It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi official: Riyadh will seek nukes if Iran gets them

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

yeah the saudis are richer then sin and are actualy a pretty darn big country not to mention they have the best equpment they could buy from us and pretty much any one else they wanted so i agree saudi wont go down quietly weather from within or without

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheButcher23

Buddhists, really? Maybe it's not a religion problem, but just a human problem.

With the Saudi ties to the US, and the US ties with Israel...wonder how that'd work out. I'd imagine as well that the Saudis could develop nukes far faster than Iran.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

You for real?

I think Saudi would be THE most difficult middle eastern nation to take.

I do believe they already have or are mucking about with nukes.

But I agree with them, if Iran get nukes there needs to be a counter.

Saudi Arabia funded Pakistans nuclear weapons program.....to say they wouldn;t have received some nukes in return would be an understatement. Like mentioned by another member earlier...this announcement by saudi now is just to bring their covert program out into the open.

Exposed: Saudi Arabia secret nuke stash!

January 22, 2010

JERUSALEM – Pakistan's nuclear weapons project was partially financed by Saudi Arabia, with the two countries sharing nuclear technology, a senior Egyptian security official told WND.

"The Saudis are confident they have a nuclear option via Pakistan," said the security official. "The Pakistani nukes are also Saudi nukes."

The official said an agreement between the two countries was secretly inked seven years ago, although at the time such a pact was strongly denied by both Saudi and Pakistani officials.

And this source back from 2006 -

Saudi secretly working with Pak experts

Saudi Arabia is working secretly on a nuclear programme, with help from Pakistani experts, the German magazine Cicero reports in its latest edition, citing western security sources.
It says that during the Haj pilgrimages to Mecca in 2003 through 2005, Pakistani scientists posed as pilgrims to come to Saudi Arabia in aircraft laid on by the oil-rich kingdom.

Between October 2004 and January 2005, some of them took the opportunity to "disappear" from their hotel rooms, sometimes for up to three weeks, it quoted German security expert Udo Ulfkotte as saying.

According to western security services, the magazine added, Saudi scientists have been working since the mid-1990s in Pakistan, a nuclear power since 1998 thanks to the work of the now-disgraced Pakistani scientist Abdul Qadeer Khan.

The magazine also said satellite images prove that Saudi Arabia has set up in al-Sulaiyil, South of Riyadh, a secret underground city and dozens of underground silos for missiles.

According to some western security services, long-range Ghauri-type missiles of Pakistani-origin are housed inside the silos.

The Saudi's are armed to the teeth.......I wouldn't be surprised if Iran knows this also.

To be honest getting Saudi Arabia to take on Iran would be Israel's and USA's wet dream......it would take the last remaining two countries of any infleunce out of the picture in the region leaving Israel to bully what is left.
edit on 29/6/11 by Melbourne_Militia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
To quote Martin Van Creveld a leading Israeli historian " Had the Iranians not tried to build nuclear weapons, they would be crazy. "
NYT Article

Its looks fairly ominous .

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Can you get a map which shows all countries military bases in the middle east? Say England, UN, Nato, and others?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Not to be smart, but you must be very young-like most on this fantasy site. UN, NATO, are not countries. England? You mean Great Britain or the UK? I havent heard of anyone speak of "England" in some time.

Originally posted by Redevilfan09
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Can you get a map which shows all countries military bases in the middle east? Say England, UN, Nato, and others?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Riyadh will not be getting any nukes from Iran. The US is about to strike Iran by air land and sea. It has been shown in a vision to a friend of mine by the name of Linda Newkirk.

It is all about to hit the fan, why? Revelation 12 is coming to a close, and The Sons of God Are Coming!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheButcher23
A NEW test for each country should be introduced.

Any country that wants to have nukes should have to answer this one basic question. The correct answer MUST be NO!!

q) Does your country have anything to do with Muslims, Catholics, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists or any other kind of organized religion?

If you can satisfy that your country has nothing to do with the above YOU may have Nukes.

This is meaningless.

In case you forget, the Cold War was fought by the US and an atheist Soviet Union. God fearing or not, either side could have been the first to push the button.

And I am not a religious person, but it's quite obvious that even atheist countries, quite often communist or fascist, have been responsible for a tremendous amount of death worldwide.

Religion doesn't have to be bad.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
It has been whispered at and hinted for years that the Saudis' are seeking a nuclear weapons capability. Undoubtedly if the Iranians tested a bomb, the Saudis would soon after, provided Israel or the US didn't immediately flatten Iran directly after the test.

