It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Michele Bachmann Have any chance at beating Obama ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Michelle Bachman has about as much of a chance of winning as Sarah Palin and Ron Paul.

It's not going to happen people.

It's going to be Romney...we all know it.

Romney may pull a McCain and pick Bachman for VP.

It's McCain/Palin redux!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

. As far as Bachman she is just another mouth piece for the Koch brothers. They have almost everybody running on the Republican party on the payroll. The Koch's and Robert Welch founders of the John Birtch Society Which later founded in 1977 The Belmont Brotherhood also known as National Council at Belmont Mass who launched the ultra extreme right movement.It has also been documented that Congressman Lawrnece McDonald who succeded Robert Welch as the Chairman of John Birch Society founded the Western Goals Foundation. It has been shown that the Western Goals Foundation was connected with Reinhard Gehlen who had been the head of the CIA Gehlen Organization. Reinhard had been the Chief Intelligience officer for Adolph Hitler. Reinhard had traded information for immunity from criminal prosecution and became the head of the most widely used intelligience operation in the US as the Western Goals Foundation. In 1981 WesternGoals Foundation became what is now known as Council for National Policy. There are other German Nazi ties to this group and the consotium of organizations founded by or through the which I will not go into at this time. Anyone who believes that the extreme right is not just another front for the NWO thru Christian Right has not done they research and established the ties. Whether one wants to call it Nazi, Fascism. or simply Insane Powers That Be. They have shown what they want and how they plan to get i.t Nothing can speak louder than HISTORY!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I found this poignant...

Bachmann grew up in a Democratic family, but she says she became a Republican during her senior year at Winona State. She told the Minneapolis Star Tribune that she was reading Gore Vidal's 1973 novel, Burr: "He was kind of mocking the Founding Fathers and I just thought, I just remember reading the book, putting it in my lap, looking out the window and thinking, 'You know what? I don't think I am a Democrat. I must be a Republican.'"

Got to love a deep thinker...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon102
Oppose minimum wage increase? Say huh?!

I know there is this argument that increasing wages brings stress to employers but come on ... what about the rising cost of everything?

No kidding! How can anyone vote for someone that opposes a minimum wage in this day and age? Talk about being out of touch with the average American. Minimum wage should actually be higher than it is.

This lady is dangerously crazy, IMO, and I haven't seen anything from her that would suggest she would bring positive change to this country.

Seems like her MO is to attack Obama and offer solutions like "I oppose minimum wage". Great.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
My answer: NO WAY.

And I wanted to add that I saw the Late Show last night with a Top 10 List about Michele Bachmann....

Top Ten Signs There's Already Trouble at Michele Bachmann Campaign Headquarters

10.Staff spends 50% of time researching facts, other 50% explaining to Michele she got the facts wrong

9.Supply room is down to its last industrial-sized bucket of mascara

8.All the "Romney 2012" bumper stickers

7.They're putting a lot of emphasis on campaigning in Canada

6.Latest strategy: X-ray Bachmann's ass to prove it's real

5.The place is crawling with raccoons

4.Already filling out application for "Dancing With the Stars"

3.She's insisting the pilgrims came to this country to escape Queen Latifah

2.Everyone's under the impression the election's in 2013

1.Most commonly heard phrase: "Huh?"

Late Show Link

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Of course she has a chance to win. Any issue she's talked about that puts her in a bad light she can flip-flop on and have plenty of time to recover from it. Remember that Obama's got a few flip-flops of his own as well as Romney so I don't see this being an issue.

If she get's a good platform on the economy and jobs and can explain it in a way the American people will believe, and does well in the debates she will have a very good chance of winning. This is sort of Obama's game though and he's very good at campaigning.

I would have to wait awhile and see if she rises to the challenge or get's weirder as time goes on.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
For all of you folks that think anyone can beat Obama, you really need to take a look at Real Clear Politics. A generic republican would lose to Obama by 1.4%, Romney is somewhat close only losing by 4.3%, all of the other Republican candidates poll double digit percentages below Obama. Romney is not the answer, Rick Perry is not the answer, he polls closer than Bachman, but still double digits behind. Come on Repubs, bring someone to the table, that independents can believe.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

If you watch politics at all you know that it's way way to early to start looking at poll numbers.

No serious debates have happened yet and this election could go anywhere..it's just way too early to start predicting.

