It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape Factories (Prisons in US)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The guy who's ambition it is, to work in a prison, as a guard, is the first one we should focus on.

What is it about working in that capacity that is so attractive? The pay? Maybe there is someone posting who can answer.

Obviously, some percentage of the time, you are going to get people who are attracted to the job, for all the wrong reasons. (Same with cops.)

No doubt, many who work in prisons are decent people, who need work, maybe circumstances in their life just led them to that occupation. But, how long, in such an environment, can even a decent person remain "human"?

I'm sure prisoners / formerly incarcerated, etc. that are posting here could tell us volumes about the typical "hack culture" that dominates, and is unlikely to change anytime soon.

JR

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
If prisons housed rapists, murderers and perpetrators of violent assault then I don't know how much I'd care. Even still the prisoners should be kept safe from such abuses because you never know when someone may be falsely imprisoned.

As it is, the vast majority of prisoners are people that I don't believe should be locked up in the first place. Contractions of incurable even deadly STD, and the psychological and physical damage of rape is cruel and unusual punishment.

It's disgusting and sick and no sane society would allow it.. which is why it is so celebrated by ignorant mainstream culture of that backwards land.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Speaking as a person who has lived in a few prison towns the jobs come in like any other company town. The town is pretty much dead or dying with little population and that makes it an attractive spot to put a prison.

So now all these people who had nothing and no prospects have a place to work and they welcome it for the most part.

I'm sure there are certain psychopaths who start out crazy and sadistic just as there are some who only later after years of working in this sick system become sadistic.

But the roots are generally popularly benign. People just want jobs. Any jobs.

Of course that lays the foundation for prison lifers who rot to their core then pass the rot onto their kids and the culture of the town inevitably becomes one of police state sadism and it eventually returns to the barren rotten cesspool it was before the prison came in with its jobs.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
reply to post by jonibelle

The point is that as innocent and goodie-too-shoes you may be, YOU can still end up in a jail or prison.

On the very least you can go to jail while you await charges being dropped.

The times I've been in jail I was surprised at the variety of people who get sent there. We had doctors, lawyers, preachers, everything in there. Some guilty, some innocent. I know one old guy was sent there because his son had drugs in the house, however wasn't home so either the old guy or his wife had to go down for it.

You fail to realize how easily you can step over the line of the law.

Give me a break. From my two or three posts on this thread you can I'm a "Goodie two shoes"?
I know as much as you how easy it is to step over the line of the law, believe me.

All I have been saying is that the issue of this not being taken seriously is not from jokes being made, but rather that the general public feels no sympathy for those sent to prison because prisons were made to house society's mad men and women. Somehow most people believe that everyone in prison had to have done something, like they'd never heard of framing or wrongful conviction. I've heard it a million times "He/She is in prison for a reason" and the tone in their voice insinuates that the reason is something horrible, and no chance of the wrong place at the wrong time conviction.
The jokes are all built around the believe that if you end up in prison you've done something horrible and deserve to be there, so if something bad happens to you you deserve it.
This is not my belief, I have never stated that it's my belief, but its the reality of the mind set of others and it's a shame.

Edit:
I know my joke on the first page was of bad taste but I couldn't help it. Am I making an excuse? No. But because I made the joke does it mean I think these men and women deserve to be sexually abused and assaulted? Definitely not. I wish no such thing on my worst enemy.
edit on 30-6-2011 by jonibelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I had a friend get put in prison for a relatively minor charge. And he stated that prison was not like in the movies, that the prisoners all typically got along and that they all collectively feared the prison guards. He told me of incidents where an inmate might "disrespect" a prison guard and the guards would get together and hatch a plan for payback.

He tells me of a story where they went into a cell and roughed up an inmate to the point the guy was in the hospital. The officers claimed that the inmate had a weapon and was attempting to attack them. They had a guy with a video camera following them during the "raid" but it didn't catch them planting the weapon and the camera didn't get in until the cops were essentially already beating the guy to death. All of this because the guy told one of the officers to kiss his rear after the officer made a racist remark to the inmate.

