It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Politics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
(The Following will be a stream of my ideas and observations on the study of Politics; but more importantly, psychology.)

Politics, as I see it, have become nothing more than smear and propaganda. People might not see it, but the lines between Entertainment and the Informative have gotten blurred. We have allowed a "Reality TV" mindset to seize our Capitol, our Country, and our Rights!

I also fear that a lot of what is being talked about on the MSM is nothing more than social engineering. From my standpoint... critical thinking is drawing its last breaths.

My aim with this thread is to carefully point out how Language and Psychology can "trap" you into a frame of thinking, merely by suggested the idea to you indirectly.

Example: I am prosecuting an ACCUSED Child Abuser and I wan't the jury to think they ARE a child abuser. The defendant will be allowed to speak on their behalf, but they are allowed only yes or no questions.

By simply asking; "Do you still beat your kids?" - Regardless of how they respond, the jury will be lead to the "emotional thought" that at one time they did in fact beat their kids.

By using leading statements, social engineers can bend the will of ANYONE; providing they are unaware that they are being influenced.

Here is a current example of a Leading Statement within our Political world:
Obama Calls People Earning $250,000 a Year ‘Jet Owners’

Here is what Obama said:

I think it’s only fair to ask an oil company or a corporate jet owner that’s doing so well to give up that tax break….I don’t think that’s real radical.

This little quote, whether intentional or not, leads people to believe that only those making enough to purchase a Jet Airplane will be taxed. As the linked article points out, this is not the case. You would be surprised how many businesses make over $250,000. I have worked for a few a companies that were locally owned, employee ran, and drew in some money. These companies also had HUGE expenses and a lot of employees.

If statements like the one Obama made today pass as Democratic Talking-Points... they don't stand a chance in 2012.

NOTE: It should be made clear that I am a Political Atheist and trust neither party!

Anyone else care to offer some other "leading statements" they have witnessed.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
While I don't have any examples of leading statements at hand--nor the desire to go trawling for them at this hour in this headspace--I will echo a similar disgust for "politspeak", which is honed to the highest degree in Australia and practised with unwavering professionalism by our twisted politicians.

Getting a straight answer from any of them seems impossible. A journalist might ask a question that is half-way decent and the response is a roundabout spiel which hardly addresses the issue and ends up parroting some well-rehearsed message formulated by back-room staffers and press secretaries. It is a joke, one that no longer amuses me. It is a wonder our "leaders" have the time to do their jobs, with all the practising of how to not answer a question and how to mis-direct an inquiry they must go through.

Then again, we don't seem to have many journalists who are prepared to cut their plastic talk off and say "ah, what just a f*******g minute, could you please ANSWER THE QUESTION I ASKED!?" It is sickening...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
You are correct in your observation of political rhetoric. It is intentionally missleading, evasive and nonsensical. They have perfected the art of using our language to say utterly nothing.

However, they are not the only culprits. It boils down to corporate ideology and its propagation. It is these very parasites that perpetuated the use of our beautiful language to its now sinister and apathetic apex. Their use of words to convey a sense of urgency and compassion to all who fall prey to their linguistic fraudulence.

It is the ability to say one thing and mean the exact opposite that sets all of these sub-human parasites apart from the rest of society. Wolves in sheeps clothing doesn't go far enough to describe them, because even wolves exist on an instinctual understanding, and wouldn't prey on their own kind.

I am against violence toward fellow man, but are these men? How can they be men when they have sacrificed their humanity in pursuit of monotary gain?

No offence intended to the OP, but I hope that you hold your humanity higher than the ill-interpreted "law" (and I use the term loosely). I am almost certain you do or you would not have made this post.

To all who read this thread, understand the OP's point, and read the underlying meanings of everything that is uttered by the politicos and corporate cronies.

They are disgusting creatures, you should show them no pity when the time comes.

new topics

join