It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life After Death? I'm convinced of something. Today.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'd like to start out by saying a few things about what I believe.

I was raised with catholic belief's, not "bible thumping", but made it through first communion etc. My family weren't huge church goers, but believed in God. And the devil. If you were good, you went to heaven and if you were bad, you went to hell. Kept it simple, didn't pollute it with all the variations of religions, interpretations of the bible, all the hate and bad associated with what was supposed to be a book of good.

My mom believed that the bible and word was poisoned through the years, by people. It was no longer the word of God, but the words of people, using God to further their greed. So, be good, you go to heaven. Be bad you go to hell.

She even said that she would come back to haunt me after she died. She has been deceased for about 5 years now. She hasn't haunted me. I'm kinda glad, because not only would it scare the crap outta me, it would be an absolute. I thought it would be best not to know. Like knowing what is in all your Christmas presents before opening them. you know?

I am not sure what I believe. That is to say, I wasn't. I still am unsure of the technicalities of it all...but I don't think anyone is sure. But let me tell you why.

My wife's grandma has, since her husbands death, refused to eat, etc. She has just given up. As her body has deteriorated she was placed in a hospice to spend her final days. Being that, other than giving up, there was no physical issues with her. No cancer, free of disease. She has been in the hospice for a few months now.

Last night, I had a dream. I know...it was a dream. In the dream, I saw her face, as it was last week. She said she wanted to say good bye. I told her, "ok, we all love you very much, but it seems this is what you want, love you and goodbye" or something like that. It was a dream, so the words are a bit fuzzy. Basically, we said goodbye. I woke up and thought it odd. It was the middle of the night. Like 3:30 or something. Couldn't quite make out the clock..but it was three thirty something.

This morning, my wife went to visit her, and found her room empty. The care givers had explained that she had passed sometime during the night.

I am familiar with the fact that dreams are influenced by daily life. I still think this is true. I also believe that maybe, just maybe, they are influenced by other things.

Either way, despite the death of a family member, I feel fortunate to have had the dream and feel less sad than I could.

Does this change my outlook on life or belief's of religion? No. It just solidifies the simplicity that it was made for us as children.

Anyways, I thought I'd share, as it seemed like something that would fit here. I hope I got the right section.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
What you said makes sense to me. I pretty much believe the same. Especially about the Bible being poisoned by the word of man.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demoncreeper
Last night, I had a dream. I know...it was a dream. In the dream, I saw her face, as it was last week. She said she wanted to say good bye. I told her, "ok, we all love you very much, but it seems this is what you want, love you and goodbye" or something like that. It was a dream, so the words are a bit fuzzy. Basically, we said goodbye. I woke up and thought it odd. It was the middle of the night. Like 3:30 or something. Couldn't quite make out the clock..but it was three thirty something.

This morning, my wife went to visit her, and found her room empty. The care givers had explained that she had passed sometime during the night.

Same EXACT thing happened between my mother and my aunt. My aunt came to my mother in a dream and said, "I just thought I would say good bye." The next day she was dead. My mother did not offer this information, but I knew she had had experiences similar to this before, so I just asked her if "anythuing strange" had happened before my aunt's death and she related this story. We are not at all a religious family. None of us in this story ever attended church of any kind.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my mother a long bit ago as well.

I can totally understand you getting a dream from her, it can be a very spiritual time, or one of groth either way.

All the best and thanks for shareing.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
A few months after my young cousin died, he came to me in a dream...we were talking, and nothing had changed with him. In the dream, I said to him, "Joe, you know you are dead, right?"

To which he replied, "I know."

His response did not get me, but rather, the way he shrugged it off like it did not bother him at all. It was like there was no death, and he was telling me that. He was so full of life, from what I remember.

I know that this was just a dream as well, but it is a dream that gave me the hope that I would get to see him again.

I also have had dreams about my Grandfather that passed, and a few pets. We, my Grandfather and I, never talked about death in his dream, but the same appearance of being full of life was there. The same with the pets. One pet, a dog, was running around and enjoying himself like I had never seen...