Remember that at this point in the game Hillary was far ahead of Obama and look what happened.
edit on 29-6-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
PolitiFact.com did a comparison of 23 statements Bachmann has made within the political arena and concluded the following about the correctedness of her statements:

True - 1
Mostly True - 0
Half True - 2
Barely True - 4
False - 9
Pants on Fire - 7

You can find the specifics here at PolitiFact.com:

Then there's her interview with Bob Scheiffer of Face the Nation, the transcript of which can be found here from CBS News:

Whether she's purposefully distorting facts to engage in fearmongering or just too obtuse to adequately understand the issues she's trying to address is irrelevant - she comes off as being a fool and in no way qualified to be in politics (IMO). Although she has a more aggressive demeanor and has used her carefully orchestrated rhetoric to play to the anger of many unhappy people in this country, she's no better or worse than Sarah Palin and if either of them were elected, I would seriously consider expatriating to... (oh my goodness, I can't think of a valid alternative that would actually take me!!)

Timidgal

edit on 6/29/2011 by timidgal because: grammar

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

By your scale she averages a "Barely True" answer.

That is a record by DC standards.

Obama would absolutely "Destroy" this woman.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

A generic Republican candidate now holds a four-point lead over President Obama in a hypothetical 2012 election matchup. It's the fifth week in a row that the GOP candidate has been ahead and the widest gap between the candidates to date.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds a generic Republican candidate earns support from 46% of Likely U.S. Voters, while the president picks up 42% of the vote. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate, and nine percent (9%) are undecided.

www.rasmussenreports.com... on_2012_generic_presidential_ballot

One, it's a poll, two it's a Rasmussen poll so flame away.

But if a trend does show that any opponent runs against Obama and can beat him, then yes, Bachmann has a chance.

So far, she has my vote. We'll see.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Anybody has a chance of beating Obama, simply because they are not Obama.
Sound familiar?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

A generic Republican candidate now holds a four-point lead over President Obama in a hypothetical 2012 election matchup. It's the fifth week in a row that the GOP candidate has been ahead and the widest gap between the candidates to date.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds a generic Republican candidate earns support from 46% of Likely U.S. Voters, while the president picks up 42% of the vote. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate, and nine percent (9%) are undecided.

www.rasmussenreports.com... on_2012_generic_presidential_ballot

One, it's a poll, two it's a Rasmussen poll so flame away.

But if a trend does show that any opponent runs against Obama and can beat him, then yes, Bachmann has a chance.

So far, she has my vote. We'll see.

That is your error right there. "Any"

There is a huge difference between "any nominee" and a "generic" blank GOP candidate. Everyone would vote for the GOP or Democrat that they imagine they would like to run, but then they take a look at their actual real life choices.

An imaginary candidate vs real candidate? the imaginary one will ALWAYS win and always does in polls.

And yes it is Rasmussen and yes they already know the above, but tout the poll anyways.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
Anybody has a chance of beating Obama, simply because they are not Obama.
Sound familiar?

Not there yet. Obama would need to spend a few Trillion starting wars where a few thousand US sons and daughters die and then collapse the economy. Then it would start to scratch the surface of sounding familiar. I am not entirely happy with Pres. Obama, but the Obama is Bush thing? That is partisan drunkeness.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Tap dance around the words any way you want. But Obamas' chances are about the same as Paris Hiltons' chances of chairing the next MENSA meeting.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
Michele Bachmann .com

Well, I'll start here...

Bachmann introduced the Light Bulb Freedom of Choice Act, which would require a GAO report show that a change to fluorescent bulbs (CFLs) would have "clear economic, health and environmental benefits" prior to enforcement of lighting efficiency regulations that effectively ban conventional light bulbs.

No comment...

Not a Chinaman's chance in hell, Obama is the Antichrist and he will soon be a full fledged dictator. There will be no election.

Global Warming...

Bachmann has charged that global warming is a hoax[60] and has been a vocal skeptic of global warming

That should wake up the Conspiracy Theorists.

Opposition to the Bailouts

Bachmann opposed both versions of the Wall Street bailout bill for America’s financial sector.

Well.....Thanks from an Independent.

"Obamacare"

Bachmann has characterized the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act as "ObamaCare", and has continually called for its repeal.

Apparently she takes credit for coining the phrase.

Energy Policy

Bachmann opposes minimum wage increases.[125] Bachmann supports increased domestic drilling of oil and natural gas, as well as pursuing renewable sources of energy such as wind and solar, and is a strong proponent of nuclear power.[12

How's that last one working out for Japan?

Her Wiki Page

Do you think this Congresswoman from Minnesota has even the slightest chance of beating Obama?

edit on 29-6-2011 by whyamIhere because: bold repair

edit on 29-6-2011 by whyamIhere because: public schools

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If it comes down to Obama or Bachmann....

I would probably vote for her.

I would vote for a baloney sandwich before giving Obama another term.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by R3KR

I guess I should change that too...

I would vote for a Hot Dog before giving Obama another term.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
NO!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join