It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life After Death? I'm convinced of something. Today.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Britx

I wonder if I would wonder around saying goodbye. It might be too sad. I think the hardest thing would be to go like my mother...long, drawn out battle with cancer. Everyday was like a goodbye day. I think the hardest part would be saying goodbye. Especially if..all this is possible, it really isn't goodbye after all..

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by Demoncreeper

yes I have heard many stories like this... very odd things. Elizabeth Kubler Ross wrote a book about these things...not dreams as such but of people saying things while they were in hospital...in their final hours. It is a very interesting read.

It is lovely for you and don't doubt it...just believe it. Sometimes we become cynical when we scrutinize things.

Scrutiny can also allow for common sense analogies. The perplexing thing, is the power of our minds. A dying person, almost always has this kind of effect on a family member. I wonder, sometimes, if it is our own subconscious mind that develops these thoughts, because the sick family member is always on our mind.

I don't hear many stories on how a person may have said goodbye to a family member who died very suddenly and very unexpectedly...maybe I do, and I'm just being cynical tonight, because I'm all by myself if a big scary looking house. haha.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
At the same exact time my Father died a few years ago I was sitting 30km away learning arabic, the word that popped up on the computer and I was reciting was Father "alif" from memory, I was saying the word in arabic back to the computer programme, when the phone rang.
Earlier I had a bad feeling and rang my Parents number to ask my Dad a question as I had a bad feeling about a rego number of a carhe owned(long story) the phone rang out...my died was dying alone at this time , just out of sight of my mother .
When I rushed to the scene of my Dads death the Police were there and the ambulance zipping him up into the body bag( the body couldn't be moved for awhile ) I asked them to unzip the body so I could say goodbye, I touched him on the shoulder and said " bye Dad".
He died as I was saying the arabic word for Father.
I had tried to ring him probably as he was dying from a massive stroke.
The coincidence is staggering , I still drive the car he owned his fist mark is in the side of the car , where he fell as he died.
There was clumps of grass everywhere, I believe whilst I was ringing he was still alive.
Its so bloody sad.
But we have to believe we will see them again, we have to.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired

Its so bloody sad.
But we have to believe we will see them again, we have to.

I believe we do.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
interesting topic, When things are personal it's much more than just being a ghost hunter looking for a thrill or whatever those people do it for then tell about their spooky experience. For me, those people are a slap in the face, because if they only knew there is nothing fun or exhilarating in cases of a family member you truly want to see again and say I love you. We just want simple answers, is our love one's spirit somewhere and will we ever be together again. Is there something else or is it just our illusion
I've had similar experiences, not in dreams though and It's been 30 years and I'm still trying to figure them out.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

It is definitely interesting. The thrill seekers are a$$holes. But sometimes it turns out to be someone who has lost a loved one and is just looking for the same answers, while getting a thrill out of it. But I agree with them being faceslappers. haha.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

The most important reason anyone should want to ghost hunt or whatever, would be to confirm life after death. Maybe to know in their own mind it would ease the pain of losing a love one. There is nothing scary about wanting to know, There is no need to turn out the lights and roam around in the dark since most actual ghost reports are not seen in total darkness. It's just a farce some people play with the reality of really wanting to know about spirits and the after life.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I agree.
Can I ask you a question other than this one? haha.

Would you live your life differently if you knew for 100%?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demoncreeper

I agree.
Can I ask you a question other than this one? haha.

Would you live your life differently if you knew for 100%?

For me, no I wouldn't live life differently, because I believe their is a genetic code of morals in my DNA which has led me to lead a simple, happy and fulfilled life.
I would relate it to how I work. For me, my work ethics uses integrity, responsibility and precision and it's not based on pay. You never pay a man more because you want him to do a better job. You pay the best man to do the job since he will do it better no matter his pay.

I look back at some of the hints I've had in life that may have convinced some of 100% proof but because of my experiences I have only more questions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join