It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

88% of Blacks Think Economy Good Under Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

They would think it was demeaning, and it would have nothing to do with the fact that it says "blacks". It would have to do with the fact that the poll in question makes the black community err African American community look ignorant to the economy situation under Obama, which IS offensive.

I would be offended too if a bunch of idiots took a poll, someone named it "Bush Jr strategies very popular among whites". (80% LOVE him!) NOT because it says "whites", but because a bunch of idiots took that poll.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by jonibelle

How many blacks in America actually care about their ancestry, though?
It's so sickening to hear some black people's excuses for some things.
"We were slaves, man!"

###SNIP### you've never done a bit of hard work in your life, compared to slavery. What do you know about slavery? Your parents are 40.

Who said ANYTHING about slavery?? You sound self-hating.

And to answer your question, i am African-American/Black and i care GREATLY about my ancestry!! One of my great grandfathers was an actual King responsible for MANY great things!!

Google the Willie Lynch letter and then you will understand how the past affects my future!!
edit on Wed Jun 29 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by jonibelle

Our HR officer who is black told me that the term "African American" is appropriate. It doesn't matter to me, I want to keep my employees happy, It is frustrating to be considered racially insensitive when the goal posts are constantly being moved.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
I dunno about the u.s but here in the u.k. Your title would be considered borderline racist. We can't just use the word blacks to describe black people.. It's very un pc here.

Nonsense !

Referring to people as ''black'' is not considered racist at all - at least, not in my part of England. It is the most common way in which black people will refer to themselves and others of their race.

You'll find that most of those who make a big deal out of supposed ''racist'' terms are the fearful, bigoted, Daily Fail reading white right-wingers, and the snivelling, self-hating, self-flagellating and patronising white leftists.

Invariably, the people from the racial group who are supposed to be offended by these manufactured ''slurs'', aren't really that bothered. It's just the staunch right-wingers and left-wingers who use this as a political football.

Terms such as ''British Caribbean'' or ''black British'' are far rarer and much less prevalent than the usage of ''African American'' in the USA.

You should be thankful that we live in a country with much more racial cohesion than the US, where the issue of race seems to rear its ugly head in every single facet of their society.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

They would think it was demeaning, and it would have nothing to do with the fact that it says "blacks". It would have to do with the fact that the poll in question makes the black community err African American community look ignorant to the economy situation under Obama, which IS offensive.

I would be offended too if a bunch of idiots took a poll, someone named it "Bush Jr strategies very popular among whites". NOT because it says "whites", but because a bunch of idiots took that poll.

Finally an intelligent answer. Now i ask you this:

If your African-American friends would be upset at the way this poll makes us (African-Americans) look then what makes you believe this is a factual poll?? You stated yourself how silly it sounds and that no one black you know would even agree with it.

The OP and the article are blatant attempts at subliminal racism. Look at all the comments about government checks and obama haven a "stash".

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD

How many blacks in America actually care about their ancestry, though?
It's so sickening to hear some black people's excuses for some things.
"We were slaves, man!"

*SNIP* you've never done a bit of hard work in your life, compared to slavery. What do you know about slavery? Your parents are 40.

Who said ANYTHING about slavery?? You sound self-hating.

And to answer your question, i am African-American/Black and i care GREATLY about my ancestry!! One of my great grandfathers was an actual King responsible for MANY great things!!

Google the Willie Lynch letter and then you will understand how the past affects my future!!

Ohhhh, so you're one of THOSE Black people eh?
One of the Jesse Jackson's? Gotcha!

And Kudo's to him. No googling needed, I believe you.

Me? Self-hating. Once again, please explain.
And slavery I used in reference to the blacks who use slavery to "defend" some of their actions, the only time their "history" or "ancestry" will ever be mentioned out of their mouths.
edit on 6/29/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Removed Profanity.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I'm not saying the poll is factual. I'm inclined to think that it isn't. (I hope
) I'm simply saying, as I have been saying all along that it's ludicrous to get offended by the usage of the word "Black". Can't you see what all this PC nonsense is doing to make this racist issue (among other issues) WORSE?

edit on 29-6-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
It would be nice if we didn't need to identify people by color, race of sex, but that is not realistic. It seems to me that "black" or "African American" are the generally acceptable term. I will use whatever pleases the majority.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I doubt it is factual, as well.
And like my first post said, if people really were polled, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's probably the same black people that had the mind set that a black president would be working specifically for them

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

The OP and the article are blatant attempts at subliminal racism. Look at all the comments about government checks and obama haven a "stash".

Which is why I put it in The Global Meltdown area.. I could have put this in the political areas, or even current events.. I specifically put it here to show how some people show such ignorance when it comes to how things are being run..

