I'm danish, ask me anything?

page: 5
12
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Hello to you too
I have an idea, higher rate of people with Rhesus Negative blood. But I have nothing to back up that idea, other than the fact that there is a higher concentration of people with negative blood in scandinavia


Do you have an idea?


Originally posted by Clavicula
reply to post by modeselektor
 


Welcome fellow scandinavian. Quite a few scandinavians on here, at least when you consider our combined population numbers. Do you have an idea of why there are so many scandiavians on ATS?




posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by modeselektor
But the group you are describing, is an extremely small percentage of society, they are just more noticeable. Big smoking white man, with a little asian wife.



Haha....yes they do stand out. And it seems to work out for all involved...

most of the time.



posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by modeselektor
 


I was going to go with a more conventional explanation, wide spread internet access, high education levels etc. but then again who knows. Personally I am not rhesus negative.



posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Well that is also a good explanation, maybe my idea and your explanation can be combined
Or I am just more conspiratorial, and you are more of a person of reason



Originally posted by Clavicula
reply to post by modeselektor
 


I was going to go with a more conventional explanation, wide spread internet access, high education levels etc. but then again who knows. Personally I am not rhesus negative.



posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Hey Mode... and welcome
Nice with another dane here. Would love to stay and chat but I gotta go to Hillerød and watch the infamous Transformers 3D.



posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Takker
Enjoy the movie.
'Stunning Effects But the movie lacks Heart and Soul' So it is like me, I must see this movie also



Originally posted by flice
Hey Mode... and welcome
Nice with another dane here. Would love to stay and chat but I gotta go to Hillerød and watch the infamous Transformers 3D.



posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
im danish too, and I gotta say Denmark is USA's pet dog for some reason. We dont question the propaganda from US, and sends our young boys to war.
Maybe Denmark gets something in return, maybe the NATO leadership





posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hey,

I'm Slovak who just moved to Denmark to study at University of Northern Denmark

Million times better culture, people think enviromentally and everyone is smilin... It's 10 days since I'm here and I love it
.

So if you have any questions about comparsion of two different countries you can ask me aswell.



posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Yes, I imagine that Fogh and Bush were/are lovers, in a very real and physical sense. I think many of those young boys want to go to war. They have a choice, in so many meanings of the word. I do not feel that most young american soldiers have a choice, as they, as far as I know, really like to draft in poor regions, where there is little to no other choice. So I do not feel bad for the young danish men, as I do not feel bad for people who choose to drink and drive and kill themselves.

I fail to see the benefits Denmark has from Fogh being nato general. I think he #ed us all over to boost his own career. And now we are stuck with the danish equivalent of Richard Nixon.


Originally posted by conar
im danish too, and I gotta say Denmark is USA's pet dog for some reason. We dont question the propaganda from US, and sends our young boys to war.
Maybe Denmark gets something in return, maybe the NATO leadership





posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Welcome
I hope you won't get too disappointment if you find that people who aren't working don't smile a whole lot to strangers. At least not in CPH. I think it is just big city syndrome. But yes, we are nicer to tourists and such, than say germans or french. Based on my own experiences. I might be wrong


I would like to know if EU is what is promised regarding flexibility of moving around. As I have never lived in another country my self. Did you just come here, or did you have to go through a lot of paper work and such?


Originally posted by Shammael
Hey,

I'm Slovak who just moved to Denmark to study at University of Northern Denmark

Million times better culture, people think enviromentally and everyone is smilin... It's 10 days since I'm here and I love it
.

So if you have any questions about comparsion of two different countries you can ask me aswell.



posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by modeselektor
 


Hello. Can I have a Danish roll?



posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Does the name brian boru still strike fear into the hearts of danish men across the land.

Only jokeing but do have that in your school histroy because we are told a little danish histroy in school back here in Erin



posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by modeselektor
The lower in society you go, the more apparent different social problems become. But there are certain areas of certain parts of Denmark, that have a high concentration of mainly muslims. But I would be careful to pin it on immigration. There will always be a high concentration of certain classes certain places, be that rich or poor. And in Denmark, the immigrants have not been welcomed with open arms by a majority of the population, as well as a majority of the politicians. But more and more young followers of immigrants, are taking long educations. So hopefully it will be evened out a little.



