It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA On Radiation Alert As Fires Reach 50 Feet From Los Alamos Nuke Plant

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

EPA On Radiation Alert As Fires Reach 50 Feet From Los Alamos Nuke Plant

www.infowars.com

The wildfire that threatens to consume the Los Alamos nuclear lab in New Mexico is now approaching the perimeter of the facility, with the Environmental Protection Agency on radiation alert for the deadly consequences of 20,000 barrels of nuclear waste going up in flames.
Having been miles away from the nuclear lab just yesterday, the fires have now reached to within 50 feet of the facility, with officials fearing a “major calamity” because the nuclear waste is not securely contained
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Things are getting better for the human race and its futur

War,
Flood,
Fire,
Radiation,
Earthquakes,
Volcano,
Huge Tornado

And 2 potential major calamities in the US
that will contaminate the water, the air and the ground in the USA for a long long time
and im not even talking about the Japan radiation in the West

“The concern is that these drums will get so hot that they’ll burst. That would put this toxic material into the plume. It’s a concern for everybody,” said Joni Arends, executive director of the Concerned Citizens for Nuclear Safety, an anti-nuclear group.

The EPA has responded by bringing in “air monitors, along with a special airplane that checks for radiation levels,” reports ABC News.

The 95-square-mile fire has turned the city of Los Alamos into a ghost town, with 12,000 residents evacuating on Monday.

The EPA’s trustworthiness on reassuring Americans that there is no danger from radiation released into the atmosphere is likely to be somewhat lessened by what happened following the Fukushima disaster earlier this year.

Im not reassure by the obvious cover up to avoid panic
they should let people know that they are in real big danger
50 feets from those drums is VERY close
soon they will burst out if they are not moved far from this fire

Interesting time we live in .. some will say ??
not even close .. DANGEROUS TIME
and 2012 is just around the corner ..
coincidence ?? NOT

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6/30/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
What are the odds of 2 nukes site being in the position their are now in
there is heavy chance that radiation will leak from both side after the fire and water

the Los alamos site diserve to be destroyed ..

this is where the hiroshima bomb come from

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
This is no good I have a bunch of friends in the area...including many from Los Alamos. I will be spending tomorrow trying to get the word out about the severity and implications of what may occur. Thanks for bringing this new development to my attention.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
The flood plant been shut down for a long time....

Los Alamos, its an interesting situation.. I cant say i am really worried yet all the same.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RickyD
This is no good I have a bunch of friends in the area...including many from Los Alamos. I will be spending tomorrow trying to get the word out about the severity and implications of what may occur. Thanks for bringing this new development to my attention.

Get the word out to them tomorrow night? Don't you think that may be a little late IF the fire is only 50ft away? :/

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Which site is in bigger risk ?

i think the Los Alamos one
will create bigger problem then the one being threatened by major flood

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ShogunAssassins

They can shut a nuclear power plant down but they still have to maintain minimal power levels to continue cooling the fuel rods. Really, there is no.way to completely shut down a nuke plant until.the fuel.rods.are completely spent.

Oops, forgot to mention, this post in relation to the flooding plant.

Also, I would imagine the barrels at los alamos could heat up enough even if the fire never completely reaches them causing pressure to build, then pop, and you have yourself a nice puddle of radiation. What isn't quickly absorbed by the surrounding ground will probably evaporate into the air along with some of its radioactive counterparts.
edit on 30-6-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSarcasm

How close it has to be to the fire.. to be very dangerous??
50 feets is damn close .. and enought to heat the drums up until they explode

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

officials fearing a “major calamity” because the nuclear waste is not securely contained
This is another sad reminder that we still haven't figured out what to do with nuclear waste.

It's just piling up, and now causing danger.

I started to realize just how dangerous it was when the waste fuel at Fukushima seems to have major problems.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
So is there a water bombers union strike happening now or something?

The only reason fire would get that close to explode the barrels is if they wanted it too.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Great Day

The only reason fire would get that close to explode the barrels is if they wanted it too.

You are probably right on that
Depopulation earth protocol has been activated by the NWO

isn't obvious yet ?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by The Great Day

You are probably right on that
Depopulation earth protocol has been activated by the NWO

isn't obvious yet ?

Painfully obvious, you would think if that storage facility was at risk of being engulfed in a forest fire every nations
water bombers would be called.

They only call in help from other countries if precious resources($$$$) are at risk...like lumber.
edit on 30-6-2011 by The Great Day because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

This was my first thought after reading about the 50 feet! Also, three nuclear problems/crisis in 4 Month, thats definitly outstanding...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Im just wondering why those drums cant be moved elsewhere in a safer place
why would they let the fire come so close to the most dangerous stuff on earth

if the drums explode because of the fire .. all the ground,water & animals will get deadly radiations
what did they do ? yet to prevent that of happening ..

Every planes and helicopter transporting water should concentrated their effort on the Los Alamos site
to avoid fire gaining ground on the nuke site

edit on 6/30/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
What I found interesting is people talking about predictive programing with Steve Jackson's Iluminati card game. He was suppose to work on the game Fallout but the deal fell through. If you guys ever played Fallout 3, some of the content is down right spooky compaired to real life events. One is instead of the Soviet Union, they use the Red China army. Maybe the game is predictive programing to live in a world covered in raditation. First it was Japan and now two areas in the US, all within 6 months of each other. I wonder what the odds are of 3 nuclear disasters, all in one year. Outside of nuclear war, I don't think anyone could have forseen these events. Just my 2 cents on the topic.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I totally agree.
There is no excuse for this potential disaster to unfold.....

edit on 30-6-2011 by The Great Day because: added potential...cause it has not happened yet.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

as you can see, they´re just saying everything is ok.... Wonder if their heads roll when it all comes up (in assumption they´re lying to us)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

I agree .. i actually loved fallout 3
with his huge toxic wasteland
the game was maybe released so we can practice our survival skills lol
animals will mutate for sure because of all that radiations
they will loose their fur and other will suffer heavy diformities
humans to

imagine if we become all ghouls like in the game

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by verschickter

This was my first thought after reading about the 50 feet! Also, three nuclear problems/crisis in 4 Month, thats definitly outstanding...

Actually, it's at least 7 nuclear crises in 3 1/2 months (not even including the existence of multiple reactors at individual sites)

- Fukushima Daiichi
- Fukushima Daini
- Monju
- some plant in the US I can't remember, but had an incident & release some time after Fukushima
- Ft. Calhoun
- Cooper
- Los Alamos

Not to mention the data showing that 75% of US plants are leaking lots of tritium (surprise surprise.)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join