I stated black because it was shorter and the over all I shortened the whole title of what the site stated..

I found this to be also offensive not because of who took this post but how delusional the(us All) people are..
How can someone state this president is making things better when things have inflated more in the last few yrs than they have in the last 20. How can they say its better when unemployment is still hovering around 9%.. There is no mistake of why I put this post here.. It is what it is.. The people dont have a clue what is going on..

Anyway I aint racist, if you think so then well good for you.. I guess if you were able to see past my 250 posts you would see I talked about my kids every so often.. 25% black, 50% white, and 25% Native American.. Interesting how people peg anyone as a racist eh..

reply to post by Wookiep

I doubt it is factual, as well.
And like my first post said, if people really were polled, I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's probably the same black people that had the mind set that a black president would be working specifically for them

Or the ones who thought Obama money was free..
edit on 6/29/2011 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

That sounds so ignorant. I am AFRICAN-AMERICAN talking about my ancestry and never once used the word slave. YOU are the ONLY person to bring up slavery this entire thread!! THAT IS A FACT!! That is why i feel you are self hating plain and simple.

As far as my anger at this thread goes... i believe i have a VERY valid point when the OP is about African-American opinion and the most starred quote is this:

let the government checks stop rolling in
and see if they have the same opinion.

THAT STATEMENT ALONE SPEAKS VOLUMES!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

BTW

Love your avatar. Who knew John Lennon was a closet Republican!

www.torontosun.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

That sounds so ignorant. I am AFRICAN-AMERICAN talking about my ancestry and never once used the word slave. YOU are the ONLY person to bring up slavery this entire thread!! THAT IS A FACT!! That is why i feel you are self hating plain and simple.

As far as my anger at this thread goes... i believe i have a VERY valid point when the OP is about African-American opinion and the most starred quote is this:

let the government checks stop rolling in
and see if they have the same opinion.

THAT STATEMENT ALONE SPEAKS VOLUMES!!!!!!!!!

I told my bf that my post would anger you, and I was right. Stop being so sensitive, dude.
You're seeing past my point, as would any other self-righteous black person.

And please explain my self-hating.
edit on 29-6-2011 by jonibelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
It would be nice if we didn't need to identify people by color, race of sex, but that is not realistic. It seems to me that "black" or "African American" are the generally acceptable term. I will use whatever pleases the majority.

The only reason i brought it up was the SOURCE says African-American which applies to me. If it had said Jamaicans or Dominicans i wouldn't have cared a bit (because it wouldn't apply to me).

The OP switched the word to "Blacks". One word can make a BIG difference.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

they must have polled this woman the sad part is its not an issue of race anyone who thinks things are all fine and dandy are not living in reality.

and around 49% of african americans are receiving some form of "entitlement" so it stands that most will think its just great.

this is what you get when you dumb down the american public educational system.

and that goes to every race in this country.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Why does it matter? African American = black, Caucasian = white, I can go on if you want..

If you want me to change it I will.. Word is a word is a word is a word.. That is all.. It is only how much depth someone puts into said words that makes them so powerful..

Ohh and it seems that I have been tagged as a troll.. Look where the post ended up at..

The post was originally in Global Meltdown.. And Neo thanks for finding that video.. Kinda makes my point in my last post better.
edit on 6/29/2011 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

The only reason i brought it up was the SOURCE says African-American which applies to me. If it had said Jamaicans or Dominicans i wouldn't have cared a bit (because it wouldn't apply to me).

What the source says is one thing, but what they mean is another thing.
They mean BLACK PEOPLE

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Finally an intelligent answer. Now i ask you this: If your African-American friends would be upset at the way this poll makes us (African-Americans) look then what makes you believe this is a factual poll?? You stated yourself how silly it sounds and that no one black you know would even agree with it. The OP and the article are blatant attempts at subliminal racism. Look at all the comments about government checks and obama haven a "stash".

No sir, if you are born in AMERICA then you are AMERICAN and BLACK......thats what you are.....your mom and dad maybe from Africa, that makes them African Americans.......

You know what, im sorry but screw all that, screw the slavery and everything else........

Im tired of hearing about it, get over it!

This black agenda (and its not all black people by any means) with the whole jesse jackson crutch is ignorance at the highest level.....

In comparison to what happen to MY ancestors of this country, slavery was MINOR.

White people took ALL the land, killed my ancestors off intentionally with disease and when that wasnt effiecient enough , wiped out whole nations with military, and then stuck them on reservations , hole'd up to die...........

Do you see them marching in the streets and asking for reparations and feeling sorry for themselves?

Get over it..........[
edit on 29-6-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Thank youuuuu!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join