It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eco-Nazis take on... The Germans. Star Wars style.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I'm sure we all remember the cute VW ad where the kid dressed as Darth Vader uses the force to start up the car.

Well, now Greenpeace has taken issue with the Germans (VW actually) and has initiated a new ad campaign attacking them for not wanting to cut CO2 emissions.

Rebel Manifesto

Our home—Earth—is in trouble. VW opposes key environmental laws we need if we’re going to stop our planet going the way of Alderaan (bye bye). But all is not lost. We feel the good in Volkswagen.

All of us in the Rebellion are calling on Volkswagen to turn away from the Dark Side and give our planet a chance.

1 Support strong CO2 emissions cuts.

Despite its green image, Volkswagen is spending millions of Euros every year funding lobby groups who are trying to stop Europe increasing its commitment to greenhouse gas reductions from 20% to 30% by 2020. Progressive companies – from Google to Ikea, Sony, Unilever and Philips – support the target. Volkswagen can’t afford to be left behind.

2 Support strong fuel efficiency standards.

More efficient cars are cheaper to run, use less oil and emit less CO2. Volkswagen has a history of lobbying against the strong European standards that we need to kick our oil addiction. As the biggest car company in Europe, with the biggest responsibility, VW must change and support strong standards from now on.

3 Put your technology where your mouth is.

Volkswagen says it wants to be “the most eco-friendly automaker in the world”, but only 6% of the cars it sold in 2010 were its most efficient models. It has the technology to do better. VW must set out its plan to make its entire fleet oil-free by 2040.

VW Darkside

How dare those evil Germans, not cutting back on the harmless gas that the trees need to breathe. Those fascists!

I'm all for fuel economy to save us from the hit in the wallet from the outrageous gas prices these days but, trying to force them to make these changes by perpetuating the global warming lie...

Well, lets just say I was rootin for Vader at the end of that commercial.

The first commercial was pretty good and if they had left it that it would be a pretty cool ad campaign (would've brainwashed loads of kids) but, they just had to come out with a second one and this one is just plain lame.

edit on 6/29/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
S & F

I'm all for the environment but I cringe whenever Green Peace start a new campaign.

They blame everyone else for the environments woes then chug out to sea in a crappy old diesel boat that pumps more pollution in to the environment to save the environment....WTF?

They get a steady 9.5/10 on my moron-o-meter....second only to Peta who get a solid 10/10

/rant

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Oh, dear. My mistake.
edit on 6/29/2011 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Lets see. As I recall, Ole Darth Vader started out life as a good guy. Then he sort of lost his way and fell in with a bad clique. Then in the end, he was a good guy again, redeemed himself, and even got into Jedi heaven! But, with Greenpeace, if your not "one" of them, no matter what you do, no matter what you say, you can never find "redemption". So, in my mind, Greanpeace is MORE like the "Empire" from the "Star Wars" than anything else. And I'd rather think I'm more like old Darth Vader, not perfect, but in the end, worthy of redemption! Of course, the commercial is pure Greenpeace mob-mentality, 10 kids ganging up on one kid. I thought progressive people said that "bullying" is bad. All little Darth was trying to do was start his VW, but of course, he needs to die for that right, Green-PEACE?
edit on 29-6-2011 by CosmosKid because: spelling

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
oh please. co2 emissions are among the smallest problems the environment faces. not to mention they are pushing for co2 reform on ONE car maker. the difference it would make is very small. its laughable, and its sad that some people will take this seriously.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The morons from Greenpeace should stop breathing, they are emitting CO2... they would solve their problem and solve our problem...

Come one Greenpeace, man up and stop breathing or you are hypocrites!

edit on 29-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

top topics

join