It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Significant new ATS Technology Breakthrough

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I had seen this illusion before, it was in an article about optics & perception in Wired. I'll edit this later with the issue number, when I can find it. Very good SO!
I wonder if it could be animated with a plasma effect too. That would be neat!

d1k

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
These optical illusion pictures are a dime a dozen on the net, what exactly is the point of this? Yes I have read all the information given but still do not see the point in this. There is no way this applet can do anything to the picture while you are staring at it because it does not know what you are staring at...this is simply an optical illusion.

ATS and DARPA put some subliminal message in it or something? Something isn't right here. Everyday I distrust more and more the motives of ATS and it�s staff. I have always thought this site is a little too good to be true.

At the very least this proves ATS has some contact and interaction with the goverment and its interests unless this is some kind of joke.

[edit on 10-8-2004 by d1k]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bastet
RIPPED OFF!

Nothing, nada, happens on that page. I feel discriminated against!
As for the circles, none of them spin, no matter which way I look. I feel inferior now too.

Gonna sulk inside my paranoia shell & cry my eyes out.

Don't feel to bad Bastet, I don't see any movement either

I think it all in there heads

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by d1k ATS and DARPA put some subliminal message in it or something?
What does the acronym for the technology spell?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
technology

tech?

[edit on 10-8-2004 by bigtex007]

d1k

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
What does the acronym for the technology spell?

You tell me! lol

*late edit*

For the technology or for DARPA?

[edit on 10-8-2004 by d1k]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Noun 1. DARPA - the central research and development organization for the United States Department of Defense; responsible for developing new surveillance technologies since 9/11
www.thefreedictionary.com...

DARPA To Support Development Of Human Brain-Machine Interfaces
www.sciencedaily.com...

micro-optical-electromechanical displays
www.darpa.mil...

Optical & RF Combined Link Experiment (ORCLE)
www.darpa.mil...

chip-to-chip optical links
www.darpa.mil...

A DARPA-funded project, Transparent Optical Network Consortium (NTONC), to develop an advanced networking research testbed.
www.ntonc.org...

The work is funded by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA).
www.ll.mit.edu...

DARPA optical projects
www.dogpile.com... -/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/DARPA%2Bvisual%2Boptical%2Bprojects

DARPA visual optical projects
www.dogpile.com... /-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/DARPA%2Boptical%2Bprojects

The above sources are not complete, and an individual search may provide more indepth revelations.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Joint Optical Kinesiological Exchange

*snickers*

Ok, this was pretty cool. I am easily amused by such things...

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I thought I posted all the connected links I found, alas it wasn't so...

So here is the chopped link.

With nature�s help, a better vision system for smart weapons
"bio-optics synthetic systems research,"

[edit on 10-8-2004 by ADVISOR]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

Don't feel to bad Bastet, I don't see any movement either

I think it all in there heads

THANK YOU, Sauron! I tried with 2 different browsers as well, so now I want some of whatever the other members here are on.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bastet THANK YOU, Sauron! I tried with 2 different browsers as well, so now I want some of whatever the other members here are on.
It might be your monitor. CRT or LCD? How many inches? How far away are you? Was there someone else in the room? What color is your shirt?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I believe the secret is if you dont see the movement it some how knows your of the gay persuasion(not that theres anything wrong with that)

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I can not link either all I get is the Java and the two pics of the page with the logo nothing else.

And I even turned my firewall off still just the jave logo in the center of the page.

Maybe I am just tired been 6 hours on the road and just got home.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It's a 15 inch LCD, 12 months old, & I'm about 3 feet away from it. No-one else is here, & I've tried it at different resolutions. It's afternoon, & Ive tried it with the blinds drawn too.

Now don't be mean, members, share it out!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Thats amazing Skeptic! The last thing I remember I was staring at that thing with the spinning wheels, and I woke up lying on the floor, and my body is covered with welts and bruises! Simply amazing!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
It was AMAZING!!!!! I stared at the multiple spinning wheels and the next thing I knew I was having an O.B.E. in ACTUAL ORBIT around Terra!

I saw the I.S.S. (it appears as though there is something leaking out of the Canadian Node maybe ought to report it? But would they beleive me?!) and several satellites!

Then I got this awesome view of Bonnie whipping it up in the Gulf de Mexico!

Man we MUST patent this!

Dang WOS! You got beat up? Maybe you should try restraining Spooky next time!

AWESOME!!!!!!! That's all I can say about it! AWESOME!!!!

PEACE...
m...

[edit on 8-10-2004 by Springer]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
DISCLAIMER ATS is not liable for any events that occur while testing the prototype Joint Optical Kinesiological Exchange (Heuristic control of hypertext interfaces through optical feedback systems). It is only to test preliminary technology related to tracking the movements of your eyes, and controlling on-screen motion/reactions. Proper warnings have been provided for those who might be effected by the side effects of the animation.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I saw the I.S.S. (it appears as though there is something leaking out of the Canadian Node maybe ought to report it?

That's probably just "cosmic lager", nothing to worry about.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
That was a cool illusion to see. At first, I did not want to click beyond the preface page, because of the reference to a Governmental agency, DARPA.

I thought, DARPA and ATS working together?

After I did see the illusion, I realize it is a joke.

But...I'll admit ATS still keeps me paranoid, like the April Fools joke that I experienced earlier this year.

EDIT**I'm not too sure about ATS.

[edit on 10-8-2004 by IMMORTAL]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

DISCLAIMER
ATS is not liable for any events that occur while testing the prototype Joint Optical Kinesiological Exchange (Heuristic control of hypertext interfaces through optical feedback systems). It is only to test preliminary technology related to tracking the movements of your eyes, and controlling on-screen motion/reactions. Proper warnings have been provided for those who might be effected by the side effects of the animation.

Heck, I feel like I should have PAID for my trip to the outer limits! This technology is going to put the travel industry OUT OF BUSINESS!

The future is HERE, NOW people! Dim those lights, put on a PURPLE shirt (this is IMPORTANT due to the potential "reflection sine coefficient" that could quite possibly impact the revolutions of the spectrum at this frequency/pixel setting) and GET READY for the experience of your LIFE!

m...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join