It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turmoil in Syria may spill out into war for Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Israel has allegedly sent a message to Syrian President Bashar Assad in recent days, warning him that if he starts a war with the Jewish state in order to divert attention from domestic problems, Israel will target him personally. According to a report by Kuwaiti newspaper Al-Jarida, the personal warning was sent through Turkey and follows reports of unusual troop movements in Syria, including the relocation of ballistic missiles able to reach Israel. Israeli experts speculate Assad could go on the offensive to divert international attention from internal unrest. Another theory is that an attack could be staged by Assad's long-time allies Hezbollah from Lebanon. In response Israel has deployed new missile defense systems near its border with Lebanon. It follows reports that Hezbollah could be moving its weaponry, stationed in volatile Syria, back to Lebanon. Some fear that Syrian turmoil may destabilize the whole of the region. Things are quiet on the Israel-Lebanon border. But many suspect it is a lull before the storm. Everything hinging on what happens in neighboring Syria and what Hezbollah decides to do with its stockpiles there. “Any opposition group that might take over in Syria will definitely consider Hezbollah as an enemy, as a threat. So for Hezbollah the most logical thing to do is to transfer the weapons they put in Syria into Lebanon,” Eyal Zisser, Professor at Tel Aviv University believes.

rt.com...

Recently an ATS member posted a comment saying that Israel has moved missile defence shields to Northern Israel, near the border with Lebanon. One can put two and two together to realise that the current situation in Syria is it's reason for doing so. Assad seems to be in a rather precurious situation, he has a stronger state then Libya, but he may see this as a possible option for retaining power in Syria. I will be following the next few weeks closely to see if there are any new developments. I hope this will not materialize into another Arab-Israeli war and I hope that the people of Syria do not buy into any attempts Assad makes, to retain power if they take such a form.
edit on 29-6-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Jeez, how paranoid is Israel?
Syria isn't going to attack Israel. That's absurd. If Syria attacks Israel in the coming days, it's probably a false flag staged by Israel.
Why would a country attack Israel to make people stop paying attention to them? That's insane that Israel even thought of that.

You know, after hearing Glenn Beck say "We have to support Israel no matter what" today, I'm starting to think that a false flag is being prepared....

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I agree that all the unrest in the Middle East, including Syria, will spill into full fledged war with Israel. I am shocked how there can be such civil unrest but the government can still be intact enough to make major military advancements. Maybe the unrest is over-inflated and this massive military staging is taking place. There is another post regarding the War of Gog and Magog. Syria was specifically mention as the two cities to be destroyed during the great war will be Damascus (Syria) and Jerusalem (Israel). I am waiting anxiously for new developments because I know they are coming.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

No, Syria is not planning on attacking Israel to divert international attention from them, rather domestic attention. If Assad manages to paint an anti-Zionist image and somehow relate the civil strife to a Western or Jewish conspiracy, then he could possibly win the support of most Syrians. This is a possibility, although I see this as a last resort. Maybe Syria could use Hezb' allah, to fight a proxy war to stir up Arab nationalism, and divert the attention from his regime to Israel. This is what some call the old "divide and conquer technique". It is a possibility although I have my doubts. The strength of the Syrian state should make this a last ditch attempt.

UPDATE: New US sanctions on Syria, Iran

The United States has slapped sanctions on a Syrian police unit and Iran's national police for providing support to the Syrian regime. One of the four major branches of Syria's security forces, the Syrian Political Security Directorate, was designated for engaging in the commission of human rights abuses in Syria.

www.hindustantimes.com...
edit on 29-6-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

No, "Israeli experts speculate Assad could go on the offensive to divert international attention from internal unrest."

edit on 30-6-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I think you messed up your title.

It's supposed to be "Israel caused turmoil in Syria and wants to start a war".

There we go, that's it.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I honestly don't see how attacking Israel will divert international attention from Syria, unless they manage to provoke Israel into launching a brutal attack (and we all know Israel launched those brutal attacks), causing international condemntation of Israel.

However attacking Israel or provoking war with Israel to divert internal attention from the regime, would make far more sense and be far more logical: Just my opinion.

@Jeanius, my title is copied and pasted from the source article.
edit on 30-6-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

It does make sence though. There is no better way to unite your people then to be in a war with someone everyone hates. "An enemy of my enemy is my friend"

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Turmoil in Syria may spill out into war for Israel

Maybe it's exaclly what it was planned to happen, coincidences are often clues of secret procedures with a very specific goal. i think israel could really the trigger used to spark WW3

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

“No, Syria is not planning on attacking Israel to divert international attention from them, rather domestic attention. If Assad manages to paint an anti-Zionist image and somehow relate the civil strife to a Western or Jewish conspiracy, then he could possibly win the support of most Syrians. This is a possibility, although I see this as a last resort. Maybe Syria could use Hezb' allah, to fight a proxy war to stir up Arab nationalism, and divert the attention from his regime to Israel.”

for once I agree with this assessment.
But your OP is inaccurate. Israel deployed its Iron-Dome defence system in the Haifa vicinity, NOT Lebanon, and for a very good reason. Haifa area is home to refineries and chemical industry complex, containing extremely dangerous materials. Any hit to one of these infrastructures, would result the death of tens to hundreds of thousands.

join