He has told me many more, of officers pepper spraying people point blank, making them strip naked and forcing them to lay the hard concrete floor for upwards of an hour or more. He even told me during one of these strip downs the officers went around and tazed a few of the inmates who were "Making aggressive movements" supposedly.

The job of a law enforcement officer, on the street or behind bars, is one with much responsibility. Unfortunately, a vast majority of those who get into such careers tend to be bullies or have some super hero fantasy that they try to live out. Such jobs are a literal paradise for those who wish to fulfill their desires to inflict harm to another human being, as the opportunities to do so present themselves endlessly.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Yea its pretty sad these prison employees have participated in these pathetic species degrading activities. But it isnt something new or out of the ordinary to believe. Some see people in bad positions and others take advantage of them. See this rape stuff in the prisons seems intentional in some ways as like a deterent to stay outta prison. But the reality from one who has observed many is that rape is occurring but also alot of closet homosexuals come out of their closets when they get in their. Basically what I am saying is many who go to jail for long periods or even short periods not consciously always but usually subconsciously allow their closet sides to come out of them. I have heard stories of males being bought out more less by other male lovers who are willing to take care of them protect them from other males in exchange for whatever they have in private. Or for gifts
yes gifts. Like I said some of them dudes already have the homosexual tendicies hidden why they are running around like super thugs and they let it out when they get in there. Cause a real man will fight to his own death or till the death of another before becomming somebodies prag or whatever they call them. And wont allow some man to curr them out. Unfortunatley again many males allready arein the closet before they get their and the system brings them out. Its like this on some real stuff WHO YOU ARE OUTSIDE IS WHO YOU ARE INSIDE. So if you one of these bi sexual closet males outside of prison you fen to be a known inside as what you really are. Again rape does occure in situations where an inmate with power may put a hit on you in there and try to get your manhood takin, but then see you either gone be a male women and bow down or eliminate the threat with extreme caution so you dont catch a homicide case and then persue the inmate who sent the hit because they are obviously hidding behing protection so that shows fear and they can be caught too. Its sad the system overall and would make sense if the prison system made the jails more um CHARGE SPECIFIC. Like killers go to killer jails rapist go to rapist jail kid harmers go to killer and rapist jails. Drug dealers go to drug dealing jails corporate kingpens go to drugdealer jails. ect ect you see where I am getting at. But as for now the system is a jungle and you gotta bean animal to adapt BY ANY MEANS. Which can turn your 2 year sentence into a 50 to life year sentence all because you killed to protect yourself from someone. Its messed up pretty bad and i have seen many within society go in and come out with no signs of rehabilitation at all. In many ways they seemed to not even care about going back in. Which in turn can place an innocent person in harms way due to someone being released with the institutionalized mindstate of yea im only free for a minute. SAD
2 guys I remember went in and got hanged in their cells. The rumor was they were bad mouthing the guards and it was a rap for them after that -they were related- so I think the guards didnt like their family and handled they CO biz..

be well
edit on 6/30/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSwag

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by iSwag

Whether or not you end up in jail or prison is not entirely within your control.

Keep that in mind.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

It's totally under my control. It's me who makes the decisions, inevitably choosing where I will go in my life....

Therefore I avoid those decisions that risk my freedom.

dingdingding.....theres your ignorance award..

did you read about the asian kid who got his future taken because of playing soccer?

...yeah i bet playing soccer was going to "risk his freedom"..

furthermore with your statement you would never help someone in danger being threatened by another person (you never know how that gets treated in court)...

....great idiology you have there sir

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

My father was in a juvenile detention facility. Back then they were called "reform schools". He stole something and ended up in baby jail. His stint in that hell did not help him at all. He went into that place a troubled kid. He came out an angry, violent man with a drinking problem. We think he drank so much to kill the memories of what went on in that place. And it wasn't other prisoners. The OP is correct in saying it is more often the guards, orderlies or others meant to watch over the population.

I don't understand how a guard can rape a 14 year old boy or an adult male and consider themselves to be neither gay nor a pedophile.

