It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

88% of Blacks Think Economy Good Under Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I shortened the title cause it wouldn't fit in the header.. Anyway..

88% of Black people conducted in a large(according to them) poll shows that 88% believe the economy is better under Obama and 12% think it was good under bush..

Link Here
A new poll conducted by the largest social network for African-Americans, BlackPlanet.com, and NewsOne.com, shows that 88 percent of African-Americans believe the economy has been better under President Obama than former president George W. Bush.

And

Link Here
Only 12 percent of BlackPlanet/NewsOne users believed the economy was better under former president Bush.

I dont know where these people or who these people were polled but I don't think it matters who is in office the economy sucked right after bush got into office(after 9/11 to be exact) and continues to suck now.. It dont matter if its black or a white president, hell it wouldn't matter if it was a black woman president the economy will still suck.

Anyway thoughts?
edit on 6/29/2011 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
96% 0f the statistics in any article are made up on the spot.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
You and I must get our news from the same place.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This isn't surprising - the economy is just as F'd up under Obama as it was under Bush, and with that ambiguity why wouldn't blacks be biased toward Obama (when forced to chose)?

Also, many people blame Bush for the trouble this nation is in, and so they won't really be answering the question Pollers think they are asking.

Bad Poll Question + Ambiguity + Racial Bias = the results of this poll.

Not surprising at all.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I don't pay taxes for people who think that everything is "ok!!" I pay taxes for people that know how to make things "ok!"

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Racism is definitely a pretty rampant problem in the black community, hell the truth is everyone is racist, it's just to what degree.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I'm black and the economy isn't that bad for me and my family. My mom still has a good job, and she doesn't work for the govt. Most of the people in my neighborhood have a decent job that doesn't involve selling drugs or prostitution. So, Idk the economy doesn't look that bad from my pow.

That might just be because of where I live though.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
What percentage of white Americans believe the same ? Or Hispanics ? Or any other racial or cultural group ?

I don't think the ''black'' aspect to these poll results is too relevant, unless the figures deviate wildly from the overall national average of people who come from the same political and socio-economic background as those who were polled.

link   
reply to post by Carseller4

By your statement there I can tell that you aren't to bright either.

link   

Originally posted by Tephra
Racism is definitely a pretty rampant problem in the black community, hell the truth is everyone is racist, it's just to what degree.

I agree. Your statement is evidenced by a couple of posts in this thread already.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
let the government checks stop rolling in
and see if they have the same opinion.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If these statistics are real, I am pretty sure the people surveyed were the blacks in the ghetto or impoverished communities. The same ones that were interviewed and said they were voting for Obama for the sole purpose of having a black president.
Things like that, I believe, are done to keep the stereotype of all blacks being uneducated and ignorant going. Now that the country has failed you can blame it on those same blacks.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

So they asked 1,100 people and 88% of them said this? We are 100% sure that everyone polled was African-American because the website they polled was called BlackPlanet?

By the way, you could have used the original title (which said African-Americans) and it would have fit. Nobody uses BlackPlanet anymore and even in it's heyday it was only 50% African-American. How do you like them stats buddy

edit on 6/29/2011 by ProphecyPhD because: typo

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I dunno about the u.s but here in the u.k. Your title would be considered borderline racist. We can't just use the word blacks to describe black people.. It's very un pc here..

Not a criticism at you op, just saying how it is..

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
post removed by staff

Wow, if there was an award for most racist comment of the day, I think you would have just won it, with that one.

And besides, you need to reread the article. The poll suggests that 88% of the black people who took this unofficial poll, happen to think the economy is better under Obama than it was under Bush.... Big difference between saying that and saying the economy is good.

So, do yourself a favor, don't talk about the bell curve, because you have just failed your own little test, there buddy.
edit on Wed Jun 29 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I'm black and when I see the word "Economy" I think of nightmares. I don't know about you but they must be watching their idiot box and drinking their GMO soda.
I just don't see it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Hmm what word do you propose people use to describe black people then? Saying black is bad now? Definately can't say "colored" The "N" word is hella hella out of the question etc... How about darker pigmented individuals?? What ISN'T racist now days, is what I'd like to know!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
should it not say 88% of Blacks "POLLED" in what ever group it was in, surely you could have fitted a extra word in the title. your tryn to hard dude lol weak

what we have here is someone trying too hard to be controversial on a internet forum, Epic Fail

edit on 29-6-2011 by AdonisDNA because: Epic Fail

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join