It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michio Kaku: Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power Plant - "Fukushima In Slow Motion"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Also, Can someone please tell me how I'm supposed to just chalk all the nuclear catastrophe's or the possibility of cotastrophe to coincedence? Ever see those donimoes in a line that fall when the first one is tipped over. Remember they had to be stacked first!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Dr Kaku is one of the go to guys, the networks conacts to cover the various specialty events taking place in the world.
Hes personable, andable to connect with the average guy in orderto convey technical information.
I do respect his unflinching presentation of the facts as they are indicated rather than softpedalling the worst over time to the masses.He just simply elucidates the reality of the situations.
Common sense will tell you that fukishima is perhaps in the long run, going to be the worst source of radioactive contamination the world has yet seen.Any fool can see years of sprewing radioactive particles will have a buildup effect that cant help effect every person now living on the west coast of the North American continent.
How far east it goes remains to be seen, but i suspect that the contamination will end up world wide because of the jet stream winds which circle the globe.
If the radioactive particles that are falling contain Iodine, then they have only taken three days or less to travel from fukishima.Many readers are too young to remember the Strontium 90 fallout that was detected in cows milk during the years of above ground nuke tests.It was this fact that killed the testing of weapons etc in the western world.
Children, are most at risk, and they cannot even protect themselves from what their foolish parents are up to.
Born in 1946, ive grown up watching the proliferation of nuclear power.As a child i questioned the inevitable growing piles of nuclear waste that would result from this.Nobody ever gave me an answer that made me comfortable.....
Now here we aare with mountains of this stuff to keep cool and store for centuries and more.Plus the fact that it can still blow up andcontaminate large tracts of nessessary land.Aswell as to kill off large portions of the populace.!I am still shaking my head....WTF?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I liked kaku until he pushed the idea of the missile off the coast being a plane. Also, he defines anyone not supporting he nwo structure as an "obvious terrorist". He sold out and that is a goddamned shame.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Kaku has no credibility. Fear-mongered teh Fukushima incident like crazy. Screw him.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Hey... He constantly on Discovery and history channel in different worm hole episodes....etc.....That is credibility to the max. I cannot believe you would think our media is all about book promotions. Look at Glenn Beck he nor his guest ever promote books. I am saying this as a jab at our media every talking head out there is trying to sell a book, and because they wrote a book now they are experts in everything. I just think they a sperts and not experts. Love Ya ...in a joking manner. I have however recently wrote a book if you would like to purchase it......

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
More excellent news for our future heath ..lol

Published June 29, 2011
FoxNews.com
www.foxnews.com...

"Thanks to the jet stream air currents that flow across the Pacific Ocean, the U.S. is receiving a steady flow of radiation from Fukushima Daichi. And while many scientists say that the levels of contamination in food pose no significant threat to health, scientists are unable to establish any actual safe limit for radiation in food. Detection of radioactive iodine 131, which degrades rapidly, in California milk samples shows that the fallout from Japan is reaching the U.S. quickly."

"Milk, fruits and vegetables show trace amounts of radioactive isotopes from the Fukushima Daichi power plants, and the media appears to be paying scant attention, if any attention at all. It is as if the problem only involves Japan, not the vast Pacific Ocean, into which highly radioactive water has poured by the dozens of tons, and not into air currents and rainwater that carry radiation to U.S. soil and to the rest of the world."

"Radiation tests conducted since the nuclear disaster in Japan have detected radioactive iodine and cesium in milk and vegetables produced in California. According to tests conducted by scientists at the UC Berkeley Department of Nuclear Engineering, milk from grass fed cows in Sonoma County was contaminated with cesium 137 and cesium 134. Milk sold in Arizona, Arkansas, Hawaii, Vermont and Washington has also tested positive for radiation since the accident."

"Additionally, drinking water tested in some U.S. municipalities also shows radioactive contamination. Is the fallout from Fukushima Daichi falling on us? Yes, it is."

“Children are much more susceptible to the effects of radiation and stand a much greater chance of developing cancer than adults,” states Andrew Kanter, MD, president of PSR’s board. “So it is particularly dangerous when they consume radioactive food or water.”

www.abovetopsecret.com...
This thread is hidden, no one can't see so i post here ..

More news ..
Radioactive substances detected in children's urine city is located 60 kilometres north-west of the Fukushima
www.monstersandcritics.com...
ed it on 30-6-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
All of these disasters have a pattern. Soon more people will get it. They'll understand that time is growing short to decide to change. God is allowing all this to happen because we threw Him out of our lives and thought we could do better than He. So this is merely the result of our pride. We are fending for ourselves now. Fires, floods, volcanoes, earthquakes, economic woes, tsunamis, wars, droughts, and nuclear disasters. It's all part of a pattern.