I know other prisoners victimize the persons seen as weak. I agree with whoever made the statement that violent offenders should be separated from non-violent offenders.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
How are we to reform criminals in a prison settings like this? Instead of throwing violent criminals in with non-violent criminals, maybe they should weed them out and place them in prisons according to their tendency for violence.

Some of these prisoners are being released from prison with more hate, anger and a thirst for violence than when they went in.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Prisons are very expensive, non violent people shouldn't be there to begin with, crimes that aren't extreme violence and harm should not be major penalities, many not penalities at all. A child who sets a garbage can on fire could, for example, could work in a soup kitchen for a few weekends, but in our area, visiting the local firehall and going through a couple learning sessions on the dangers of fire and fire safety, was put in place for a few kids who started a bush fire. That was it.

Being on assistance in a form or house arrest for counseling, and bracelets, works and is cheaper, even for rapists and murderers, though I would have guards for those kind of more serious crimes, and just the bracelet and checkups for less, while they continue their work and life.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Thank you. A very fine young man I have known since childhood was put in jail for 2 days for...not cutting his grass enough. A neighbor's repeated complaints to the city is what did it. The young man had JUST lost the relative who raised him (and left him the house) and the boy had a lot to deal with.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Yea its pretty sad these prison employees have participated in these pathetic species degrading activities. But it isnt something new or out of the ordinary to believe. Some see people in bad positions and others take advantage of them. See this rape stuff in the prisons seems intentional in some ways as like a deterent to stay outta prison. But the reality from one who has observed many is that rape is occurring but also alot of closet homosexuals come out of their closets when they get in their. Basically what I am saying is many who go to jail for long periods or even short periods not consciously always but usually subconsciously allow their closet sides to come out of them. I have heard stories of males being bought out more less by other male lovers who are willing to take care of them protect them from other males in exchange for whatever they have in private. Or for gifts
yes gifts. Like I said some of them dudes already have the homosexual tendicies hidden why they are running around like super thugs and they let it out when they get in there. Cause a real man will fight to his own death or till the death of another before becomming somebodies prag or whatever they call them. And wont allow some man to curr them out. Unfortunatley again many males allready arein the closet before they get their and the system brings them out. Its like this on some real stuff WHO YOU ARE OUTSIDE IS WHO YOU ARE INSIDE. So if you one of these bi sexual closet males outside of prison you fen to be a known inside as what you really are. Again rape does occure in situations where an inmate with power may put a hit on you in there and try to get your manhood takin, but then see you either gone be a male women and bow down or eliminate the threat with extreme caution so you dont catch a homicide case and then persue the inmate who sent the hit because they are obviously hidding behing protection so that shows fear and they can be caught too. Its sad the system overall and would make sense if the prison system made the jails more um CHARGE SPECIFIC. Like killers go to killer jails rapist go to rapist jail kid harmers go to killer and rapist jails. Drug dealers go to drug dealing jails corporate kingpens go to drugdealer jails. ect ect you see where I am getting at. But as for now the system is a jungle and you gotta bean animal to adapt BY ANY MEANS. Which can turn your 2 year sentence into a 50 to life year sentence all because you killed to protect yourself from someone. Its messed up pretty bad and i have seen many within society go in and come out with no signs of rehabilitation at all. In many ways they seemed to not even care about going back in. Which in turn can place an innocent person in harms way due to someone being released with the institutionalized mindstate of yea im only free for a minute. SAD
2 guys I remember went in and got hanged in their cells. The rumor was they were bad mouthing the guards and it was a rap for them after that -they were related- so I think the guards didnt like their family and handled they CO biz..

be well
edit on 6/30/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

This is real talk and pretty much on point.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by iSwag
[
It's totally under my control. It's me who makes the decisions, inevitably choosing where I will go in my life....

Therefore I avoid those decisions that risk my freedom.

