It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much civic knowledge do YOU have? (A test)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
How much do you really know about how your government works? More than a politician? Odds are, you do know more than your average politician.

www.isi.org...

Be sure to look at the comparison between how well politicians do to how well citizens do at the end of the test. In most cases, your elected officials who were tested know less than the average citizen in terms of these questions. Thats rather eye opening, but explains a lot.

I did really well, (You answered 30 out of 33 correctly — 90.91 %) and at least part of that is due to political debate and the resulting research I have done on ATS. And informed populace makes better political decisions, so test to see how strong YOUR civic knowledge is.

Edit to add a direct link to how well politicians did for those who might want it.

www.americancivicliteracy.org...

edit on 29-6-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

This has to be the blandest topic I have ever seen on ATS.

2nd line filler.

Okay, there is content there now, there wasn't before.

I took the test, 87.88% was my score, and my mistakes were really stupid ones. Duh.

edit on 29-6-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Lol. I assume you mean the original blank post? Premature postjaculation. It happens.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well, I suck! Government never was my favorite subject.
At least I scored a bit better than the average college educator.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the link. Fun and eye opening. I scored 76%. I'm a little mad I didn't do better. I am horrified at what the average is though! Especially that only about 54% of the regular people knew who had the power to declare war.

As for the politicians scoring lower than the people, well are you surprised, lol? In all fairness to the politicians, not enough have really taken the quiz for this to be entirely accurate. I suspect their score would be much lower if more took it

edit on 29-6-2011 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Not to bad. I passed, though without the flying colors.

But it was my fault for reading into the questions. Something I have always had aproblem with.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
scored 66.67%. I am happy that they posted the answers that were wrong underneath the score. Read a couple of questions wrong and learned a few things.

Thanks for posting this.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
75%, which isn't too great, but I cant even vote yet, so Im good.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I did the same thing! I always have as well. Way to overthink things eh?

2nd

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

27 correct - i believe thats acceptable - as i am not a US citizen

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
70% myself. Missed almost all of the economic questions. I hate money

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I made it to 33% completion on the test and got bored just like in high school
Sorry I really tried,...Really.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

ResultsYou answered 27 out of 33 correctly — 81.82 %

If you have any comments or questions about the quiz, please email [email protected].

You can consult the following table to see how citizens and elected officials scored on each question.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Man some of those questions were loooooaaaaaded. My favorite was the one about the taxes. I got it wrong, but I think it was because I told the truth: The government is not helping anyone.
(hehe to be honest, I really didn't know the answer so I put the truth as I saw it) Ahh well I scored a 66 % but that's because I don't understand economic policies, at all. They have so many loopholes now that the whole thing no longer makes any sense. Let's bring back the good ol' days of you trade me your mule for my goat and we both walk away happy.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
''You answered 26 out of 33 correctly — 78.79 %''

I'm not even an American. Do I win a cookie ?

A lot of those were pretty obvious, and some of the multiple choice options to the questions were quite amusing, such as: which of these two countries was the US at war against in WWII ? Canada and Mexico, Germany and Japan, England and Spain or China and Russia ?

edit on 29-6-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Went back and completed the test and received a 66.67% I should have quit while I was ahead.
edit on 29-6-2011 by snowen20 because: BECAUSE I MISPELLED QUIT FOR GODS SAKE I NEED TO SLEEP!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
All non-Americans who do better than the college professors get cookies.

You guys are actually doing really well, compared to the professors. I think knowing how well a politician does on a test of this sort should be part of the information they put on the ballot, its amazing to me how poorly the people RUNNING our country understand it.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
27 out of 33

I lol'd at this answer choice: government planners are too cautious in spending taxpayers’ money

I did better than I expected. It is a fun little quiz.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
84.85% Got owned by word choice and one question on religion, overall I can't say I'm really disappointed.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I got 21 out of 33 which gives me a whopping score of 63.64 %. Not that great, right?

What gets to me is that college educators scored an average of only 55%? Wow....

So does that mean I am smarter than a good deal of College educators?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join