It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New age of digital deception

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
First off i did a search didn't find this video anywhere i thought it was cool and a neat way to show people just how far digital deception has come.
After watching this i watch movies in a whole new way heh. By using this technology you can almost recreate or just create any scenario you want . The real question is does the media use this at all or even our government would be an easy way to create a false flag operation maybe with paid informants to claim they seen with there own eye's something that was just created in a movie studio hmm maybe or maybe not interesting and cool at the same time IMO. enjoy

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Another video showing some crazy 3D effects makes ya wonder sometimes.
messes with your mind a bit doesn't it.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Thats how the Virgin Mobile hellicopter always shows up everywhere the illuminati goes. Good point I think your on to something.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Godhood

Yes that's cool. The TV show "Sanctuary" is mostly green-screen production, I think.

One clue: if you see someone wearing green clothes, then what you're seeing probably isn't green screen because the clothes would mess it up. I guess they must switch to blue screen when St Patricks day is involved?

Of course the media uses this technology and has done so for decades...specifically, the weather segment.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Being the total science and technology technophobe that I am, that video footage I found most interesting. If you had never posted that video I would never have realised the truth behind the filming of particular films and TV shows etc.

I suppose I always take it for granted that the locations shown within a piece of film footage is the place where the actors actually are. I know that that is the point behind it all and the reason to use such technology, but I find it quite astonishing. I suppose the days of film companies having to rent out large portions of say, New York or London, for example, for a days shoot are a thing of the past.

So basically you can be anywhere in the world. but never really have to go anywhere...

Not surprising that we don't know what is real or not anymore, is it? Even when watching a news clip of anything that is supposedly going on in the world, are we really sure that what we are seeing is legitimate?

Am I really who I think I am? Am I really here?

Wow.....................

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Yeah this kind of technology has been around for over 10 years now, not that it makes it any less cool but still those original star wars films were using all Green and Blue screen technology to Chroma key out the backgrounds. And those films were out way back in the 80's.

Now-a-Days, you don't even need to chroma key out stuff using a Blue or Green screen. As long as the camer moves in the exact same motion both times, and the subject is at the correct position in both situations, you can do image blends where everything but the actor is removed from the scenes and if you watch the making of the film "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", they use a camera technique that does this stuff live - on the fly. I mean heck now days as stated above with the use of 3d cameras, and hi-res 3d modeling software, it's impossible to tell the difference between real and fake in digital media.

Unless you are able to access the metadata that's at the header of the video file. All images contain this same metadata and sometimes it's facinating what you will find out when you go through it. It usually tells you what camera was used to take a photo and the shutter speed, exposure settings etc.. AND if it has been edited, it will tell you the software used to edit the photo.

This of cause assumes that the person that created the file and edited it, isn't aware that you are able to modify metadata or read it and adjust it .. so usually it's a good way to tell for authenticity but again it's not 100% foolproof. Same goes for video files AFAIK (as far as I know), tho I'll be honest, I have never tried looking inside of a video file's metadata but am kinda keen to take a peek at some now.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The weatherman stands in front of a green screen, but that doesn't prove that it isn't in fact raining outside.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
The weatherman stands in front of a green screen, but that doesn't prove that it isn't in fact raining outside.
True.. It's like taking that age old film technique called Junxtaposition to a whole new level though. *junxtaposition* is basically an old technique used for the purposes of propaganda *usually but not always^

long story short.. it uses the concept that : i for example.. you have 3 clips of footage

Girl in a park running around
Soccer Ball
Man standing around in a park

Play the footage so it shows the girl then the ball then the girl then the ball then the man then the girl .. ball .. girl.. ball

you will assume that the man is watching the girl playing soccer.. perhaps it's her dad who knows

play the footage so it shows the girl.. then cut to the man then the girl then the man .. then finally a quick shot of the ball..

you will assume that the girl is being watched by some kind of child pervert and then seeing the ball on it's own .. perhaps he has taken the girl and now her toy is left empty in the park.. etc

basicallly by showing a weatherman with say rain behind them.. it doesn't mean that there is any actual connection between the man and that rain in reality.. but it's only natural for the viewer to establish that there must be some kind of relationship there.

if you watch a lot of films.. you will notice these odd cut0away shots of things like a gun on the floor.. or an odd painting on the wall..

this is no accident and you can almost always guarantee that those items will be of importance later on in the film..

top topics

join