It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life After Death? I'm convinced of something. Today.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

Yeah its a happy kind of memory it doesn't feel scary at all for me like because I'm sure it was my grandfather and he meant no harm, however if it happened now i think id # a brick lol

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss. I believe they come to warn us of their death and something of them might remain with us, some particules of energy maybe.

Since I was a kid I always dreamed of people before they died. I always thought it was a coincidence until something very strong this past december. A good friend of mine died of a heart attack just a few hours after I had visited him. I was sleeping and had a dream where I saw death and heard a scary music. Death stabbed me in the chest with a scythe peace and I fell face first on the ground. It was a pure nightmare. It woke me up, I was scared, I was shivering, I was crying. I went around the house and looked at everyone to see if they were alive. I couldn't take this out of my mind. Thought it meant I would die... Then, the day after, his daughter called me to tell me he had die. He had a heart attack while walking to the bathroom. He fell face first on the ground.

On the day of his funerals, I was with some friends and we talked about him. I went to the bathroom and the light turned right off on me, for no explainable reasons. I turned it back on by flicking the switch.

Since then, another close one of mine died and from the day she went in the hospital, I knew (felt) it was the end. When I went to her place on the day of her funerals, with my father and my son, a cell phone started ringing. There was no service on that cell phone, it was an old cell that had been disconected for months.

I had many other paranormal experiences like that before all that, but never did believe it, I just thought something was wrong with me, that I was losing my mind.

The person who lived in my house previous to me, whom I bought my house from, died in my bedroom while he was my tenant. He was old, had live here all his life. When I moved in, he was waking me up at night for about a month (blowing in my ears, tickleing my back, making noises) until I told him to leave me alone and I would take good care of his house. I never believed it would work but to my surprise at that time, it did.

There is definitely something on the other side. Our energy (soul) doesn't die, it goes on in what we see as emptyness.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mirada33

They give me chills :O ! very good stories man, sorry to hear about them to at the same time, but as you basically said life goes on
!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
i really hope that there is life after death indeed...however i cant shake the thought that, "life after deatrh" is a mechanism triggered by the brain in its final moments, and this is how the body copes with the process of death

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Indeed, was my perception too. As the body dies, multiple chemicals are released causing euphoric visions, firing synapses cause the "light tunnel" effect, or the opposite...

I'm sure that ALSO happens. I'm glad to hear all your stories, and also sorry about all your losses, but I believe they aren't losses at all...just for now.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Me reading this post right now has me a little shaken up. I work third shift and went to bed this morning thinking about what we were going to do for the holiday tomorrow. After my boyfriend came in to tell me he was leaving for work I fell straight back to sleep (not like me at all) and immediately went into a dream. I was standing in my high school boyfriend's living room looking for him. When I walked in the bedroom his room was empty, top to bottom, except for him standing in the middle. He was holding a little metal dragon I had bought him when we graduated high school. He said, " I want you to have this. I know you feel weak right now and it feels like the world is chaos, but I am okay, you are going to be okay, and Phoenix is okay. You have so much to look forward to. Don't give up. You are as strong as a dragon, even if you are my kitten." He passed away in November. We had become very good friends and was even friends with my current love. Phoenix is the name that only I and my boyfriend know that I had given a baby that I had lost a few years ago. I don't believe this was just a normal dream, it was way too real and I didn't even remember that dragon until that dream.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LunaAnann

Other than being shaken up, don't you feel a little more comfort, with mortality at all?
Cheers for the reply.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Honestly, I have very rarely doubted life after death. I was brought up in an extremely Christian home with very conservative views, but even after I went my own way spiritually I never believed there was nothing. My Granny visited me the night she passed away and I've seen my grandfather several times in the past few months when I'm at my grandmother. It amazes me how we find the things we need when we need them. I needed to talk about that dream and I found your post.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LunaAnann

Glad it could be useful.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing OP, i enjoy these threads as they always provide a good read with people sharing there storys and its all good vibes, positive energy and that

