It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Build (almost)anything out of an automobile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
i started an asnine thread earlier. i want to talk about how you can take a car use the parts inside to build survival things for a protracted emergency situation lasting over a year where you have to leave civilization. I humbly put forth the idea that a car or truck contains billions of dollars of technology and the resources of a large country spanning 100 years.
There are five main resources on a car that are extremely usefull
Tires,
alternator
engine block
body
cylinder heads(if aluminum)
and computer

WHy do I say that the modern automobile has billions of dollars of technolgy in it? It takes the resources of a large city to smelt the steel, machine the engine, build computer chips to run the motor and etc.

First off I would like to tell the ATS members that a 250hp car is actually a 200kw generator. Generator heads are at scrap metal prices all you have to do is build a contraption that can couple the engine power to the shaft of the generator. You can also try to aquire 100 alternators and have them run in series and remove the diode from each of them to get 3 phase electricity. A few drawbacks would be that automobile engines make peak horsepower at 5000rpm instead of the 3600rpm that generator heads usually run at.

The engine block itself is a finely tuned piece of machined surfaces.
opensourcemachine.org...
This site shows how you can turn an engine block into a lathe. A lathe can be used to build all sorts of other machine equipment such as mills or sheet metal benders or even be able to make pulleys. with a fully furnished machine shop you are better equipped than 99.9% of all survivalists. most don;t understand that in a long protracted serious TSHTF situation you will be cut off from civilization for a very long time. With a lathe the sky is the limit for ingenuity ad repair skills. Plus you have cylinder head which are made of aluminum . Aluminum can be melted down and cast into many shapes provided that you have sand and a wood box.
www.hyinvestmentcasting.com...

You can use the machine shop to build any sort of machine and even guns and cannons.

the body can be pressed or hammered into flat sheets which are then heat treated so that you can build such things as distillation apparati.or even better yet use a running automobile as a mobile moonshine distillery. People forget that over 40kw of waste heat are generated at idle this heat can be used to boil off liquor from fermentation. You will need a cooling stack 20 feet tall to make 90 proof.

The tires can be melted in roaster you built out of the sheetmetal of evacuated by the vacuum pump you built to make fuel or biodiesel.

Feel free to add ideas

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pellian

Ok wait, your starting a new thread?

I put forth a challenge to you, a serious one, not a smart comment.
Did you get a chance to read it? it seems to be in keeping with what you are saying here.

AHHH never mind I got your message, sorry.

edit on 30-6-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
What is wrong with you guys. There is already alot of weird paranoid people out there that think they are going to get away from the antichrist if they go hide in a field or in a national park somewhere. I really do wish you would stop spreading this mentality around. Why don't people just stay where they are, and do all this stuff there.

Please stop encouraging people to go to the middle of nowhere and take their car apart. Then when the antichrist gets in his jeep and shows up in your campsite you wont be able to run.

Plsease invent something else with your genious IQ cause I don't think going deep into the country and dismanting their only transportation is going to work for anumber of reasons. What if they need to escape something?

I would like you to adress that issue before you proceed with this nonsense of yours. Ita a bad bad idea.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Also you need to tell us how to make it all operate off of human feces so we don't start fuel wars in this post apocolyptic world. (No plants, we don't need non farmers out there destroying crops wrecklessly) plants are a source of life and medicine if your survivng.

Now if you can do that and not have people take off the tires I might buy into this.
edit on 30-6-2011 by siren8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Oops, a double start up. Please continue the discussion here

Thread Closed.

top topics

join