It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antigravity is possible and guess what, a Device would be disc shaped!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks Zorgon, I'll pick your brains next week

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Im sure its alot more complex than that, would you like to explain the tech they use to create the anti-gravity? I've seen the diagrams and its alot to take in....now you've started the story...finish it please

i would, it isn't anti-gravity, there isn't such a thing, anyone who believes there is anti-gravity needs to learn what gravity is.

Well you have magnetic levitation, like the video I posted above... a spinning magnetic field over another magnet. Since Earth is a spinning magnet, a dipole actually, then a rotating magnetic disk would levetate. But once you get to space and leave the Earths gravity well you would be stuck... nothing to repell against. Interstellar space has little gravity... that is why we float in even near Earth orbit. So anti gravity would be useless for UFO's travelling between stars

uh maglev which is what we are all talking about has zero to do with gravity, it has to do with magnetic fields repelling each other.
neither way would work in space, unless you are near an object with a gravitational well and that isn't that good of an idea.

We have superconductor levitation... basically magnetic levitation og objects not normally magnetic...

we also have examples of electromagnetic fields being used, they are patented and in use now.

But none of this is anti gravity... anti gravity would be an equal and opposite force like anti matter/matter, and the two would cancel each other out, most likely violently, thus again would not be of much use for a saucer drive

uh no, gravity is the result of the mass of an object bending spacetime, there is no such thing as anti-gravity, at most you can through force defy gravity, but no anti-gravity doesn't exist.
people are mistaking using the electromagnetic force to lift things off the ground as anti-gravity but it isn't.

You need a gravity wave generator... and be able to increase the gravity enough to warp local space if you want to reach Alpha Centauri in your lifetime

maybe, but highly unlikely anytime in anyone's lifetime.
edit on 30-6-2011 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
At some point in this documentary there is a retired professor who has done research on the subject and his lecture was suppressed. He had a stick with a flywheel mounted on it. When the wheel is not spinning, it's near impossible to lift it. But when it spins, he lifts it with one hand above his head.

Was it Eric Laithwaite? I haven't had time to watch the vids, but it sounded like a description of this video at the 2:37 minute mark.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Pipebomb24875

Yup, that's the guy.
His theory corresponds with the principle of the device as proposed by my friend.

If the device would levitate, it would show similar effects as it has been witnessed many times by people who saw a flying disc.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Regenstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

zorgon- I disagree on your assumption that "antigravity would be useless for spaceship drives."
I also disagree on your other assumption- "But once you get to space and leave the Earths gravity, well you would be stuck... nothing to repel against."

For my rebuttal: "You have to consider the effects caused by the galactic vector potential, because the galactic magnetic field exists on very long length scales.

Light photons will exhibit wave-particle duality, exhibiting properties of both waves and particles.

The neutrino theory of light, which attempts to describe the photon as a composite structure, has been unsuccessful so far.

The photon also carries: spin angular momentum.

Since photons contribute to the stress-energy tensor, they exert a gravitational attraction on other objects, according to the theory of General Relativity. Conversely, photons are themselves affected by gravity; their normally straight trajectories may be bent by warped spacetime, as in gravitational lensing."

Some quotes taken from-- Physical Properties of a Photon

edit on 30-6-2011 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 30-6-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 30-6-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This topic takes me back to some idea I played with a few decades ago...
As a kid I had a lot of dreams about "physics" and inventions.

Any who,... I long ago had a dream about Gyros being used to direct force. I didn't call it "anti gravity" -- it's more about CONVERTING physical force to an electromagnetic one. The IDEA presented here with "counter rotating gyros" will not work -- because putting a gyro inside another, adds resistance, and at points along the curve, you lines of force cancel out irregularly.

But it is "on the right track" -- Newton's law of "equal and opposite" doesn't specify that the energy has to be the same kind. When we use rockets, propelled fuel goes out one end, and the rocket body is pushed the other direction.

>> The KEY to using "precession" in Gyros, is that, you want to make the gyro more massive in on direction than another. So it's about creating resistance to the outward motion of the Gyro in one vector, that needs to be compensated for by 'force" in the opposite vector.

I still have hope of one day doing something with this and other designs -- but this OP had me slightly nervous that someone else was going to figure it out.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst

The KEY to using "precession" in Gyros, is that, you want to make the gyro more massive in on direction than another. So it's about creating resistance to the outward motion of the Gyro in one vector, that needs to be compensated for by 'force" in the opposite vector.

That's exactly how he explained it to me.
Sorry mate, he already had the idea. I was not capable to recall everything he said, but he said exactly the same.
Maybe you could fix the energy problem for him.

edit on 30-6-2011 by Regenstorm because: edit

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Zorgan,

Is Dr. Ning Li relevant to this subject? This reminded me of this thread:

Anti-gravity and the search for Dr. Ning-Li

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm

A hint can be found in this documentary which is highly recommended to watch entirely:

At some point in this documentary there is a retired professor who has done research on the subject and his lecture was suppressed. He had a stick with a flywheel mounted on it. When the wheel is not spinning, it's near impossible to lift it. But when it spins, he lifts it with one hand above his head.

edit on 29-6-2011 by Regenstorm because: typo

No offense, I don't particularly care at all for your initial post, but out of all the threads i've seen on this forum the most intriguing thing i've seen so far is the documentary you have linked to this post.

Especially the part where they show the extremely rare 80 year old genuine footage of the indian rope trick with the low probability of it being faked. Something about that is particularly fascinating because it could potentially be real paranormal phenomena on display.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by redrezo

Too bad it's faked.
The throwing of the rope is footage being played in reverse and after some people analyzed the footage frame by frame they noticed on one frame that there is a mast behind the rope.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

He "already had the idea" -- what, 30 years ago?

Anyway -- if he is using Gyros within Gyros the ENERGY problem is probably because this is really inefficient. You might get about one thousandth of the force available because you tweaked the arrangement of the Gyros enough so that they "leak" in one direction more than another.

But you are constantly FORCING a gyro to move other gyros -- which is expensive in the first place.

If you convert the energy in a normal Car battery to force, it should be plenty enough to lift up about 200 pounds for a few hours.

Since sounds like a good idea to prove the concept -- but it's less efficient than merely "extending" an arm of a gyro mechanically. If it's also longer in one direction the VECTOR of motion follows because that point has more acceleration -- this is what causes Precession in the first place; an unbalanced gyro or spinning top.

I thought about that as a Kid for a bit, and I realized that THIS unbalanced spinning top is accelerating in the direction where it has more weight or is longer in that axis -- it is inefficient. I talked with a physics professor once who theorized that precession was due to air currents -- I suppose like the misnomered "electro-plasma levitation" that uses electrically charged air to lift an object (but it's REALLY inefficient).

With a bit of thought, I realized I could create MORE MASS in one vector, and balance that mass at the same time -- the "equal and opposite" reaction would be force in one vector. With the right materials, it should be almost a pure conversion -- meaning, MANY times more efficient than precession or rockets.

>> Likely, wind currents need to be factored out with this design and it needs to be run in a vacuum -- if it fails to LIFT, than you don't have any sort of propulsion that would be better than a fancy Propeller Blade.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
In some released FBI files there are a lot of claimes from people finding small discs crashing around, funny thing is the descriptions are alike

Two aluminium disc halves, with a kind of radio tube in it (power source I think)

Source:

FBI files

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

Hmmm,

take a look at this:
www.zamandayolculuk.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

Great ! Didn't know that one! And indeed similarities again!

TNX I gonna take a good look at that!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join