I just thought i'd share mine, My Grandad died a few years ago, every now and then my mum goes to his grave to put some new flowers & to pay her respects etc.. Last time she went she mentioned to me that a Robin had come over to her while she was kneeled at the grave, she had her camera and a pair of gloves layed out on the floor, she told me that the robin landed in front of her and was looking at her, she said that the robin jumped onto the camera & then the gloves & then it jumped onto the end of her boot & just stayed there for a few seconds, We both thought this was strange as you dont see robins doing anything like that very often, what was even more strange was the fact that my Grandad loved birds & he always kept a few birds, When he lived out in spain before his death he always had afew exotic birds, Me & my mum were sure that the robin was him, just checking in so to speak, She also mentioned that she more often than not, would see this same Robin at the graveyard whenever she was there.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The night after my father died I was sleeping in his bed and throughout the night I heard a great deal of activitiy; loud thumps against the outside of the house as if someone was throwing himself against the wall, footsteps in the yard and knocks on the bedroom door. It was a very busy night. In my state of going in and out of a light sleep all night I had alternate explanations; the cats are throwing themselves against the outside wall, my brother is walking in the yard. It took me a day or two to realize that cats don't throw themselves against walls and I asked my brother who was the only other person staying in the house if he had been walking in the yard in the middle of that night and he said no. But then also I realized that even if he was, you can't hear footsteps from someone walking on grass when you're in the house. When I looked back a few days later I 'recognized' the energy I felt that night as my father's energy. He had died very unexpectedly from a bad reaction to medication, not from the disease itself, which at that point was not advanced enough to kill him. And it seemed like a combination of anger and fear at finding himself dead and wanting to get back 'in' to both the house and his life.

After that for about 9 months, I dreamt about him about 3 times a week. I don't know if I was actually seeing him or not. But the dreams were very comforting.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

Animals, in some native beliefs, are guides for the spirits. Sometimes, they also believe, the ancestors reincarnate into the animals that have guided their souls.

I think that is a wonderful story, with the robin. Thank you for sharing.

I've been wondering about sharing my other experience in terms of this kind of situation. It wasn't as nice, but served as a reminder. I will, but not in reply to your touching post. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillarie

That is interesting and a little scary at the same time. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
My mom's story is not from a dream but a medium she went to see after my eldest brother was killed in a road accident, at the time of the accident (it was a very severe one and my brother died instantly, thankfully) the medium said there was a man holding the hand of a young baby boy on the otherside of the carriageway and the reason they was there was to take my brother away.

The medium never knew that my father had passed away and the baby boy was the brother before me who died of what is known nowdays as cot death, in terms of years over the three deaths 35 yrs. Shook me to my boots when my mom told me what that medium had said because there was know way she could have known.

I'm happy that you find comfort from your dream for your loss, peace be with you.

Wolfie

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I touched briefly on some of the not so nice stuff...I want to elaborate a little now.

Prior to my mom's death, my 2 year old niece died. It is a very tragic and sad story.

My niece was born very premature and wasn't supposed to survive. She was so small, she could fit in the palm of my hand. Her hands and feet barely hung over my hand. Really, she looked like a tiny newborn puppy, in the incubator. Mind you I have big hands, that barely fit the sealed glove things...

But anyways, she did survive. Then almost a year of life, she developed liver cancer. They removed 80% of her liver. She responded to treatment and did very well. She also had twisted bowel syndrome, and a few other complications. But was relatively healthy.

One day, my sister, phoned me in a panic, that they were going to the hospital. This happened often, with her issues etc. But the night before, they had been sent home from the hospital, for "flu like symptoms", and told my sister she was being paranoid. My sister, after all those issues, was NOT paranoid. It seemed that while trying to have a bowel movement, which was difficult with T.B.S...her intestine ruptured. She became septic. The E.R. Dr. had seen 10 kids with the flu, and passed it off as such. My sister begged for an ultra sound, but was denied and told to leave.

Sadly, my niece passed away the next morning, from septic poisoning, toxins in the blood etc. The hospital asked my sister she would donate her eyes, as there was a boy in the same hospital that needed eyes. She, in shock, agreed. This is important, as I was unaware of this part.

