It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaida web communications crippled by unknown hacker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It appears that some hackers have brought Al-Qaida's way of communicating via the Internet to there knees by getting in to there site and preventing there "normal" flow of communication and videos that go out to the world,

They believe that this has happened within the past few days and officials say that it cold take sometime to fix.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Al-Qaida's online communications have been temporarily crippled, and it does not have a single trusted distribution channel available on the Internet," said Evan Kohlmann, of Flashpoint Global Partners, which monitors the group's communications.

So could this be another Government hacker?

Kohlmann said the latest incident "once again appears to bear the telltale fingerprints of government-sponsored hackers."

Interesting to see where this goes in the end, and what if any info comes to light.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
You're welcome. Just doing my part.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Someone hacked into the SITE database?

If this is real watch it be somehow considered "illegal" the government doesn't want people tracking down al qaeda only being scared of them.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Most likely a false flag
That or the lulzec lot hit a jackpot lol ""relatively sophisticated techniques" has to make you wonder what that comments about and makes me wonder if this is some random young hack master (or whatever they are called these days)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Computer hackers shut down al-Qaida's ability to communicate its messages to the world through the Internet

...but thankfully the media will continue to spread their message and keep you well updated especially around election time.

"Al-Qaida's online communications have been temporarily crippled, and it does not have a single trusted distribution channel available on the Internet,"

So I thought al qaeda didn't have their own website? Maybe one of the many experts on ATS can help me out with this, they usually claim that the reason the al qaeda website is never shown is because they don't have any websites. So how can they be hacked if they just troll through various forums?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

I am sure the govt. isn't happy about that. Considering the CIA invented them and the US is currently paying and supporting them in LIbya. We are all treated like terrorists in our own country trying to mind out own business because AL-Queda did the 9/11 attack. While we are losing all of our Freedoms and Rights taxpayers are paying them to overthrow Libya. Who ever took them dowm all I can say is keep it up.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

UK spies hack al-Qaida, replace bomb info with cupcake recipes

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It wasn't Lulzsec, since they are no more. I posted in the other thread and said that I believe this to be a CIA sponsored attack, and I also think the more important question is why now...?
I am almost positive that they possessed the skills and tools necessary to do this years ago, so I am thinking that they wanted them to continue releasing their content, which fits in with what some of you are saying about a "fear campaign."

I don't think there is a very good chance at all of this attack being composed of civilian hackers, and if it was, they were probably government sponsored. It was definitely more than one person, because no one person usually possesses all of the skills necessary for a sophisticated attack.

For instance, look at Lulzsec...They used a 6 man team to complete their hacks, because it takes a variety of knowledge that one person could not possess individually.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The Internet is blessed.

The Jihad will not proceed through the internet. All the talk about "internet shut downs"???

Not for long...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I bet its that kid they just arrested for the hackings in the us the other day. They arrested him last week and all of a sudden they are able to penetrate al CIA da?! Thats using there brains!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
www.msnbc.msn.com...

UK spies hack al-Qaida, replace bomb info with cupcake recipes

Had to star that one, thanks for the laugh. That's just genius.

2nd

top topics

join