It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very late to pick up Puppy Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'm bought a dog from a very reputable breeder and he's being shipped across the country. It was scheduled for today... but upon arrival to the airport last the breeder had to reschedule because the stupid vet receptionist put the wrong date on his travel paper causing us to reschedule. It was past the 24hour cancellation period so we (the breeder and I) had to repay for shipping. After receiving furious phone calls from both of us, the vet reimbursed all examination, shot fees, etc. It almost made having to pay twice for shipping free... which I split with breeder because he's been so nice me. The airport is 1 1/2 hrs away from his house and he's making four trips without complaining or charging extra ....It's the least I can do!

So the puppy is coming in at eleven AM tomorrow.... my nephew has to have an emergency tooth extraction at 11am. He's terrified and in extreme pain and I'm the only one who can take him. To make matters worse we have no car...so we have to take a train to the dentist then a cab. Then I have to take him home before going to the airport. Then I have to CAB again to Laguardia. This could make me 4-5 hours late to pick-up my puppy and he's already gonna be in his crate for over ten hours. I can't reschedule to dentist appointment because that would be just wrong. My breeders is on the way to the airport with no phone and I have no way of reaching him. Plus, I don't want to have to schedule ANOTHER flight.

What do I do? I was thinking of calling a pet transport service to pick up the dog and bring him to me... but it's my name on the forms... would the airport even release to them? I know the airport isn't going to feed him or take him for a walk.... or would they?

I have no idea what's going to happen with the dog tomorrow. Any suggestions.

Edit- Or maybe a transport service could hold him until I can get to him??? They'd probably take better care than the airport.

edit on 6/29/2011 by Shane Void because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane Void

Too bad you don't live in Canada... Call West Jet... Owners care... or something...

No really tho if you got a West Jet where you live call them and tell them the deal, they will usually send a johnny boy to take care of it especially if its a pet. You never know till you call right? Maybe the first person that picks up the phone is a dog lover and will jump at the chance.

-Lightrule

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Call the airport where the puppy is coming in and talk with someone in the baggage area that will be receiving the pup. Ask if they can hold him for you. If you get lucky, they might let him out to potty, but they may not.

Puppies are shipped from overseas and can spend 10 hours in a crate. They'll probably mess up the crate pretty badly, but that can be cleaned. Make sure you take stuff with you to clean the pup.

edit on 6/29/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightrule

It's of a matter of the airline releasing the dog to someone who is not me. I mean I have to bring my ID and everything.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Similar to what Lightrule said, call the airline and explain everything to them. At the very least they may have a suggestion on what you could do. I'm sure this isn't the first time something like this has happened to one of their customers.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Call them and ask them if they'll release the puppy to the puppy transport. They do this kind of thing all the time. I had to pick up both my puppies.

What breed?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'm worried about him being starving, scared in an unfamiliar place. He'll probably be dehydrated as well. Plus with all the temperature fluctuations on the plane.... it's gotta be very traumatic. Are they just going to toss him in a closet somewhere?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm sure in NYC they have all type of dog sitter/walker services. I'm suprised no one there has any type of animal shipping altogether as opposed to a regular flight. I have heard of one getting started in Cali.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Bless your heart I feel your concern. I would call
the airlines today and perhaps tomorrow as well
since shifts change to make sure he will be taken
care of. Be sure and have water with you when you
pick him up. I feel things will be find, I can tell you
are going to be good to your pup - can we get
a pic later please.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Did you call the airport? That's what you have to do. Tell them you have a puppy coming in and you want to speak with the department where he will be received. And yes, as Daisy said, call them again tomorrow. Get a direct number you can call and talk to the person who receives the puppy. You can ask them to give the puppy some water. He won't starve in 10 hours.

Please call them.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Gonna call as soon as I get home.
Thanks everyone
Will give updates.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shane Void

Will give updates.