Both the Saudis and Israelis would view a nuclear Iran as an existential threat.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Jihad means struggle, any action which is a struggle for good can be considered Jihad, it does not mean holy war. If someone attacks you and your family and you fight back it's Jihad, If you try and give up smoking it's Jihad, if you fight in a war for your people it's Jihad.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway this isn't really a surprise to see Saudi Arabia contemplating rivalling Iran's alleged nuclear weapons program. One has to realise that Saudi Arabia and Iran are probably the two most influential nations in the region (excluding Israel of course) since they are both historically opposed to each other's religious authority (there have been many incidents in the past between Saudi Arabia and Iran). Saudi Arabia being an 'officially' pro-western regime, no doubt they are one of the main counter balances in the region to Iranian influence.
edit on 30-6-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Your right about this. This is how the Kingdom demands of the US to do a first strike on Iran. They just dangle oil over our heads and we jump in line. We all know war is big business for the MIC in western countries and corporate business conducts policy in D.C.. We always fall for the justification of war through the words of Freedom.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Do you even know what jihad means? It is an inner struggle between ones self and the evil of the world. It is a battle within oneself. You used the word "holy war" and jihad because you heard it on TV or while you were watching Durka durka muhammad jihad. Just a little brainwashed sheep.

I have prepared some grass for you to chew on the pastures. Now go on my good little sheep, say Baaahh

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

that may be true, but from what i can remember of studying islam, jihad does mean "struggle" (as an unaccompanied noun), but it was only relatively recently that it was given a myriad of non-military meanings.

what do you promise a bunch of poor desert dwellers to get them to fight for you? convince them that if they die, they'll get paradise with women, riches, and food. and that's exactly what happened. look at the muslim conquests, and then tell me "jihad" doesn't have connotations of war.

edit on 30-6-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

as opposed to the C religion where you get your reward IF you were good on earth.

sounds a little more realistic to me than just getting my butt blown away for being an idiot.

sorry.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I think Saudi would be THE most difficult middle eastern nation to take.

Why? SA has no water. All you would need to do is destroy the desalinization plants, and they would have to sue for peace.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Do you even know what jihad means? It is an inner struggle between ones self and the evil of the world. It is a battle within oneself. You used the word "holy war" and jihad because you heard it on TV or while you were watching Durka durka muhammad jihad. Just a little brainwashed sheep.

I have prepared some grass for you to chew on the pastures. Now go on my good little sheep, say Baaahh

Wow!

That was the most arrogant, unnecissary response i have ever seen on ATS, bar none.

Does it make you feel like a big man to belittle others "mistakes"? I say mistakes like that because I do not believe he said anything wrong.

Jihad in Islam, a term meaning "struggle"; used without any qualifiers it is generally understood in the West to refer to a "holy war" on behalf of Islam.

This is from Wikipedia. I know you will say it is a elite site used to keep us "sheeple" in line, but yes. In the West Jihad is generally known as a "holy war".

Your arrogance knows no bounds.

edit on 30-6-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby

What in the hell do they hope to accomplish by acquiring nukes?
If one of them goes the other will surely follow. What is the point?

The point is,

When was the last time a nation who HAD nukes got attacked by the US? Or any other nation? And how many times has a nation WITHOUT nukes been attacked by the US or the "allies?"

Having nukes makes you safer, because the attacker DOES have to fear mutual destruction. Not having nukes just makes you a sitting duck for any country with a stronger army or more friends than you, ESPECIALLY if you are sitting on a lot of valuable resources.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

That was the most arrogant, unnecissary response i have ever seen on ATS, bar none.

Damn. And I have tried so hard to be number one.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Saudi Arabia financed the Pakistani Nuclear Bomb program.

Why? To have nukes of their own to keep the US/England from toppling them.

--Bin Laden wanted US military out of Saudi Arabia- he won, US military kicked out of Saudi Arabia

--Saudi Arabia then declared they were going to CEASE accepting US dollars for oil and start the Gulf Monetary Union. CIA got Obama elected to calm them down and make them happy....all their debts paid off....Victory Mosque on Ground Zero for their successful attack on the US....$60 Billion in free US military hardware

--Saudi Riyal is NO LONGER PEGGED TO THE US DOLLAR. You need 4 US dollars to get 1 Saudi Riyal...and it's going to get worse.

Saudi Arabia is the ONLY country that has ever said "we aren't accepting US dollars for oil"...and we didn't attack them. Why? They have NUKES. They have missile silos. They have the largest air base in the world...they have....well I cant tell you what US military hardware they have because our politicians would get very very mad if that was leaked...enough Bombers and Fighters to keep our Carrier Battle Groups away for awhile.

They also have THE largest dairy farm in the WORLD. They were getting ready to live WITHOUT the US for some time. Odd to drive around the deserts of Saudi and smell cow pooh......they've got plenty of food and milk to live without us.

They hate us. You will not find 1 Saudi that likes America. None, doesn't exist. They've been plotting to fight us since they found out we were plotting to take them over from Diego Garcia.

This whole "Saudi will get nukes if IRan does" is LAUGHABLE. Saudi already HAS nukes...and they hate Americans MORE than the citizens of Iran. The citizens of Iran actually like Americans, it's just their leaders that are nutjobs and can't quit bringing up Israel......but that's a goal they have in common with Saudi Arabia.....they HATE israel as well.

See what's going to happen? Saudi & Iran will attack Israel.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Saudi Arabia and Iran will not attack Israel together.

As much as they both hate Israel, the Saudis and Iranians hate each other as well. They both vie for control of the middle east and the Saudis recently helping out with the crackdown in Bahrain almost drove the two states to war.

If they were both to attack Israel, it will certainly NOT be a coordinated effort.
edit on 30-6-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join