It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the elites trying to intentionally get everyone mad at them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Maybe I'm being paranoid but do you ever think that the elites in Washington are trying to get people mad at them so we think that nothing can ever change and they want to hurt our spirits? Two things made me really disgusted today. One of them was seeing John Mccain and John Kerry working together on Libya, the other, seeing members of congress working together to push a bill that was promoted by Barack Obama which would effectively make many forms of streaming illegal (shoryuken.com...). I personally think there's some sort of hidden agenda here. I personally believe that they might think they're doing a good job, but, I haven't been this pissed off about politics in a long time. I think the elites are doing it intentionally. There's no way they could be doing this bad of a job by accident.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

If you are just beginning to believe that there might be an agenda at hand you have a lot of catrching up to do. They are most definitely attempting and preparing to start something by getting the citizens fired up. I am sure they are begining to wonder what its going to take. Until then they are smart enough to take anything away from us that we are dumb enough to give them.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
wait i thought you were gonna talk about elites, but all i see is politicians mentioned.

no elites there, pay no mind to the underlings

better go find whos pulling their strings

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

I've always known there was an agenda of some sort. It's just taken me more time to figure it out on my own what it was. I've seen documentaries from conspiracy theorists like Jesse Ventura and Alex Jones and I've watched interviews from all sorts of CTers, but, it's taken me some time for me to come to my own conclusions about things. Now I'm at the stage where I'm trying to take in the truth about what the CTers say, what the cynics say, what the people on the MSM say, and my own personal view. But yes, I'll agree that there certainly are agendas.

reply to post by AnotherYOU

Ooh, I know all about the people that are pulling their strings. It's just that in my mind you don't even need to pay attention necessarily to who is pulling the strings because you can tell what they want based on what the politicians are doing. They are the ones who are controlling their actions and hence why they're doing what they're doing, but, it just seems that it's happening right now at a much faster pace than usual.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Reply to post by AnotherYOU

and yes, their sole purpose is to get us mad, wich means we are still feeding them atention.
instead of movin on to things of greater importance.

i for one stopped getting mad at politicians.

instead i love them for the laughs and entertainment they provide me.

politics is pretty much like wrestling...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
If I understand this bill correctly, I can't sing "deep" on youtube. All the wanna be singers on the internet would all have to write their own sutff as public perfomance of copywrite materials could not be read.

What about the book clubs and book reviews? Really?

So I can't find a groovy article online and read it in a youtube commentary? All my viewers would have to have access to the article themselves?

Yep. I'd say the public is doomed.

Good bye free information on the internet. RIP
edit on 29-6-2011 by siren8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Of course its happening faster. Their agenda is on a time frame which has been set back more than once. Therefore they are speeding things up to such a rapid pace a person blind deaf and crazy couldn't help but see whats going on. They have decided to pull off the gloves and get down to business.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Reply to post by Frankidealist35

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Nope I don't buy it.

I don't think we matter that much in their view.I think many very successful people (money and/or power) believe they deserve it and they are superior. If that makes you angry, it's only because you are stupid and don't see reality the way they know it is.

Sure they have their agenda but they believe they can pursue it regardless of your or my reaction to it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
i applaud this motion.

passing this bill will guarantee the continuing decline of the major teevee media networks, and as a result, their eventual deaths.

DONG, DONG, DONG, this bill tolls for thee:

CNN, MSNBC, FOX, and all the other wonderfully deluded crooks and criminals

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Great rhetorical question...

Shall I answer?...

Uhhh YES?!!!

Most of their plan involves fomenting CHAOS...

Then they can implement the final stages of subjugation...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Well, for one thing, John McCain is a democrat, so that doesn't surprise me at all. What? He's listed as a republican? Details, details. He's only listed as a republican for political reasons.

The bigger question for me is - why ISN'T america more angry? Our civil liberties are disappearing daily, and we don't even seem to care.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by villagesmithie

Are you saying that everyone else who doesn't agree with the elites are stupid and should just agree with them and accept their vision of reality? You've really taken elitism to a whole new level. It's not just about profits. Its about accepting what they say as if it were the gospel, because, you believe that they are somehow better than the rest of us. I think you've been reading too much Atlas Shrugged my friend.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

America is angry. Polls constantly show that more than half the nation (I don't know what the number is right now due to OBL's death) think that the country is on the wrong track. The real question is why don't they (the elites) listen? And if they do listen why don't they do anything about it?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Are you saying that everyone else who doesn't agree with the elites are stupid and should just agree with them and accept their vision of reality?

Not at all. I'm saying that is what the elites believe.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by villagesmithie

Okay. My bad. Sometimes it's hard to tell sarcasm on the internet. I agree, that their versions of reality are often warped and they shouldn't force their beliefs on the rest of us (like they often do unfortunately). It's amazing how much power they have over people. It's almost as if they can bend reality to whatever which way they want it to be despite the fact that things aren't that way.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Frankidealist35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

I think they are. But its not what you would think. They are going to play musical chairs. See you have wars and propaganda that creates enemies and friends. But no ones truly a friend just the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Take the evil Nazis and the big world war. We gave them pardons and brought them into our government. Take the cold war and Russia. We gave them pardons and brought them into our government. Now you have Russians buying up large homes from Donald Trump all over the US and the Republicans pushing Ayn Rand and even Orly Taitz. The Nazis got Nasa. What are the Russians getting? Or how about China what are they getting. Japan remeber they attacked Pearl Harbor they got all hi tech.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Reading your post gave me a lot of insight and made me wonder why people are so outraged over the idea of China buying their own self-sufficient city in the US(inhabitat.com...) especially when there are lots of other problems to worry about. People obsess over outsourcing but they don't actually do the research, and, Republicans make people think that it's only the corporations buying things and that it's just business (which is a big lie), but really everyone's trying to get a piece of America. The question is not what control will we have left of our country-- but--- how much control will other nations have of it?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
The short answer is yes.

Look, its basically the same situation as in a capital murder trial when the plaintiffs lawyers attempt to make the defendant angry/upset to show the jury his/her lack of self control. We now have a government that wants its society and others around the world to "loose control" so they can swoop in and "save the day" but really they just want to implement new laws that will allow them to rule with an iron fist.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherYOU
politics is pretty much like wrestling...

I've never seen the audience at a WWE match getting screwed over, at least they get something in return for the money they paid...

top topics

join