It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High pitched sound

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Every day now, for about a year i think, i have been hearing this BLOODY HIGH PITCHED sound while sitting at my computer around late afternoon early evening. I hear it in my family room (located half underground half above). I have a TV, a computer, a stereo, a phew lights, game systems and a phone down here for electronics. It lasts for a bout 10 seconds. Does anyone have a guess as to what this is?

If you need more info as to what I have then i can provide. I dont really understand what it could be. Am i hearing things???? when ever i bring someone over and it starts no one really says anything. It kinda sounds like the remote to my old tv when you press the tune and power button but its a lot louder and its more high pitched. Plus in order to get the sound you have to be physically pressing the buttons. Could it be my CD rom drive??? It doesnt normally make sounds like that and i dont even have a CD in the drive!

I am going to see if i can find out if it happens at a particular time of day. If need be if i am not able to answer it then i will record it.
no im not kidding i dont know what it could be. I dont think anything i have could make a sound like that cause it peirces my ears and makes me shutter. ITS BLOODY HIGH PITCHED. Im not sure what frequency it is at but if i can find some frequency recordings on google i will tell you what frequency it is. Im just asking for help
hard to do if u cant actully wittness it for yourself, but with the vast knowledge of ATS i hope that someone can help

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
SirKillAllott,
You might be suffering from tinnitus
hear is a link on it:
Tinnitus
You should see you doctor on this one and have him test you on it as it can lead to permanent hearing loss

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Well last year i found out that i have an aracnoid cyst in my head. I went for several MRI's and CAT scan's and i got it drained around new years. I have two holes in my head now
and the cyst is still there so it might start up again on me. Do u think that this could have anything to do with tinnitus??

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I could not answer that as there are many different causes of Tinnitus.
Also I am not a doctor. I did work with a kid that was suffering from it.
Normally, the sound is more of a slusshy (ocean wave) noise. other times it is like radio static. others here the very (nearly the limit of hearing) sound.
One of the things that doctors tell someone that suffers from this is to avoid all load noises (always) high emotional stress is also avoided

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Yea i didnt think you were a doctor, but you can always hope
. Ill just go see if i can find out some more about it on google.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
i hear this high pitched sound too only sometimes when im relaxed it kinda like blocks up all other noise and feels like its emitting from my ears

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I hear it as well, and I am sure that it is not tinnitus.

I don't hear it often. I hear it at random times, each time it is the same high-pitched sound.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
maybe he does have tinnitus because he hears like 3 times a day and yea i hear it once in like an infinite billion years

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I get that sometimes, but in my case I'm pretty sure it's tinnitus. It's a fairly high pitched, even tone that builds up first, and doesn't last very long. I only get it very occasionally, so it's never been a problem.

I had a lot of ear problems as a kid (ear infections, surgery to have tubes in the ears) and my hearing isn't as good in my right ear, so I figure that's why I have it.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Just now about a minute ago 11:07 mountain time i heard the stupid ring again. I was downloading Shareaza so that i could see some UFO footage. It lasted for about a minute or more.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Personally I am pretty sensitive to high-pitched sounds. Computers used to drive me nuts, especially older VGA monitors. Now I have a TFT-LCD monitor. Oh yeah, and I can hear dog whistles loud and clear, lol. Always been this way. I know I have a problem with background noise mixing with foreground noise, which kinda makes things worse. Not sure if that gives you any ideas or not. I usually don't hear stuff at remdom times. When my pute is on, I can hear the high-pitch from it (without the monitor) and I can hear the monitor as well (even the LCD). It doesn't change at all.

Another thing to consider is TMJ... it's a jaw disorder that can do the same thing, as well as whiplash can. May want to get checked by your dentist for TMJ (which can lead to whiplash, or rather neck joint disorders).