Even if these dreams are just that, dreams...they are pretty comforting and reassuring to those left behind.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I understand you completely, I dreamt of my dad, although not at the point of his death but 3 months later. He was sat with me and I was waiting for a pregnancy test to show the results . He told me that it was positive and my first child would be a boy. I woke up just knowing that he had actually been there and that was 100% real. I have always believed in life after death but after that experience I didnt just believe, I knew. Personally I think the afterlife is a dream- heaven is the best dream you've ever had and hell is the worst nightmare.

The pregancy test was positive btw when I took the test a week or so later, I hadn't had no symptoms at all by that stage, I wasnt even late, in fact it was the dream that made me get the test, we hadnt been trying for a baby!

It happened to my husband too, one of his best friends had committed suicide a year previously, he came to him in a dream and told him he was sorry.

Yeh okay some people will prob just say its all in my mind, just a dream and my brain filling in the gaps and dealing with the grief. Whatever- I know for a fact he was there next to me that night. There is definately something after death fo sure.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

I would understand your experience as a real communication. Thanks for telling us about it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Thank you for the well wishes, and sharing such stories. It truly makes me think that we are all part of something quite a bit bigger and gives me the strength to put forth the effort to maintain some good.

I'm sorry for all your losses. But something, this event, your events, tells me it isn't really a loss at all. Or at least brings comfort to a time that can be enveloped in sorrow.

My mom, niece and most of my grandparents, plus a good friend all died within a year of each other. This experience really closes the chapter of sorrow, and opens up a completely new outlook.

I hope it has for you guys too.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britgirl

Yeh okay some people will prob just say its all in my mind, just a dream and my brain filling in the gaps and dealing with the grief. Whatever- I know for a fact he was there next to me that night. There is definately something after death fo sure.

Sometimes, I'm sure that is the case. But I don't think always. Some real things were said to you about things you didn't even know about.

That is comforting.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake

I know that this was just a dream as well, but it is a dream that gave me the hope that I would get to see him again.

I also have had dreams about my Grandfather that passed, and a few pets. We, my Grandfather and I, never talked about death in his dream, but the same appearance of being full of life was there. The same with the pets. One pet, a dog, was running around and enjoying himself like I had never seen...

Even if these dreams are just that, dreams...they are pretty comforting and reassuring to those left behind.

They are comforting. I used to dream, just a regular dream. Random stuff. But my mom would be in them as if nothing ever happened. I found myself slightly disturbed by this...as it was very difficult to move on and be the strength for the rest of my family. A native friend of mind simply said, " If this disturbs you, simply ask your mother to lay off for a while."

I thought he was crazy, but I did ask. The dreams with her in them, stopped. Was it my mind making it happen that way? Possibly.

But the dream from last night was purely a random thing, as, not to be rude, but we've kinda been expecting this.

Why last night did I have the good bye dream and not a month ago? Because I truly believe now, there is something else.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Thank you for your story.

It happened to me also when my father passed away. We were the best of friends. I took his death extremely hard. The loss, the feeling of never seeing him again, ever...Three days after he passed, I had a dream, he was floating just above my bed, looking at me and without speaking, he just meant "All is fine, I'm okay..."

I now believe that indeed, he was.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Throughout history, dreams have been considered one way in which another reality can communicate with this reality. Although 99.9% percent of my dreams are what I consider normal, I’ve had a handful of dreams that I consider special. By special, I mean dreams I believe were given to me as a form of communication from an unseen reality. Three dreams I’ve had in particular have convinced me that reincarnation is real.

The first dream I had several years ago. I dreamt I was a bombardier in WWII. I had a different name and I was stationed in England. I dreamt my plane was shot down on a mission over occupied Europe and I died in the crash.

The second dream I had was about five months ago. I dreamt I was in a room with four or five other people. I felt the presence of my deceased father in the room with me but I didn’t see him. I and the other four or five people were told that we were about to be given a “gift.” Shortly thereafter I felt myself flying through blackness. I didn’t know where I was going but I knew I was being guided. I looked off to my right-hand side as I was flying and all I could see were two flashes of light. It didn’t take too long, but eventually we reached a place that I can only describe as an enormous place of light and pure energy. We then turned around and started to fly back through the darkness. After a short time the blackness turned to grey and then the grey parted. I could see the curvature of the Earth down below me. Soon, I woke back up in the room where we were originally and I understood what was meant when we were told were being given a gift. I knew then that there was life after death.

