It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winning DUI Defense: Blame it on the ones you killed & injured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This really takes the cake!

A guy in Norfolk, Virginia just got found NOT GUILTY because he said that his passengers distracted him. His BAC was 0.10, he survived while the majority of his passengers didn't.

Here's the article: hamptonroads.com...

There are many angles to the story, so be sure to read it to the end. Much of it doesn't add up and stories are conflicting. I guess it's been determined though that he was going 80mph and the crash happened as he was rounding a curve.

And then there's this (Kok was a female passenger killed in the crash):

During the trip north on Granby Street, the backseat passengers acted up and just over the Granby Street bridge, something struck him sharp in the jaw, he testified. He blacked out, he testified.

A paramedic at the scene testified that he found Kok without her pants on the median.

Under cross-examination, he said the pants may have been removed by witnesses to pull her from the mangled, burning car.

Sacks argued to the jury on Monday that a pair of pants thrown around the back seat may have played a role in the crash. "There is reasonable doubt about what happened in that car," Sacks told jurors.

In my opinion, I bet he was distracted, but he still should've been responsible and not gotten behind the wheel; his speeding while intoxicated speaks volumes about his level of maturity. One can only guess what was happening in the back seat of his car. The woman found dead without any pants on cannot tell her side of the story. Very sad indeed. May the victims of this terrible and unnecessary accident rest in peace and may their loved ones also find peace.

In my opinion, I hope this man is forever jolted awake by nightmares of this accident for the remainder of his life.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Sometimes, I hate our justice system.

Everytime i think we are taking a step forward, something like this sends us two step back.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well, I'm amazed! Everyone wants to discuss a DUI when the guy from Jackass dies, but not a word about this guy's victims or him getting to go free.

I just don't know anymore.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Finally! Someone who cares and believes that this is an atrocity!

Thanks for your comment.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
We as a society have become so saturated with the idea of entitlement and a startling lack of understanding of personal responsibility...it's no wonder that a jury of peers can't make the proper judgment when they don't even have a handle on what truly consitutes justice.

top topics

join