It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Detonation Timeline "1945-1998"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

MOD NOTE: Please feel free to move if this forum is not appropriate, although this many tests and detonations play directly to the "fragility" of the earth in my book...

Very interesting Nuke detonation timeline video with audio cue on each:

The 2053 nuclear tests and explosions that took place between 1945 and 1998 are plotted visually and audibly on a world map.

As the video starts out detonations are few and far between. The first three detonations represent the Manhattan Project and the two bombs that ended World War II.

After a few representative minutes the USSR and Britain enter the nuclear club and the testing really starts to heat up. Even though the video does not differentiate between sub-critical "safety" tests and full detonations, you get a good idea of the fever of the nuclear arms race.

The time line does not extend to tests by North Korea (October 2006 and May 2009).
video credit: goes to Isao Hashimoto (www.ctbto.org/specials/1945-1998-by-isao-hashimoto/)

Kinda Changes the perception of the arms race and the way you look at Nukes, doesn't it?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I have already seen this, but thanks for reminding me. it's incredible the amount of bombs that have been tested, especially in the USA.

Everyone should know this, so it can be stopped. Eventually this will catch up with us, big time.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Why is such a big deal if it's already been posted? I'm betting you most people that visit ATS (mostly lurkers) never use the search bar. They are just looking at the front page and recent posts. The best material in my opinion should be posted often so people don't forget and new users can see material such as this instead of worthless fear mongering.

Just my two cents...

new topics

top topics

join