It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!Police clash with protesters in Greece! (Video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Live Leak In a tight vote Greece’s legislature approved a plan of austerity that will enable the debt-riddled country to receive the next tranche of bailout funds and avoid a default, for now. Amid clashes between protestors and police outside government buildings, the Greek Parliament passed Prime Minister George Papandreou’s package of budget cuts and taxes, a positive development but merely a first step. While the deal buys a bit more time for Greece to sort out its issues, it does little to address the fact that the country is not growing anywhere near fast enough to repay bondholders without receiving aid from the EU, IMF and ECB for the foreseeable future.

So it looks like a revolution is in the pipeline. At the moment everyone is looking at the Greek government with contempt. From all angles. Lets hope that there is a peaceful resolution in the nation because it could very well turn ugly.

Video is here. By the looks of Liveleak this happened today.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

this is "a normal scene"...nothing dramatic...sadly but thats just the daily riot

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Stunning photos from today

cryptome.org...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
What makes me angry on this is that those anti riots troops always have the biggest side of the rope during this kind of event. I mean, when you consider Greece's bailout and that the money they'll receive will only go into the pockets of the elites t is upsetting. I know violence normally don't solve anything but drastic changes doesn't seem to happen otherwise.

With that being said, I wish one day the masses could have enough power to break through these ELITES DEFENDERS and get the scumbags out of power. May not seem appropriate but I don't believe anymore peaceful acts will bring the tyranny down.

Thruthseek3r

new topics

top topics

join