It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre atmospheric disturbance filmed in Hawaii

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
why will you not look on the web for solar flare activities seen on earth? The phenomina in hawaii was a solar flare. Should i get more proof? why will you not answer me?

Phage is most likely not answering you because you seem to be ignorant of what we like to call knowledge&facts. I have looked at every single video you have posted and they have no merit to the OP. They are either animations of a cme or just ordinary aurora.....Neither of which was shown in the OP. As such you are doing nothing more than posting non-relevant crap. Please, make the next video you post be a nice cartoon. I personally prefer Buggs Bunny

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

For some strange reason I don't think they have any intention of launching missles anywhere on the globe, I'm leaning towards shooting down asteroids - but that's just me and my "psychic powers" talking.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Lol I was just getting ready to post the same graph!!!! Sadly I do not think actual hard evidence will sway him.... could see him saying something along these lines........Phage that graph was sent to you by the Illuminati, who is of course being controlled by the reptilians, who have disguised themselves as that frick'n comet, just to be used in case this ever leaked out!!! The sun is set to destroy us within a few hours and you are trying to hide the facts....My sister went to college after all and she knows....ummmmmm....stuff!!!.....Of course this is all just a distraction to keep us from finding out about Niberu which is behind the sun and is causing the cme's and strange weather patterns!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you.
I read about this last night and the only reason I didn't post the video was because it was determined to be an ICBM test very quickly. I'd say that info was intentionally ignored.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I dont know what that was or if it was real,but it looked cool.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillyBoBBizWorth
I dont know what that was or if it was real,but it looked cool.

Cheers

Have you not read the numerous responses in this thread, or did you just watch the video which, incidentally, has the words "minuteman launch" right in the title...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I may have missed it, but has anybody tried to explain how the anomolous sphere of light is visible, while the "missile that caused it" is not ever visible in the video. The "Nowray Spiral" (which was explained away as a missile from 1000 miles off) was brightest in its center and dimmed as it expanded. So... where's the missile?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lildaddy985

If you had read the article linked in the OP you would have seen that the "sphere of light" (I don't know how you can tell it's spherical) is material released when the explosive charge separates the payload from the third stage of the missile. Just as with the Russian missile, the rocket is far to distant to be visible.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

that wasn't actually directed at you phage but you are more than welcome to answer it (would be nice if you could maybe lighten up a bit - do you communicate in the real world as badly as you do here?) - I was asking everyone and it is a genuine question not an attempt to troll...

anyway still's cameras have been around for a while actually, the slr on a commercial basis since 1928 - this doesn't mean everyone had them though. But My mum had an slr back in the early 80's when i was a nipper as did a lot of people although they were quite expensive. Still people have been carrying cameras around for a long time and taking pictures of the sky... just look at all the pictures of ufo's dating back to the 50's or 60's

video cameras a lot less but it's still got to be 20 or so years on a commercial basis so why no images before now (ish)

unless that is we just weren't seeing them... I have tried searching and cant find any reference older than a few years...

e2a: this is slightly off topic really as this thread is discussing the web can anomaly and im really talking about the spirals although they do seem to be related if they are rocket launches
edit on 30-6-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Umm...how do any of you know for a FACT what it was or wasnt,i dont think any one of you were there,right?

If you were there and seen it with your own two eyes, let me know,ok?

Cheers

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

The point is that rocket launches are not a common event and having the conditions just right to observe something like this are less common. Did your mother always have her SLR with her everywhere she went? People with cell phones do. If she had seen a rocket launch which she was not expecting to see what are the chances she would have been able to take a picture of it? People with cell phones can.

There are now webcams turned on 27/4 and people carry cellphones which have cameras in them. There are more chances to record these events.

These sorts of things have been observed for a long time. Just because you haven't heard about them does not mean they haven't. Or maybe you have and didn't know what it was.
www.csicop.org...

edit on 6/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

Well, I have to admit, in that NASA video, I do not know what that expanding ring on the far side of earth represents, after the flare has passed.

Of course, it may be only visible in the x-ray region or some other part of the electromagnetic spectrum.

