It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre atmospheric disturbance filmed in Hawaii

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
You didn't read the article?
It was the Minuteman III from Vandenberg.
www.vandenberg.af.mil...

edit on 6/29/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

why is the time different in that video from the video in the op link??

even if you take into account the time difference, the minutes dont match, in the vid you posted it was 35 min in the hour and the vid in the op link its 41 min??
in the op link video its 03:41, in the vid you posted, its 13:35. thats a BIG time difference me thinks

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
I am assuming this is not the first launch ever done? Why now would it make something appear in the sky? It creeped me out watching the video....looked like a Planet on the Horizon.
Gave me the heebie jeebies!

Does a tree falling in the forest make a sound if no one is there to hear it? Yes.

Just like this missile leaves an "expanding ring" in our atmosphere every time it hits phase 3 of flight. It just so happened that the conditions were right, the sky was clear, and two shocked Hawaiians had their webcams at hand at that moment.

Thanks for the video... It was explained very thoroughly in the article.

edit on 6/30/2011 by TheRealTruth84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

Maybe a star just below the horizon went supernova. I wonder if there is any other footage from other parts of the world.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
With all the previous launches,(and future ones too) these two cams should be able to duplicae the capture and maybe already have.....Any waay to check on past launches?
The future ones can be anticipated now, and the conditions noted, sooner or later the scene should duplicate shouldnt it?
Otherwise wasnt some kind of CME due to hit earth?
Could this be part of that phenom?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

See this is what I like to see with ATS amazing.
S&F

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
Looks like a pretty poor attempt at cgi.

For webcam footage, the time-stamp seems to be ticking along at a pretty fast rate.

If the webcam has such a high rate-of refresh, then I'd expect the expanding "orb" to be a bit smoother in its movement.

I'm glad someone said this because it's a good frame of referrence as to how so many people don't read up on something before they rush to judgement and start typing away.

You're dead wrong in case you haven't caught on yet. Had you read anything linked you would have seen that this was filmed on a webcam located at astronomical observatory in HI.

The video is very real. Bizzare? Looks very likely not. All articles written on this event seem to concur that it was a Minuteman III missile launched from CA and the timing is way too coincedental for it not to be.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
didn't know there was a 10 hour time difference from CA to HI....

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Reading is fundamental.

ATS'er are so quick to
and
without even bothering to read the accompanying text DIRECTLY below.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Can anyone tell me why a missile is being launched in the first place? Do these put satellites into space?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

The Minuteman III is a weapons vehicle. In this test the rocket was launched from Vandenberg AFB and the (unarmed) warhead landed at Kwajalein atoll.

edit on 6/30/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Never mind. It's an intercontinental ballistic missile capable of carrying a nuclear weapon. Nice. I'm so glad we have the capabilities to incinerate hundreds of thousands of people in an instant anywhere on the globe.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
I am assuming this is not the first launch ever done? Why now would it make something appear in the sky? It creeped me out watching the video....looked like a Planet on the Horizon.
Gave me the heebie jeebies!

Well, the sun shines every day, but we arent constantly looking at rainbows. And the sun sets every night, but it doesnt always make a green flash, and the moon is out every night, but there arent always moon halos. So why would you expect the same light show every time a rocket is launched?

Atmospheric conditions differ, cloud cover and visibility differ, and so its not really unreasonable to think that sometimes, setting of a rocket will make some interesting light effect.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
Its was probably a missile that broke the sound barrier and was visible because of the air density composition. Here is a video that looks almost identical: (FF 01:50)

edit on 30-6-2011 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

What an awesome video! It almost looks fake. I reckon this could be the same thing IMO.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage....will you marry me?
I can't tell you how many times you have put my mind at ease! Thank you.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by XtraTL

metabunk.org...

So ths third explosion releases aluminum dust which explains the aluminum they have found destroying Hawaii lately?! Seriously that is the answer does anyone know what I am talking about? about 2 months ago alex jones and others were talking about some aluminum thing going on there. The storys starting to come together now!
edit on 30-6-2011 by AllUrChips because: addition

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

perhaps phage, you will reply to my sis, who stated that this is no rocket, but a huge massive solar flare and that this was in her astro physics classes in school. I will say that maybe since ellinin is around, maybe this is what triggered the solar flare. hmmmmm.

edit on 30-6-2011 by cloaked4u because: to add a word, so i get my point out there.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Wait...why would they be shooting minuteman missiles through a wormhole? omg, we are nuking alpha centuri!!!

kidding, very cool effect..these types of videos (atmospheric ripples and halos) always reminds me of "firments" being seperated...aka, its not a sky above us, its a giant ocean...nothing like living in Salvador Dali's universe

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
Looks like a pretty poor attempt at cgi.

For webcam footage, the time-stamp seems to be ticking along at a pretty fast rate.

If the webcam has such a high rate-of refresh, then I'd expect the expanding "orb" to be a bit smoother in its movement.

The entire video was 10 minutes worth of time compressed into a few seconds. Webcams have pretty low frame rates, so I would expect movement in the frame to look just like it did in the video.

The fact we can send anything at all into space is amazing. Why not just accept the most reasonable and simplest explanation when all the evidence points to it instead of trying to make it something it is not?

Cool video for sure.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by scoobyrob

www.vandenberg.af.mil...

even if you take into account the time difference, the minutes dont match, in the vid you posted it was 35 min in the hour and the vid in the op link its 41 min??
in the op link video its 03:41, in the vid you posted, its 13:35. thats a BIG time difference me thinks

Hi
If you look at the Vandenburg launch that Phage posted again it shows at the begining a black screen with the launch details.
It looks like there were two launch tests. One at 06:34:59 and another at 13:34:59.
I just looked up the time difference and California is ahead of Hawaii by about 3 hours. That seems to fit with the test launch.

All the best
Quaid

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quaid

Originally posted by scoobyrob

www.vandenberg.af.mil...

Hi
If you look at the Vandenburg launch that Phage posted again it shows at the begining a black screen with the launch details.
It looks like there were two launch tests. One at 06:34:59 and another at 13:34:59.
I just looked up the time difference and California is ahead of Hawaii by about 3 hours. That seems to fit with the test launch.

All the best
Quaid

thank you for figuring that out
and excuse my ignorance for not digging deaper to find the answer like you did.

was just baffling me why it was different and assumed it was the same launch.

eta: case closed.....

cheers

rob
edit on 30/6/11 by scoobyrob because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join