It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Nature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
"Humans are creatures of habit." This quote doesn't necessarily describe our true nature of humans. In your own opinion, what is the true nature of humans?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I think it is put into people through environment, a lot of it. Which is why I am interested to see how that pre-school thing turns out where they don't use gender words at all.

However, I do believe that there are some fundamental flaws that even that won't take care of.

I was going to make another post on that however.

I don't know what to believe about humasn nature. I don't think I am or ever have been on the same page as most of them to know what they are thinking half the time.

I do believe that the majority are highly assumptive. And judgemental.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
To answer your question in the most truthful way possible, there is no single "human nature" because there is no real humanity. "Humanity" is an ideological construct which implies a unification which does not exist at any level beyond possibly a biological level. Simply put, there are many different human-types (based on unique combinations of sociocultural programming and biological inheritance), and each human-type has different essential characteristics in all facets of existence.

But, if we are talking about the Mass Human, the kind of person most likely to be met on the street, the grocery store, or anyplace common in nature, I would suggest that the four key terms describing the essential nature of the Mass Human are "domination/submission", "deceitful", "brainwashed", and "ignorant".

Mass Humans are mostly just interested in taking whatever they can take from whomever can be taken from, and submitting to anyone who is perceived to be stronger. Mass Humans are constantly deceiving themselves and others to try to get what they want. Mass Humans are for the most part unaware that they have been brainwashed to act as automatons in the service of the Dominus Humans. Mass Humans are ignorant of many things for many reasons.
edit on 29-6-2011 by IAmAnAlien because: Grammatical error...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by IAmAnAlien

You overlooked one simple aspect. We are human BEINGS for a reason.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The reason we are human "beings" is because we have been convinced that we are a unified group of a single type. I don't think that we really are. But, please, explain what you mean further...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by IAmAnAlien

I do believe we are not individual. I believe we are one. Human nature is to precieve, and to just exist in our own minds. That's what I believe.

top topics

join