Velkommen i det grønne. Welcome to the green. It's not often you see the use of Ø. Not on this island


The special areas you refer to, must be those, the government has branded as ghettos. On Saturday i plan to attend a two-hour guided "tour", in one of these areas. You'll find 80 different nationalities there. This trip by bike is one of more initiatives, to show a different/other side, than the bad that's being described by the media.
I support it. Together with the other participants... all three


Danish meat :
What is your view of the latest meat scandals ? "Fresh Minced Danish beef"... (from the freezer) "Fresh Danish-produced meat" (imported from Chile)


This is the really important question. Besides what you did mention. What are your 3 favorite Danish bands / artists?



posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by modeselektor
Welcome
I hope you won't get too disappointment if you find that people who aren't working don't smile a whole lot to strangers. At least not in CPH. I think it is just big city syndrome. But yes, we are nicer to tourists and such, than say germans or french. Based on my own experiences. I might be wrong


I would like to know if EU is what is promised regarding flexibility of moving around. As I have never lived in another country my self. Did you just come here, or did you have to go through a lot of paper work and such?


All I had to sign was conract with university, however I'm still waiting for some papers so I can get CPR. But it was basicaly no problem getting there. It would be if I had no contract with university...



posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I don't remeber hearing of him. They changed a lot since I went to high school. Back in the 90ies, I had a week of swedish, or something like that.

Great nick



Originally posted by AdonisDNA
Does the name brian boru still strike fear into the hearts of danish men across the land.

Only jokeing but do have that in your school histroy because we are told a little danish histroy in school back here in Erin



posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Thanks, a lot of danes here apparently


I haven't been paying close attention to the meat scandals. I think they should focus more on how the animals are treated and transported, as long as you have people who want a lot, or don't have a lot of money, there will be food scandals. It will only get worse I think.

I don't listen to danish bands, I'm more into german, british and some french, electro. I like Quadrons - Slippin. And Agnes Obels - Riverside. And some of Under Byens songs. So I guess those 3 are my favorite as of now.

How about you?



Danish meat :
What is your view of the latest meat scandals ? "Fresh Minced Danish beef"... (from the freezer) "Fresh Danish-produced meat" (imported from Chile)


This is the really important question. Besides what you did mention. What are your 3 favorite Danish bands / artists?




posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well that sounds fair, I wish you the best of luck with your education, hopefully you will use it here



Originally posted by Shammael

I would like to know if EU is what is promised regarding flexibility of moving around. As I have never lived in another country my self. Did you just come here, or did you have to go through a lot of paper work and such?


All I had to sign was conract with university, however I'm still waiting for some papers so I can get CPR. But it was basicaly no problem getting there. It would be if I had no contract with university...



posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by modeselektor
Thanks, a lot of danes here apparently


I haven't been paying close attention to the meat scandals. I think they should focus more on how the animals are treated and transported, as long as you have people who want a lot, or don't have a lot of money, there will be food scandals. It will only get worse I think.

I don't listen to danish bands, I'm more into german, british and some french, electro. I like Quadrons - Slippin. And Agnes Obels - Riverside. And some of Under Byens songs. So I guess those 3 are my favorite as of now.

How about you?




Good points ! The treatment should come first. Not lies because of profits.
That makes it even more attractive to become a vegetarian


And thank you! The same here. Most foreign bands. But, it makes it no less interesting, to hear about what goes on, inside one's own borders. I'll say, almost everything. However, i prefer to hear Keld and Hilda, Peter Belli and others, of that same genre of music.. "mute"



posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by modeselektor
The lower in society you go, the more apparent different social problems become. But there are certain areas of certain parts of Denmark, that have a high concentration of mainly muslims. But I would be careful to pin it on immigration. There will always be a high concentration of certain classes certain places, be that rich or poor. And in Denmark, the immigrants have not been welcomed with open arms by a majority of the population, as well as a majority of the politicians. But more and more young followers of immigrants, are taking long educations. So hopefully it will be evened out a little.

Thanks, I also love living here. the weather could be nicer, though in these days, there's nothing to complain about



Originally posted by mr-lizard
Hi - I recently watched the 'Pusher' trilogy and was wondering if Danish society is really as divided due to immigration as the films seem to depict?

P.s Copenhagen looks amazing


Thanks for answering my question. One day i'm considering visiting Copenhagen. Another question, if I may?

Dunno, if you know much about electronic music, but i've heard psychedelic trance or psytrance is massive in Copenhagen, can you confirm or deny this?

(As you can tell i'm a fan of that genre)



posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm thinking of a number can you guess what it is






new topics

top topics



 
12
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join