It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Debunked" Define please...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It disturbs me that some people can appear on a UFO thread and state "it's Chinese Lanterns" or "This video is CGI" and feel that the thread is "Debunked" just based on their opinion.

Show me some proof on the fact that you're a Chinese lantern expert or you're an expert on video analysis then i would have more faith in their opinion.

Everyone on this site is entitled to their own opinions but some act as if they are experts and feel that their opinion "debunks" the thread.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
If it could have been a bird or lantern, why entertain the notion that it was anything else? If a case has a plausible mundane explanation and there is virtually no prospect of new evidence becoming available, then it should be enough to dissuade interest in that case. A case like this has little value other than providing a learning experience, or perhaps as a camp fire story.

I don't think it should be a surprise to anyone that many of us are only genuinely interested in cases where mundane explanations can be thoroughly ruled out. It sure would be great if there were a case where an object was actually detected traveling to the earth from outer space. That would be a good sign that the object was extraterrestrial.

I have to add though, that some suggestions offered for explanation are rather ridiculous. One of the greatest sources of friction on the UFO forum is that members do not agree about whether or not an explanation is plausible. In those circumstances, some kind of supporting evidence is usually helpful.

edit on 1-7-2011 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2011 by Tearman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

Well, why say either, a UFO is a UFO untill "examined, proven" and VERRYFIED...

But, in all fairnes, to state "IMO i think it is blablabla" and the cont with:
"BECAUSE"....yadayadayadayada.....Is the correct aproach on a forum
like this...

And as someone said above, sift through the coments..Yea i do that ALOT.
And i miss the old BLOCK user feature...Maby should be "Block member COMMENTs
in section: ........"An also a coment to why. so that member knows He´s beeing blocked
and also why....

new topics

<< 1   >>

join