It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape Factories (Prisons in US)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Not to take it to a religious stand point but. Was Christ in a roman Prison
was he a bad guy

Also as long as your RICH do you go to a nice prison
OR just pay you way outta it? UM JUST SAYEN

Point I am making is the prison system is a business to enslave some unknowingly or a way to lock up those who go againt the political grain NAZI camps. YES there are some who I feel a nice volcanic bath will do justice but they are in prisons for their evol deeds. But many dont belong within them and are there keeping private business in play why spreading species decaying behaviors of same sex acceptance. Now the backfire-Some lawmakers go for this (lock you up throw away the key) and forget their family members who may encounter "freeds" who got messed up sexually and became BI and now the lawmakers have allowed for their potential family members extended or not to become interactors with????????????? FAIL its 6degrees of seperation.

There has got to be a better way.

Be well
edit on 6/30/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamusic
I thought this was old news. Hasn't the possibility of rape always been a variable of jail time? I think the state tries to do as much as they can each year but they can only do so much. Its not a sunny vacation on a decadent island...its prison.

What the he ll is so hard about it (?) they're in cages!! We can prevent farm animals from breeding with a fence but we can't stop men from raping other men? What kind of retards are running the show?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
How ignorant can one person be? Not everyone in prison is a "bad guy". You can go to prison for accidentally making a mistake while filing your taxes...

Or checking the wrong box on a passport aplpication:

A federal indictment states that Dawkins started to fill out a passport application in 2004, didn't complete it, then filled out a new application two years later.

On that new application, he checked a box "no" for the question, "Have you ever applied before?" according to the indictment.

Iraq War vet facing 10 years for that. Already been sitting in jail 10 months waiting for his case to be heard.

www.news4jax.com...

It's okay if he gets raped because since he's in jail he's a bad guy.

All these idiots pushing that "shouldnt of gotten tossed in jail duuurrrr...." nonsense are the "peers" that will be sitting on our juries should the unthinkable happen. Makes you feel good, doesnt it?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thepreye

Are they gay or just over sexed, I remember a WW2 saying about US service men, over paid over sexed and over here, the over sexed theme runs.

Honestly, I dont know. I dont think there is any real significant difference between the sex drive of Americans and Brits. There shouldnt be. Genetically, many of us are from there, only a couple generations back. Far too short a time for any real difference in sex drive to evolve.

I think its more likely a myth that just took off. Some small few people got raped in prison in the past, it got out into the cultural lore about prison and became a self fulfilling thing, most likely. Much like the proliferation of the crips and bloods in Hawaii were I am from basically stems entirely from the movie "Colors" back in the 80's. (I know, I was there, and saw all the little bandannas come out within a week of the pre adolescents seeing that film.) Now, the gangs are real, and they are violent and they cause trouble. But really, they didnt exist in Hawaii before a meme was planted, and took root, and grew.

I tend to suspect prison rape in the US is a similar sad accident of fate. A story that the wrong people got enchanted with and made into reality.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I think some of you are completely missing the big picture here. The OP is not about prison rape only.

which are based on nationwide surveys of prison and jail inmates as well as young people in juvenile detention centers, at least 216,600 inmates were victimized in 2008 alone.

Read that again. This is not just "bad guys in prison". Maybe some of you are clueless to this fact, but Prison means your doing state time. The State has charged you with a crime, you were convicted and you go to State Prison. However this OP is also about "Jails". Do some of you even realize that "Jail" and "Prison" are two completely different places? "Jail" usually refers to a County Jail or a City Jail. "Jail" is usually temporary housing for those who eventually go on to Prison or are charged under County/City laws and are not expected to do a lot of "time" for their "crimes". If you were to be arrested for shoplifting, you would probably go to 'jail". If you were arrested for murder, you would go to "jail" until you are convicted, then you would go to "prison".

So are some people really suggesting that a person who was shoplifting deserves to be raped in jail? Staying out of Prison is not too tough, staying out of jail can be very tough. People can be arrested for the silliest things. Let us take the people in Florida who were arrested for feeding the homeless, they did not go to Prison, they went to Jail. So would people then think it was ok that these people get raped while in jail? Because they are in jail it is somehow their fault they were raped?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boogeyman1976
So.....everyone is feeling sorry for these inmates? I work in a prison and we do everything we can to prevent this kind of stuff.

BS, no way in he ll are people doing everything they can to prevent it with it happening hudnreds of thousands of times every year. NO WAY... prison personell are either looking the other way and letting it happen, doing it themselves, or they're completely and utterly retarded.

