It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darkness Aboard The ISS - Something Strange

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peloquin
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

Ok, I just watched your vid at the 6:55 mark, and I saw something that looked more like a beam than a lightning... and, indeed, all those different colors. hm... maybe they are really not sprites. But I'm no expert to be able to deliver a satisfying explanation. Of course your video is quite interesting! So thanks for the work you've done!!!
edit on 30/6/11 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

Thanks for watching. I've done a little more research into this and the only thing I can think of that might explain this is to find out how high the ISS is above the earth, and how high these sprites occur above the earth. Here is what I have found:

On average the space station is 115-400 miles above the earth (see here for more details www.spacetoday.org...). According to the research it appears that these sprites occur as high as 90 miles above the earth, with Blue jets occurring at 25 to 30 miles above the earth. The Gigantic Jets occur at 43 miles above the earth and the Elves occur at 60 miles above the earth. Based on that it would seem that sprites might not be the answer. However, if the space station does go below the 90 mile mark then I guess that would explain it. The problem is that there is no way to tell how high the station is just from watching live feeds. But through my observations when I recorded this it appears to me that the ISS is alot higher than 90 miles.

I think the mysteries continues.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
There is a live show on right now: www.nasa.gov...www.nasa.gov... but hurry.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
You guys are missing some good stuff, I just recorded 22mins (the good stuff in the last 6min or so when the lights come back on.) of these guys watching something that is clearly not of this world. If anyone would like to view just let me know.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

Of course I'd like to watch that!!!

The unknown, surprising never announces itself. It always comes suddenly. So if we don't watch those livefeeds, we will never know, if not one day those endless routines of working on the space station might get interrupted by a strange incidence that could result in remarkable consequences.

Edit: Just found your other thread, going to watch it now!
edit on 1/7/11 by Peloquin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Last night I captured another segment of the strange flashes around the ISS with the lights off. These flashes are alot larger and some of them even pause for longer than normal, some even streak across the entire screen. I was also able to capture a red streak right in front of the ISS while the lights were on at about the 8:12 mark, there is a playback so that you can see it up close. I wish I knew what these really were. Anyway, Enjoy and let's see if we can solve this.

edit on 1-7-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I saw that red streak at the 8.12 mark, and remembering what I've read about the "sprites" I wonder if it was a "big red sprite" as shown in the picture below:

upload.wikimedia.org...

The question is, how often do those sprites occur? Might be difficult to answer that question, because those sprites always seem to last just milliseconds, so it's not easy to detect them.

Watching your vids and those of other people, I think it must be great being an astronaut and watch those "fireworks" in orbit.

I think I can understand, being up there changes your perception of the world in more than one way.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peloquin
I saw that red streak at the 8.12 mark, and remembering what I've read about the "sprites" I wonder if it was a "big red sprite" as shown in the picture below:

upload.wikimedia.org...

The question is, how often do those sprites occur? Might be difficult to answer that question, because those sprites always seem to last just milliseconds, so it's not easy to detect them.

Watching your vids and those of other people, I think it must be great being an astronaut and watch those "fireworks" in orbit.

I think I can understand, being up there changes your perception of the world in more than one way.

I don't know man, I still think that is just to close, of course knowing the exact distance is impossible, but that thing appears to either be right on top, or at a far distance but just very big. I can't really come with a good answer to tell the truth.

I'm going telescope shopping today, I want to see if is possible to capture something similar from earth.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Yeah, without knowing exact data about the distance, it's really difficult to make estimates of it's size.

But buying a telescope is a pretty cool thing!
I wish I had the money to buy one myself. Have fun with it! And keep us informed, when you find something odd!!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Down Under

i watched that 3 times and i have to agree with you. just city lights and clouds.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Realtruthseeker,

Please review the following video from 'secretnasaman', Martyn Stubbs, which describes his discovery of this phenomena completely. There are 12 videos in the entire interview although this one is just a 3 minute segment from one of them in which he explains how he found them and what, as a tv editor, he did to follow it up by presenting his evidence to experts

I first noticed this on sts125 and have been fascinated by it ever since
A still shot that I screen captured from STS125

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lkpuede
reply to post by Bob Down Under

i watched that 3 times and i have to agree with you. just city lights and clouds.

Not city lights or clouds.......the phenomena being discussed by the astronauts and clearly shown near the hatch

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Following on from the 1st video I posted above, I've found the entire Martyn Stubbs interview on one combined video shown below that gives you more background info on both him and the phenomena that you've been recording on the ISS. Because these lights have been seen on so many different recordings, including your own on the ISS and one that I have personally captured on a live feed from STS125, it has, in my opinion, the most robust evidence of 'something' that is not of this world that I have ever seen anywhere

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by StvUK
Following on from the 1st video I posted above, I've found the entire Martyn Stubbs interview on one combined video shown below that gives you more background info on both him and the phenomena that you've been recording on the ISS. Because these lights have been seen on so many different recordings, including your own on the ISS and one that I have personally captured on a live feed from STS125, it has, in my opinion, the most robust evidence of 'something' that is not of this world that I have ever seen anywhere.

Awesome research. I was looking everywhere for the whole video, thanks for finding it and posting. I have to agree with you, what ever these things are they are not from earth and the speed is incredible, took me awhile just to pause the close up of the red streak. I'm talking to a guy on another forum who specializes in sprite study, I'm not sure if he a agrees or disagrees, but I'll be talking again with him later. I'm gonna check out this video. Thanks again, this is clearly worth further study.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Very cool, great find!

Will be watching for further developments myself!

S & F

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by StvUK
Following on from the 1st video I posted above, I've found the entire Martyn Stubbs interview on one combined video shown below that gives you more background info on both him and the phenomena that you've been recording on the ISS. Because these lights have been seen on so many different recordings, including your own on the ISS and one that I have personally captured on a live feed from STS125, it has, in my opinion, the most robust evidence of 'something' that is not of this world that I have ever seen anywhere

Great interview. For me this the ultimate smoking gun, there is just too much evidence to support that what is being seen on these feeds are not of this world, that alone calls for a deeper investigation. What I don't understand is why there are only few people who have caught on to this.

I really like what he said about NASA making no effort to block this stuff, and the fact that it appears that they want us to see these things. Challenging us to watch the feeds and see for our self is a pretty nice challenge from NASA, and I see why, a billions brains are better than a 100. I have alot more respect for NASA now because of this.

After re watching some of my vids I can clearly see a few blinks of light here and there which I know are not part of the ISS, but they are no where near a good as what he has recorded. I'll be on the lookout for these now. Again thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

I really like what he said about NASA making no effort to block this stuff,

If you've been watching the live feed then you'll understand when I say that there's no way that they could block this stuff.........absolutely incredible light show, almost as if the ISS is being showered in a kaleidoscope

I'd urge anyone who gets the chance to log into nasa tv, particularly when the sun goes beyond the horizon, to do so.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join