It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet, A Bad Media Fiction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Is it possible that the exclamation of the end of the world is able to provoke the apocalypse? We are inside an american printery for newspaper in the 1950s now. A freshly printed newspaper comes to the fore. The headline proclaims the end of the world and pushes us straight towards the reports of the financial crisis of nowadays at the same time. The illustration of a comet, which is running down to the earth, intensifies the impression of the approaching end. The film asks the question which consequences could be caused by information and news. With regard to the financial crisis, the metaphor is a kind of an exaggerated persiflage: only the message of the apocalypse causes the end of the world a self-fulfilling prophecy caused by the media! The layout of the newspaper changes during the film parallel to the dramatic of the story. The first reaction releases a visual chaos which develops while the film continues. An information flood takes the audience by surprise. Letters, words, graphics, illustrations, photo collage the whole design collapses like an avalanche and is getting rebuild in the form of the comet, which is made of terms and graphical material.

This pretty sums up..enjoy
edit on 29-6-2011 by solid007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
May I remind you all of Hale-bopp ? I'm surprised nobody's jumped cause of Elenin yet. It is a shock. Things have a tendency to escalate, just another factour of human nature.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

do you mean how it is coming super close to earth around the same time as elenin? or is that Haley's comet.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxCavalera
reply to post by Heartisblack

do you mean how it is coming super close to earth around the same time as elenin? or is that Haley's comet.

Comets come around all the time aren't worth mentioning, I still can't find any evidence.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I have read the OP post several times (Iam alittle bit under th einfluence of cheap red lambrusco

I want very much to understand the point of this thread and genuinely so.

Bu i can't

But I sense something potent here , but can't grasp it.
Pleese can some one dumb it down for me ....perhaps you OP

What is this ?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
That's a quality production good find.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by solid007

my job censors you tube

join