That day, we received a call from the oncologist for her one year blood test results in relation to her cancer check up and that she was cancer free. He was devastated by the news we had to share with him. He became involved in the case against the E.R. Dr. later on.

Anyways, we had to go explain to my mom, (who was in a cancer treatment center for her own liver cancer), what had happened.

As you can imagine, there was a lot of stress involved.

As time progressed, with my mothers illness, my leaving law enforcement, transitions, etc...I was letting the stress of everything get to me. I was yelling more at my own beautiful children, as I spent a lot more time at home with them, and it wasn't easy. It's NO excuse, but they are very young. I had a 4 year old, 2 year old and newborn at the time.

While sleeping on the couch, in my basement, I suddenly woke up to my niece just standing there. I would say looking at me...but she had no eyes. Just very dark shadows that were elongated on her face. I was petrified at first, thinking and hoping, that I was still dreaming. But she just stood there. Without eyes, looking sad. The moment my brain figured out was this was supposed to mean, she smiled. And, then was gone.

I had figured that she was serving me a reminder, that my children should not be taken for granted. I made very serious efforts to change my life, from that day. Never really sharing this with anyone. Except my father, who said, " I didn't know that your sister told you that they donated her eyes".

I didn't know. Until that moment, which made the whole experience, even more meaningful.

I often think of that, when i find myself frustrated with my kids, who are older now. But it always calms me down, and makes time with my kids much more positive and happy.

It also really helped me deal with grief, when my mom, and grandparents all died. I'm more easily available to be the strength for the rest of my family, without it being a burden, to me or them...It's difficult to explain, but..there it is.
edit on 5-7-2011 by Demoncreeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Thank you for this thread! It reminded me of when my grandfather died. I am 32 years old now, and i was 10 years old when he passed over. We were VERY close! When he died...i had soo much grief that i didn't know how to cope with it. Anyway....I had a dream that my mother and I and someone else (can't remember if it was my bother or who it was) were standing in front of his coffin...weeping. I just want to point out that my grandfather was a very comical person..a prankster!! Well, while we all were weeping over our lose...he all a sudden straight up in his coffin, looked at us and said, "i'm still alive!" come to find out a few years later my mother had told me that she had the exact same dream...i just wonder if it was at the exact same time that i dreamt it.

Anyway....Lately i have been reading more and more into reincarnation and the more i read about it the more i believe in it. Here are a couple books i have already read:

Many Lives, Many Masters and Only Love Is Real by: Dr. Brain Weiss

i am waiting for Messages From The Masters to come in which he also wrote that deal with it too, and another book from a different author to check out.

I am sure my grandfather told us something that is very true...that there is most definitely Life after death! And each life time we have there are lesson we need to learn and the fact that the harder your life is...the more fulfilled your life is and how certain tragedies from a past life can carry over to the new life. Check it out!

PS. I would like to point out my fiance has read all the same ones i have and he has enjoyed them very much!!

edit on 14-7-2011 by dizzie_lizzie79 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2011 by dizzie_lizzie79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzie_lizzie79

I'm glad you found some positivity in the thread. There is some comfort for some, in the weirdest places. haha.

Thank you for sharing, and I've heard of connecting to other people, through dreams. Don't know much about it, but I do think it is possible.

Thank you again, and I definitely going to have to check out the books. Sadly, I'm not a HUGE reader...but I will definitely give them a look, as they sound interesting.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Just for your information...I HATE reading, i always have...i have no problem doing it, but have never enjoyed it! I would of never ordered these books but another ats member i do believe mention them and i found chapters 1-maybe 6 online and it abruptly ended so i was so sucked in i had to order it( i tried to find the site but haven't come across it again). I got the Only Love is Real first, in which i wish i would of read the other first but oh well! They were great reads...completely sucked myself and my Mike right into it. I have always felt that reincarnation was real but never looked into it...but after reading these...it explains sooo much!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dizzie_lizzie79

Thank you very much! Will give this some undivided attention.
))))))!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join