Is there some commentary for this video available somewhere explaining it?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

aha now your talking, that's exactly what I was looking for, thanks

so what are the correct conditions for this to occur? the right temps im assuming?

and to answer your question no she didn't (single mum, 8 year old twins, no hands free :lol
but i would have thought that someone would have, which is why I am asking... seems odd that there are no images predating the last decade, well that I can find anyway... not to say they don't exist I just cant find them

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Is this a joint NATO military action against the current dictator of Kwajalein atoll? What does U.S. support for this attack entail? Was Congress conferred with before we launched hostilities? Is this just a "kinetic action" that doesn't require Congressional approval?

j/k Good video, OP. Thanks for sharing.

/TOA
edit on 30-6-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Imagine this for the 2012 new years celebration, topped with failing russian missiles and some TR-3B's doing loop-de-loops

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I have not verified the following - poster on GLP (I know, I know) has stated that the radiation levels spiked on Kauai (sp?) just after this event - hoping that somebody can investigate. The poster also stated that her tomatoes and flowers were fried within two days. Of course I cannot validate this, but I would love somebody to look into the radiation readings?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
That was really nice looking, yet a little scary. i think i have found who is the cause though.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
When I first saw the video, I certainly read the article. That should be clear from my post.

However, I considered it a far less definite identification and more speculative at the time I posted the link to it.

Initially I wondered about the identification because:

1) It's a cool thing that I have never seen before, in video or otherwise. Yet surely rocket stages separating happens regularly enough for this to have been observed before. Someone posted a nice video in the daytime confirming that indeed, this sort of thing has definitely been seen before.

2) A rocket has a fairly explosive exhaust coming continuously out the back of it, yet there is no visible atmospheric disturbance visible at great distance (apart from the light of the exhaust and the trail behind of course). Yet we are told that a small charge causing separation of stages is responsible for this amazing display. I reasoned that if it were the separation charge that caused this, then it must be because there is a shock wave associated with it. The guy who posted that article also had a question about that. Unless the shock ionizes the air, how does it glow? In this one regard I am still not sure I understand the mechanism all that well. I can think of some possibilities, but nothing I can be sure of.

Later Phage posted the video of the minuteman launch from Vandenberg.

3) However, notice the disturbance is filmed at night, whereas the rocket launch looks like day. So something didn't add up there. I think someone answered this.

4) I too noticed that the rocket is not visible where I'd expect it to be visible: in the centre of the disturbance. Yeah, it's far away, but why is the disturbance visible when the rocket is not. I suppose I don't quite understand that. However, I wouldn't rule out the identification of it as the minuteman on this basis.

5) I'd like to have seen exact times given and some calculations to show that it is definitely the minuteman. It's not enough that there was a launch at around about the right time. It needs to be in that exact direction at that exact time, or it is not the right thing. I'm sure it was. But I prefer to see the details.

I also thought about the conspiratorial elements of this. Why is the US Govt. currently testing a minuteman missile? Is it a routine test, or are they deliberately trying to show off or irritate someone? What data was collected and how? What was its trajectory (this has since been answered in the thread). What payload was on it. Of course they say none. But if there was a payload of some sort, it could be anything that fits in the box right? And it would be classified, right?

What's quite interesting is the fact that the link I posted was a site that is certainly not dedicated to exploring things from an alternative viewpoint. There's a very straightforward (and probably correct) identification given there (though the article is written well and is enthusiastic). It's funny to see people on ATS saying "it's just a minuteman", yawn.

So, in summary, I realised quite well that this had already received plenty of conventional analysis, which had been posted on the site I linked to. I was curious to see whether ATS would look a little deeper. By deeper I don't mean explanations or additional information which completely ignore all of known reality and the known facts. I simply mean a deeper examination of the circumstances, the mechanism and the explanation that is given.

Whilst I do know what *event* likely caused this phenomenon, I still feel that I have a shallow grasp on the mechanism and the circumstances.
edit on 30-6-2011 by XtraTL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter
I'm not making any guess as to what it was but to me it seems like the point of origin is moving. Any explosion/shockwave would start at a point of origin and expand equally in all directions right? If you concentrate on the center of the sphere as it grows it appears to move upwards in relation to the stars.

It is going equally in all directions,but it appears to be over the horizon where the point of origin is beyond our field of view.The backdrop of the scene are stars.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
atheists will stay in denial

non believers will try to explain it as a natural disturbance in our atmostphere

scientists will claim its swamp gas

i wont even bother reading all these ignorant responses lol.

what people need to understand is there is some weird S### going on in our planet right now!

people better get right with the creator of the universe, because there are no atheists in a foxhole

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join