Originally posted by Boogeyman1976
the reason things like prison rape happen is because you have a bunch of selfish, manipulative, degenerates in one place.

Wrong, it's because of incompetent or sadistic prision employees. There is no excuse for it.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jonibelle

Sorry to bust your bubble but they are not all "Bad People"

You could have just as easily ended up in a prison cell because you thought an officer was abusing your rights, or if you smoked a joint. Does that mean you should be raped?? Think about that long and hard. Catch my drift??

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

"STAFF MEMBERS?"I call BS on that...I know it happens,but its mostly blacks on Whites....Ive known many who were in....Whites get targeted by blacks as soon as they walk in the door

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

I believe that we don't have accurate statistics on prison rape because the majority go unreported.. especially guard on prisoner rape..

For those that can stomach this documentary.. it's very informative, and it does go into prison guard on prisoner rape..

Limestone Correctional Facility is about 15 minutes from where I live... There are a lot of people there that are NOT "bad" people. Some are there for something as simple as writing a bad check they couldn't then pay off.

I have family members that are dangerously close to being in there - for smoking pot... and trust me, they're not capable of surviving that....

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

"STAFF MEMBERS?"I call BS on that...I know it happens,but its mostly blacks on Whites....Ive known many who were in....Whites get targeted by blacks as soon as they walk in the door

It's true, in prison i'm sad to say that white males are the women. No matter how hard or tough you are, in prison and you're white, you will be approached by black and brown as if you are a woman.

To tell the truth....it's not really so much "rape" that goes down anymore. Most white males or any other victims are "talked" into losing their "virginity". Not always the violent threats either. They get in there, see the demographics (that our crooked justice system has built) and realize real quick they had better find a husband.

My uncle who just finished 15 years told me about a couple of white boys who asked for his protection. So it's a protection thing for many of the meek. You can either get passed around like a cigarette, or you can have one husband. Unk says the white guys parents were so grateful he kept their child alive, they would send him whatever he wanted. They would pay visits to come see and talk to him. The white guy he was looking out for, was so grateful that HE approached my uncle like, "How can i repay you, do you want some _____". My uncle says he was like naw, I'm not in to that.

Any way, like someone said, what prison does is bring what you really are out. If you're a punk, it's going to bring the punk out. A real man like me, even IF it did go down like that, the person would know that I'M GOING TO HUNT DOWN AND KILL WHOEVER! It wouldn't be worth it to try me like that. But most people don't have the heart they think they do.

P.S. I guess you better stay your arse outta prison huh...

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The whole penitentiary system through centuries is flawed. Offenders of the laws, those minor man-made laws, and those major, that are foundations of our civilisation, are being sent to confinement with other offenders. Environment is brutal, ruthless, de-humanizing. Only way to survive, and we are darn good at it, is to become more hostile and aggresive towards environment (other inmates).
Now, how on earth can you call it re-socialization. To me it sounds more like de-socialization.
So what's the solution? IMHO minor offenders without indications of aggresive behaviors should be kept in prisons like todays. Surveillance cameras and taps in every single cell, no word as 'privacy' should exist.
Now, for murderers, rapists and other violent assaulters, separate prison system should be developed. Something close to Bentham's panopticon, where inmates wouldn't be able to contact each other AT ANY TIME. Only people which they would be seing would be therapists, a lot of them. Contact with guards should be minimized also. Modern mind alterating techniques should be used, movies with subliminal messages and all that stuff. Time to reinforce this process with really modern technologie. If the aim is take out violent behaviors of subject let's not be afraid to use word 'brainwash' in some cases. I'm not talking about any surgical threatments, we tried it in past, and it didn't work. But pharmacologicaly, hell why not, '___' for example, there was a piece on it in The Economist quite lately.

It's just a sketch in my mind, but clearly current system simply can't work out.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The need to bring back electro-shock therapy...fry their brains until they calm down

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Speaking as a person who has lived in a few prison towns the jobs come in like any other company town. The town is pretty much dead or dying with little population and that makes it an attractive spot to put a prison.

So now all these people who had nothing and no prospects have a place to work and they welcome it for the most part.

I'm sure there are certain psychopaths who start out crazy and sadistic just as there are some who only later after years of working in this sick system become sadistic.

But the roots are generally popularly benign. People just want jobs. Any jobs.