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirKillallott
Every day now, for about a year i think, i have been hearing this BLOODY HIGH PITCHED sound while sitting at my computer around late afternoon early evening. I hear it in my family room (located half underground half above). I have a TV, a computer, a stereo, a phew lights, game systems and a phone down here for electronics. It lasts for a bout 10 seconds. Does anyone have a guess as to what this is?

If you need more info as to what I have then i can provide. I dont really understand what it could be. Am i hearing things???? when ever i bring someone over and it starts no one really says anything. It kinda sounds like the remote to my old tv when you press the tune and power button but its a lot louder and its more high pitched. Plus in order to get the sound you have to be physically pressing the buttons. Could it be my CD rom drive??? It doesnt normally make sounds like that and i dont even have a CD in the drive!

I am going to see if i can find out if it happens at a particular time of day. If need be if i am not able to answer it then i will record it.
no im not kidding i dont know what it could be. I dont think anything i have could make a sound like that cause it peirces my ears and makes me shutter. ITS BLOODY HIGH PITCHED. Im not sure what frequency it is at but if i can find some frequency recordings on google i will tell you what frequency it is. Im just asking for help
hard to do if u cant actully wittness it for yourself, but with the vast knowledge of ATS i hope that someone can help

No need to be stressed mate!
What you have been experiencing, is a product of your body's vibracional waves, which are higher than the average human's frequency, thus, making you actually "to detect", magnetical waves, that fill our surrounding atmosphere.

The major producer of those waves, are the so called HAARP systems.

They mess with the Weather.... they mess with Us as well.

Cya!

HARAK.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Anybody ever experience pressure in the ear area when these sounds come? i get the high-pitched sound that is quite painfule sometimes. Not regularly, once a week to once a month. I broke my jaw (potential precursor to TMJ problems in the future) five years ago -- but I honestly cannot remember if I had those sounds before. I want to say that I did have them before breaking my jaw.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I do have something small hard thing in my head, it seems to be under my skin at the back. I don't know what it is, but it wasn't there before, and it is too solid to be anything natural.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If it pretty much only happens when you're at your computer, I'll vote for a mundane reason: There's something minor wrong with your monitor.

Try whacking the back of your monitor, near where the electron gun in the CRT should be. One or two whacks should either cause a change in pitch or fix the noise temporarily.

From the monitorsdirect.com website:

There are a number of things that can cause a whiny high-pitched sound. It is almost always due to vibration of a component in the horizontal circuits, most often the flyback transformer or horizontal output transformer. Some times a good whack to the side sometimes temporarily fixes the problem. It will not get better over time only worse.

A service technician should be able to find the offending component and either replaces it, remount it, or add some material, which will stop the vibration. It may also stop if you simply run the monitor at a different resolution or refresh rate.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Thx Whisky Jack, much appretiated. Yea im not sure if i know of an occasion of it occuring upstairs so id assume that it would have something to do with my electircal devices downstairs. Ill take my monitor now and see if they can find anything. Its about 4-5 years old so yea its bound to have some problems. I really need to buy a new computer but, um, er i dont have enough money
. Anyone willing to give me some

:.

[edit on 8/12/2004 by SirKillallott]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yeah, now that it is mentioned, old monitors can start to bring about some pretty irrtating noises. My brothers 14" from 1992 (has had 3 owners) started doing this a year or so ago - the weird thing is that it doesnt sound as if its coming from the monitor

But giving it a firm elbow-drop certainly fixes it for a hour or two

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
ITS AN ALIEN IMPLANT, when you hear it ringing they are trying to call you.
push on your ear and say hello.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
He he he nice one.
I havent heard it yet today but its only 2:23 PM so i will probably here it yet. Funny, it doesnt seem to bother my cats...

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hmm I heard a report on NPR about a year ago about one man who's suffered from tittinus for years and it had audio examples of the sounds he heard in his ear all the time. Still, you run anything analog? I used to hear a godforsaken noise everytime i turned on my old analog TV so i just got rid of it since it was so bad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join