OH, really?
You are sitting at home watching TV and the next thing you know the SWAT team breaks down the door and hauls you off to jail for something you are totally 100% innocent of and how no knowledge of. Are you in total control now? That scene plays out everyday for some poor unlucky person that end up spending years locked up for something they did not do. You could be next, any of us could be next.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
What else isn't being discussed is how racist these attacks are and how it adds to white hate groups as it's one of the ways white men can keep from being raped in prison. Most attacks are black on white as some sort of payback for imagined ills and alot of times encouraged by ther staff as a sort of safety valve. The whole thing is just screwed up.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Rape is vile and disgusting.

I would only condone it on child molesters.

And its got to be worse men on men

(Not because of homosexuals....but how traumatized would a straight man be?! really!)

Well I say man, you say even juveniles

We dont have that problem here in the UK. No way!!

(The odd sick offence, but its not a problem on a grand scale)

The worst part is that its happening in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

The country that holds the beacon of light to the rest of the world, the "American Dream", the country that brings "democracy", "Law" and.......................wait here's the best one................"FREEDOM" to its people.

LOL America is the biggest joke I ever heard. More like the American nightmare.

Sorry folks just calling it as I see it, how did that country get so out of touch with reality I wonder?

But I do hear the out cries of all the American people on ATS that are aware of what their country is turning into...heck it is turning bloody facist you'd have our dear Church Hill turning in his grave.

The question is when will you put an end to it?
Everyday you cry out about innocents being abused in one way or another...by your own people.

Ponder that.

ETA: you can make this a racial thing if you wish...but I just stated the bigger picture above ^^^^^^^^
edit on 30-6-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Originally posted by AdonisDNA
lol only in the u.s
i have afew buddys in jail and that stuff just go's on in the u.s try that stuff in a non u.s jail youed get your balls cut off

What do you mean non U.S. jail? You think this only happens in America? Try going to a South American prison! Or one in the middle east. And god forbid one in Afrika!

It also depends upon your ethnicity....sorry my white males, but in prison YOU are the women.

Not in a UK prison anyone rapes a fellow prisoner is instantly a nonce, for ever, you would lose everything for life, even outside you'd be a nonce, step on the wrong toes and you could get killed or lose an eye but you ain't getting raped unless you're gay already and a fellow gay rapes you and that's a may be, we don't understand the rape thing in US prisons it must be a huge closet gay issue imho.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

No it isnt. There are innocent people in jail. We KNOW that, for a fact, and your statement is ridiculous in light of that. Obviously, innocent people do not control things in such a way that they wind up in jail. The justice system fails. And thats not in your control.

Besides, even for those who are legitimate criminals, there is no excuse for an 18 year old casual dope smoker to be abused by prison guards and raped by whomever. Its punishment that goes WAAAAAYYYY beyond what the crime merits.

Im not for coddling prisoners, but they dont deserve to be abused or raped in prison. If they are crimes when the prisoners commit them, they are crimes when the guards commit them against the prisoners.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Indeed....thats how we roll in the UK.

Cut it out. Stomp it out. It will not be tolerated. Even by the murderers.

Take a leaf out of our book.

edit on 30-6-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Its actually a dominance and humiliation issue, not a gay issue. Although, sex is sex for the perpetrator, and there is that element also. Male on male sex is not uncommon in many instances when females are not present, famously among soldiers/sailors, (historically) its really not surprising it occurs in prisons. The problem is the rape aspect, not the fact that sex between two men happens.

And maybe there isnt as much "rape" in UK prisons because they are more civilized and agree over tea to buddy up rather than force it on each other. Or maybe its because the guards there just do their job and protect the vulnerable inmates from the more brutal ones, and here in the US, the guards are often sadistic bullies who turn a blind eye or even instigate trouble.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I get what you mean about dominance, but over here it's all based on how hard you are or how much control you can exert over one or more hard men who will do your bidding, based upon wealth or respect within the criminal subculture, beatings, physical and mental abuse, "protection" and slavery abound but no raping because to rape you would be a nonce and pretty much never have none nonce friends or associates ever again.

Are they gay or just over sexed, I remember a WW2 saying about US service men, over paid over sexed and over here, the over sexed theme runs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join