or does the cell, or particle live too long to make a difference?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Just a hunch but wonder if it is related to Vinegar?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

sounds to me like they created aids and now they created a way to make a whole hosts of other infections based on the myoeletic and dydritic cells which are probably the cells within cells.i never trust scientist trust me discovering this is not good for humanity the government probably has known for a while and are going to use it as biological warfare.the lesson people need to learn about aids is once you have a partner you are satisfied with stick to that partner once you become infected at least you can die with the ones you love but NOOOO they wanna have sex with everyone isnt that right ANTON you dirty ole goat! ps satan is not a ''figure by which you rebel against the oppressive modern rule makers'' he is the actual fallen angel who decieves everyone my only regret is that you fall for antons deceit when he knows full well that he has deceived everyone for satan.he does not believe that satan is an idea he believes tha real deal buddy you need to get right before you are a lump of coal in hell

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well, at least for me, this is GREAT news, even if it doesn't lead to a cure, we'll probably be able to treat hiv patients well enough to neutralize the development of the disease, and give the patients a chance to fortify their inmune system.
It could also influence treatment for other ailments...
Great post, S&F for you!
edit on 30/6/2011 by drakus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join