The third dream I had was about three months ago. I dreamt I was a young man in my early twenties and I had enlisted in the air force. I was being trained along with a young woman about my age on some kind of simulator. We were going to be stationed at a “Space City.” I was kind of amused by the term Space City because I knew that term was really more for public relations than an accurate description. I knew where I was going was to be difficult and the living conditions harsh, but I was looking forward to the experience.

I know this doesn’t amount to proof for any doubters. However for me these dreams are real experiences and I believe I have been given a communication of what my past life was, what will happen when I pass from this life, and a glimpse into what my next life might be.

Don’t be so dismissive of your dream.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

That is a nice feeling, when you can really be at ease. Not just with the loss of your father but our own mortality.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 1questioner

I normally dream about zombie apocalypse's, or variant of end of the world stuff, where I get to be some kind of hero or fighter. (minus the random crap that happens in dreams), but never about actually being someone else. That is cool.

The dream from my OP, felt a lot different than those apocalyptic dreams.

Anyways, thanks for the reply.

edit on 29-6-2011 by Demoncreeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

I've had dreams like that, but mostly about my deceased pets. They would show up in my dream and I would be so happy to see them again. Then, after the initial joy washes over me I am struck down with the reality that they are really dead. I would stop squealing and say "But, you're suppose to be dead! You died!". They just look at me like they're saying "Dead? I feel fine." The emotions I feel after saying that is difficult to describe and those are the ONLY dreams that have turned into lucid dreaming. I guess that's what you call it. I am suddenly aware that this is a dream because I know they really are dead.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

The darker side to this, and it just hit me, is what if all the bad, scary stuff is true too? I mean, the universe does work in "balance" right??
This makes it a bit more interesting.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
We had a strange experience around xmas time in 2010. My granda has good health in regards to his heart/chest, we've never seen or heard any problems after 70+ years about it...so when my 5 year old son woke up randomly one night crying (which he very rarely does..and i mean Rare!!) I went running in to see what was the matter, as like I say its not something that happens often...so when he turned around and said something about "it was granda, that man is granda" or something similar...I was a little curious. I'd spoke to my granda that just about everyday for 2 years and he was fine....then the next day I got a phone call saying "your granda was in hospital last night with chest pains, they thought it was a heartattack at first"...then I thought.."oh creepy"!!!

So I went over to see him that night....only for my granda to tell me the time he went into hospital...it was within approx 20mins of my sons "experience"!!!

For me theirs too many co-incidences in this world, and you have to wonder what the odds are when they all stack up together!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Hello, Im gonna just throw in a little story i have of my own:

When i was 6 my grandfather died and we moved into his house. 2 weeks after we moved into his house I was standing at the top of the stairs pretending to be superman with my arms out, I can remember getting this numb feeling throughout my body and I lifted off the ground and floated down the stairs. I informed my parents but they didn't pay much heat of my story, throughout the years i was beginning to doubt my story myself even though I can remember it as clear as day.

About 2 years ago my aunt who I had not seen in years came up and told me she remembered me telling her my story of what happened to me and she then told me that her son had told her recently that he was lifted down the stairs in her old house "my grandfathers house" I can also remember speaking to my grandfather in my room after he died but that's another story....

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by poynterlad

I wonder, is that a happier memory for you? Because sitting here in the dark, by myself reading that, the hairs on the back of my neck, stood on end.

reply to post by Tangled2011

Thank you for your post. I truly believe we are all connected on some level..I guess it is something we would have to discover on our own.

For instance, to add to my own personal story...l was fairly grumpy, grumbly this morning, prior to my wife leaving.
After she had gone, and before I received the phone call from her, I had an overwhelming urge to text her and let her know that I thought she was an amazing person, and apologized for my grumpy pants.

She said that the text came in, just as the awe set in of the care giver telling her about her grandma, and it was perfect timing, like comfort for her at the exact right moment.

Connected? or just husband duty to admit to being a jerkoff. haha.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Shawny2222

You should not let those feelings in during your time with them. It is a way to remember the joy they brought to you. Save the down time for the real world

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join