It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cash-strapped Libya rebels call for loans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
AFP Cash strapped Libya

With no money to pay for salaries or imports, Mazen Ramadan, an economic advisor to the National Transitional Council (NTC), said a solution must be found to tap cash abroad, including the more than $30 billion frozen in the United States alone.

He said salaries for past month had not yet been paid and that power shortages in the east of the country were being caused by the lack of funds.

And Heres a Flashback

Libya's Rebel Central Bank Chief Details His Plans For Life Without Qaddaf

Flashback

I asked Sherif if his piggy bank was completely empty, if he's a Central Banker with nothing in the bank. He said that as a baseline, they found $1 billion of bullion in Benghazi dating from 1964 - a stash in that branch of the Central Bank, from the days of the gold standard and the Libyan monarchy. That leaves a $2 billion shortfall in the operating budget the TNC has set out for the next six months.

The Chief Mentions Projects

'But some of these projects are not economically feasible...they were just projects [to curry] political favour.' Sherif's proposed divestment would mean a eco-strategic realignment - under the Qaddafi regime, cash grants and major investments were guided by geopolitics, a way to build favor and wield clout across Africa.

A Feb17 Source

“We are living our life business as usual, or almost business as usual. Things are available, people are getting their salaries, you go to shops and they are open,” he said. “If the international community doesn’t facilitate access to our frozen money we may go into crisis, but up to now we are fine.”

Well there you have it, after the war if it will be war, Free Libya will be a capitalist safe haven, and off course you can expect John McCain and Kerry again to Open Libyan Stock Market.

The elites want libya to be a capitalist controlled state just as the same egypt is now.

So how is that freedom eh been controlled by the Corporate Locusts ?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
S+F this is a very important piece of news.

It's ALL about the loan, the IMF will loan the rebels money, to be repaid when they assume power. What surety are the rebels putting forward? The civilian population and infrastructure. They are borrowing money for weapons and ammunition based on the future earnings of what they can win by conquest.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
So who are they calling Barack Obama?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Call me a meathed ,
But,,,,,,,, i wouldn't be lending anyone money that wll be dead in a week and cant pay me back.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a bit off topic but on topic on libya.

Is it just me or i am noticing alot of east Libyan rebels youtube users spreading propaganda on youtube?

There is this person called himself Libyan National Army, age 22 Benghazi claims to be showing videos of rebels fighting or apparently showing them firing into the skies, but the user did upload a video showing Misurata full in control by the rebels the video it shows apparently a busy highway or road full of rebel soldiers.

What it seemed to me a a staged ICC Warrant cheering.

Just be careful on youtube with these apparent east libyan rebels disnfo agents.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Hilarious!

The Muslim Brotherhood 'rebels' now want to ditch Haraam and pay Riba?

Are those NATO drones in the no fly zone? No! They are flying pigs!

Quick, call the Saudi's.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Lets see, if(big if because the West is about to experience what a power shift really is) the rebels win this, then they are indebted before they are even a government.

Which countries lacked a CENTRAL BANK operated by Western moguls again? Oh I see...

new topics

top topics

join