And it's going to get steadily worse so stay tuned.

Mock me and deny what I say if you wish. It changes nothing, and soon everyone will start to get it. Some will turn to God and still others will continue to resist Him. That's what it's all about. Two people come out of the storm, the one who turns to God, and the one who turns away from God.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Dalke07

Thanks for Fox News link. Really spells it out what voters have to do! Take action!

you can call, write and email your congressperson, your senator, and any other elected officials in your district, ask them to push for testing of foods and water in your area, and tell them to take the threat of global nuclear fallout seriously. ... This is a time to speak out, and to put pressure on policy makers. Clearly, it’s far better to be politically active now than radioactive tomorrow.

Growing up in the 1950-60s, I was exposed via tv, that (back then) most powerful recent means of mass communication/indoctrination, to information re nuclear power. Nuclear power was proclaimed to be so cheap as to be almost "free", said in a voice that was giddy with delight. The atom was portrayed as either a friendly (safe) cartoon-like character or simply illustrated so that anyone should understand how simple (problem free) it was,

The nuclear plant structure looked futuristic, and no dense, hellish smoke would belch from it as would from conventional power plants. The invisible hellish particles that could spew from the nuclear plant was downplayed.

While the California Diablo Canyon np plant was made the immediate focus of possible nuclear catastrophe after Fukushima, no mention was made of the np plants NOT BUILT or DECOMMISSIONED in Calif due to public outcry. Back in the 1960-70s grassroots protest made this possible.

After 1980, with a president elected on a father-knows-best image, who would falsely exclaim, "All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk." (RR 2-80), public outcry would be directed to God, guns, gays, and abortion, social wedge issues, and away from issues that negatively affected corporations. (A new trumped up wedge issue now is "The Constitution".)

"...put pressure on policy makers....politically active now than radioactive tomorrow." And don't do it with help from an astro-turf nuclear power industry front group! This is a call for COLLECTIVE ACTION independent of corporations and the politicians they control!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I love kaku's views on string theory and quantum physics on the discovery channel. I don't like the persona kaku adopts when he appears on "news" outlets. What is he doing talking about his so-called "war on terror" and promoting the nwo while covering up for the military industrial complex. Theories and quantum science is one thing, but getting political and drawing lines is jumping head first into a trash bin where no credibility should exist.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Snoopy1978 because: iPod touch autocomplete unruliness.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Dr Kaku is one of the go to guys, the networks conacts to cover the various specialty events taking place in the world.
Hes personable, andable to connect with the average guy in orderto convey technical information.
I do respect his unflinching presentation of the facts as they are indicated rather than softpedalling the worst over time to the masses.He just simply elucidates the reality of the situations.
Common sense will tell you that fukishima is perhaps in the long run, going to be the worst source of radioactive contamination the world has yet seen.Any fool can see years of sprewing radioactive particles will have a buildup effect that cant help effect every person now living on the west coast of the North American continent.
How far east it goes remains to be seen, but i suspect that the contamination will end up world wide because of the jet stream winds which circle the globe.
If the radioactive particles that are falling contain Iodine, then they have only taken three days or less to travel from fukishima.Many readers are too young to remember the Strontium 90 fallout that was detected in cows milk during the years of above ground nuke tests.It was this fact that killed the testing of weapons etc in the western world.
Children, are most at risk, and they cannot even protect themselves from what their foolish parents are up to.
Born in 1946, ive grown up watching the proliferation of nuclear power.As a child i questioned the inevitable growing piles of nuclear waste that would result from this.Nobody ever gave me an answer that made me comfortable.....
Now here we aare with mountains of this stuff to keep cool and store for centuries and more.Plus the fact that it can still blow up andcontaminate large tracts of nessessary land.Aswell as to kill off large portions of the populace.!I am still shaking my head....WTF?

My dad was born in 1943-44. Barely touched a computer. Not all old(er) people are equal!

No disrespect. Just making a mental note to myself.
edit on 10-7-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Like someone else here said, Kaku is the go-to man for media giants. He's also a vocal anti-nuclear spokesperson. I'm not sure he's ANTI-nuclear, but he's definitely been associated with people like that and the media always seems to turn to him for issues like this. I don't know how much of this is just the media bothering him for a response and how much is just his own prejudice(s). He does know a lot about the subject, though. I think he's a professor of physics.

Have you see him skate on ice? He's real good!
edit on 10-7-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join