It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre atmospheric disturbance filmed in Hawaii

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

The conditions required would be for the event to be at the correct altitude to be illuminated by the Sun while the viewing location is still in darkness.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I could not find on the internet any pics of, or info of a solar flare that looks like that one in hawaii nor coronal mass ejections either. This does not disprove that my sis is wrong, it means i cannot find the info yet. I still believe that this is no missle. That is a lie, and i'm sure that later on me or someone else on here will say that what happened in hawaii, the phenomina is no missle. Just because i did not find the answers does not mean that my sis is wrong.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by doubledutch

The conditions required would be for the event to be at the correct altitude to be illuminated by the Sun while the viewing location is still in darkness.

what did they lite off, a million megaton bomb way out in space?
That far away, on the horizon, dark out. Gee, that must of been quite the thrust of booster rockets. Did it go into a time warp?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

No, it doesn't mean your sister is wrong.

However, do you accept that there was a missile launched at that time, in that direction on that day? Given that the military announced the launch of the missile and even released a video of its launch, it does seem fairly certain that it *could* be the missile. Do you accept it as a possibility.

It's not that it couldn't be related to a CME somehow. That explanation was actually proposed and looked into and discounted. For one thing, CME's are monitored, and there doesn't seem to have been a massive CME that would correspond to the event.

So you have a missile which we can find details of, and we can find details that show that unless a whole bunch of people are lying to us by faking data, then there was no CME. So I don't understand why you would want to go for the second explanation rather than the first. Your sis doesn't have to be right about everything.
edit on 30-6-2011 by XtraTL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

I love how everything these days is CGI

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

No. It was an explosive charge to separate the payload from the third stage. The gases released were illuminated by sunlight. But it was way out in space.

It occurred a couple of hundred miles west of Vandenburg, at an altitude of several hundred miles, in sunlight.

edit on 6/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'm going to say, i do not know. THIS, is why i asked my sis. who has experience in matters, but i still do not believe it was this missle.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

No. It was an explosive charge to separate the payload from the third stage. The gases released were illuminated by sunlight. But it was way out in space.

It occurred a couple of hundred miles west of Vandenburg, at an altitude of several hundred miles, in sunlight.

edit on 6/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

there are all kinds of gasses in space, how come i or anyone else cannot see them,but we can see gasses from this exsplosive charge from rockets third stage.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Not gonna lie.. I'm really tired of people jumping to the missle thing. Well it's not always a missle. Stop denying what could possibly be something of a conspiracy or paranormal. Think of what this site it? Must we really say everything is a missle? The norway spiral for instance... just a government's way of explaining it because they HAD to. It was released into the publics mind. They had to come up with something. And we all know the government's track record with telling the truth..

I'm sorry, but no missle does something like this that I can think of. Thats a big burst. The missle would have to have exploded sending debris everywhere as well as more stuff going on in the picture rather than just a burst of... something.

I say stop being ignorant and just accept that there is a possibility this is something new to us and cannot be explained. Stop jumping the missle bandwagon.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
that is why i said, gee, they must of had a million megaton burst into third stage. to me this does not make sense and i will not buy into the missle theory.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulece

The government didn't explain it. People who were trying to figure out what it was did.

Are you an expert on ICBMs and their flight characteristics? Why do you think the missile would have to have exploded? What other "stuff" is going on?

The timing and direction coincide with the missile (just as it did in Norway). Why believe it is "something new" when the facts show what it is?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Lionhearte

No.
It occurred at the separation of the payload from the third stage of the rocket.

edit on 6/29/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I know in the upper atmosphere the pressure would be much less, but how much fuel would it have to dump to expand to that volume ? That's a big bubble.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Not sure if anyone has spotted this though could be a plane.

Around the 3 to 4 second mark a faint object appears and moves across to the left of the screen. Have not had time to look at it properly or compare it to the time frame to kind of get an idea on how fast its moving.

Either way it can be found here (see screenshot)

imageshack.us...

(click the image for maximum size)

It is the faint object above the white arrow looks like a star but is moving

Here is the video. It has not been edited or touched...

Vimeo Video Atmosphere Flare

(watch the video in full screen)

Any ideas?

edit on 30-6-2011 by StealthKix because: Larger resolution image

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Soulece

The government didn't explain it. People who were trying to figure out what it was did.

Are you an expert on ICBMs and their flight characteristics? Why do you think the missile would have to have exploded? What other "stuff" is going on?

The timing and direction coincide with the missile (just as it did in Norway). Why believe it is "something new" when the facts show what it is?

You know for a fact if the govwernment was to ever release info on this it would be a missle.

No I am not an expert.. But I like to use my head sometimes. Just thinking of all the times ive seen missles exploded never have I see this. The thing is, the burst is alone. Nothing else, just a burst. And it's huge. Bigger than we probably think. It happens all of a sudden as well. If it was a missle, wouldnt there be notes somewhere saying there was a launch? I dont know if somebody posted that there was I just skipped to the end here. I am just sick of people jumping on the missle bandwagon. Time to think outside the box.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

There are three "stars" in a triangular formation slowly moving upward in the middle of the frame. You can see them if you compare the first frame against the last frame. A fainter "star" to the side of this formation "flares" as the wave passes over it. So...what are those things?
reply to post by Alpha Arietis

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7c8ad70181d6.gif[/atsimg]

...just adding to the "bizarreness". minutegate?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by talklikeapirat

Yes i noticed that to. Do not much know how stars move across the sky so if any one has any ideas on this, if it is normal for a ten minute time frame?

Also some of the stars appear to move yet some dont.

any one with some celestial knowledge know why this is?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulece

Maybe it would help if you read the article that this thread is about. It's linked in the opening post.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

it says in the video title that it's the atmo-shock of a minuteman

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for someone to explain why people are defending the missile theory, while there is nothing resembling a missile, missile exhaust (which can ce seen for hundreds of miles) or any moving light source, yet still we can see this anomolous expanding orb for a few seconds. Why would the anomoly be brighter than the light source that illuminated it? Missile theory defenders, please help me understand.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthKix

More like a 10sec timeframe and all the other stars remain stationary. It was mentioned that somebody recognized the constallations, so perhaps someone could explain what we are seeing here.

My mistake, you're right, ten minute time frame, hot pixels it is then.

edit on 30-6-2011 by talklikeapirat because: bizarre spelling

edit on 30-6-2011 by talklikeapirat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join