Of course that lays the foundation for prison lifers who rot to their core then pass the rot onto their kids and the culture of the town inevitably becomes one of police state sadism and it eventually returns to the barren rotten cesspool it was before the prison came in with its jobs.

Thanks, sounds about right.

Probably why few want prisons in their areas, but also why an area with high unemployment might welcome one.

I guess everyone can be happy!

But, you bring up a scary dimension to it all. Maybe a guy gets a job like you say, but eventually, his work gets to him, he brings it home, etc. But if the prison is the main employment center, the subsequent generations would probably only get worse, and worse. And so, the prison culture, spills out into the town, through the people who work there, or maybe even through those that come to live near their incarcerated family, etc.

I wonder what could be done to arrest such a terrible devolution? Almost sounds inevitable.

Maybe grandma was right, bad apples can ruin whole barrels of apples.

JR

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by stainlesssteelrat

IMHO minor offenders without indications of aggresive behaviors should be kept in prisons like todays. Surveillance cameras and taps in every single cell, no word as 'privacy' should exist.

Good idea.

One step further, a nod to our modern age: Why not just keep them in their own homes?

Seems like every time I read something about those wrist or ankle bands, it's good. No, probably wouldn't work for all of them, but maybe a good percentage still.

The state saves (a ton) of money. Taxpayer happy. Non-violent criminal does his/her "time", without necessarily being exposed to serious criminals that could make it worse.

With all the money saved, some could be used to make sure the real serious violent offenders are kept under better control. And no more escapes would be a nice bonus too.

Seems like a lot of upside, and not much downside. I wonder why this isn't more popular?

JR

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Sorry to bust your bubble but they are not all "Bad People"

You could have just as easily ended up in a prison cell because you thought an officer was abusing your rights, or if you smoked a joint. Does that mean you should be raped?? Think about that long and hard. Catch my drift??

LOLOL
Can no one read?
When did i say that it is ob MY VERY OWN OPINION they were all BAD PEOPLE?!|

I said the GENERAL PUBLIC has no remorse for prisoners because THEY all the the "HE OBVIOUSLY DID SOMETHING WHY HE'S IN PRISON" mindset.

Unfreakingbelievable

everyone preaches about denying ignorance, and I'm arguing the same point with at least 5 different people
It's like, once some of you have your head wrapped around an idea or a certain opinion of yours, there's no seeing past that.
get over yourselves o.O
edit on 30-6-2011 by jonibelle because: (no reason given)

I had some guy call me a racist yesterday about 5 times all because he thought he was 100% absolutely right about everything in life because he had deep African American history of importance, his grampy was a king or something?
Why even bother come on ATS if that's they was you're going to behave and respond to everything....MEMEMEME....And not read, and tell refusing yourself to see beyond your point of focus.

I think there is a double standard, since prison rape primarily happens to Men you think it's ok to joke about it, I doubt you'd be telling jokes if it was primarily women being raped in this context. The same thing happens to underage boys who are raped by adult women, big joke.

Yes, I'm glad that's what you got from all my posts of me explaining myself.

No one feels bad for the bad guy well what about the innocent guys in prison that didnt do anything or got framed, I guess you have no feelings for them either...lets get one thing straight this entire corrective system is a joke you can get put in prison for nothing basically and lets not forget the new laws that are made up everyday by people that will never be arrested

Lol, once again....
I think I'm done here.
Good day ^^

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonibelle
LOLOL
Can no one read?
When did i say that it is ob MY VERY OWN OPINION they were all BAD PEOPLE?!|

I said the GENERAL PUBLIC has no remorse for prisoners because THEY all the the "HE OBVIOUSLY DID SOMETHING WHY HE'S IN PRISON" mindset.

Unfreakingbelievable

Well you started off by joking about Men getting raped and then you had this to say...

Originally posted by jonibelle
You know those big places surrounded by electric fences with "top notch" security 24/7. The place designed to keep vile humans out of our society, are kept? I don't think doing time means you should get raped, but no one feels bad for a bad guy

I can see where people get the impression that it is your opinion as well (despite your denials).

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
As fio staff,I do know of one guard who walked up on a cell with 5 blacks and 1 White kid...the White was laying on the floor,naked and covered with blood and semen....he said"help me"...the guard told him to"get your a*s up and clean yourself up...youre a disgrace"....the blacks just laughed

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I thought every one knew you Will get rape't in jail?
and I bet the true number is three time wat they say.
they need a cell for each one.
and keep a good eye on the gaurds.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join