It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bunkers being built in the Spratlys both the Chinese and Vietnamese

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Interesting to read article out today, especially with the Phillipine gov't cry for U.S. to help with arms... Yahoo news ...

The Spratlys have of a long history of contention between Asian nations, and with economic tensions and resource pressures on emerging markets, seems primed to blow.

China has new military hardware coming online soon, and could really give the U.S. a bloody nose via North Korea. Let them chew on that bone, and maybe throw Iran into the mix. Just random speculation on the way the crazy events of these times.

Heres a snip;

The Vietnamese earlier refurbished an old South Vietnamese airstrip on Big Spratly Island. Recently, both the Chinese and Vietnamese were seen building more structures, including armed bunkers, on the Spratly islands they occupy. Malaysia has built an air strip on its Spratly island, which it uses to fly in tourists looking for prime scuba diving. There are now believed to be at least six air strips in Spratlys.

And a link to the story.

Seems if a diplomatic solution cannot be found, a military one will be offered.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
All I can say is if your going to fight your war over oil in the Spratley's and your plan on doing it from a bunker, build 'em deep, because coral doesn't make that great of a building material unless you give it a chance to harden up for a couple of decades ! ! ! !! ! ! ! !

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I always thought, that the Spratley Islands belonged to the Phillipines...(& I'm Vietnamese).

China & Vietnam are beefing against each other over the South China Sea.

Anyway, bunkers being built sounds slightly worrying...Let's hope the U.S can actually step in & defuse the situation before it starts to get out of hand..

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I seriously doubt this'll lead to WW3, but perhaps we could see a war between these two countries for the first time since 1979.........

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Regarding North Korea, I'm surprised they can even fight a gnat, just read about how even their once privileged military is starving now and malnourished. I guess with all the nuclear weaps. you just need enuf strength to push a button over there?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by saintinwaiting

They also have vast amounts of artillery, that don't need to be fed. An invasion by N. Korea would lead to a committment of US forces, which are already strung out.

Not saying they would win, but with unconventional tactics and surprise, would keep the US military busy for a while.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well this is a blast from the past.......

.....the more things change....

....the more they stay the same

It's been a long time.

top topics

join