It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reason why there is no pictures of the poles?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Just saw the thread about the quasar and it put a strange idea in my head.

What if at the poles there is an antigravity effect? Diagrams of earths gravitational field seem to suggest this. It would also explain the rumors of a "hole" in to the earth. Also there was a thread about water jets being shot out from a.. Star? I think it was a star? It look like these jets were coming from the poles as well. Thoughts?
edit on 29-6-2011 by mb2591 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
There are also holes on mars and saturn..I've been there.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Bonified Ween because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Star shooting water bullets or ice bullets.. yeah that was an interesting read...

Ive heard that the satellites just dont fly over the poles cause theres nothing there, or temps or gravitational pull or some kind of reason... and that is the reasoning behind why there are no pics from space...

But in hindsight nothing would surprise me anymore if there was a huge tunnel between the poles or something else up with them

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Holes at either end... Oh like maybe because the Earth was molten at one point, it formed to the true Magnetic Field... (Which most are not aware of)

Hollow Earth Theory?

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
What about all the explorers and scientists who have gone to both places? There is no giant hole when they go there.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
OP, there are plenty of pictures of our 2 poles, here, have at it:

www.google.com... =on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1024&bih=571&wrapid=tlif130937602626811&safe=active&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

There are also holes on mars and saturn..I've been there.

I dont know about holes at the poles of Mars and Saturn, but I heard Uranus has a huge hole!!!

And thats actually where brown dwarfs come from!

edit on 29-6-2011 by Talltexxxan because: quote added

link   
There not many probably because they are highly unremarkable, and wouldn't look different than another picture of the frozen tundra.

link   
reply to post by mb2591

please explain this

link   
Because Santa Claus has copyrighted the North pole, not sure about the South,, pretty sure I've seen pictures of it before though

And if there were holes at the poles(ooh a rhyme!) why did the first people to reach them not come back and spread the word??
edit on 29-6-2011 by cahlmac because: spelling

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

www.google.com... =on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1024&bih=571&wrapid=tlif130937602626811&safe=active&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

Yeaa tons I didnt see one at the link you posted

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
There ARE pictures of the poles. What makes you think there aren't? We even have a big research station at the South Pole (the North Pole is in the middle of an ocean so it's not practical there)

However many images compiled from weather satelites orbiting at lower latitudes do not show the poles because at the time the images were taken the polar regions were in darkness. This has led to much lies and disinformation on the internet. Or, maybe, just folk having a bit of fun at the gullible

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591

Originally posted by Signals

Yeaa tons I didnt see one at the link you posted

Click "Images"....

I suspect you are not looking very hard but I will still play along.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by mb2591

please explain this

Maybe that wasn't really the north pole.. I'm looking for arial photos so you can tell that it is the north pole.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Lol that's what I'm looking at post a link to one... All I'm seeing is maps and what not.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mb2591

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by mb2591

please explain this

Maybe that wasn't really the north pole.. I'm looking for arial photos so you can tell that it is the north pole.

Actually that's the south pole, as the link clearly says.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
www.cruisenorway.com...
Is it me or shouldn't the North Pole be a solid Mass??? Take a look at this.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

This was asked a couple months ago, as well...

Where are all the north pole center pics!!!!????

During the course of that thread, several of us posted pictures of the North Pole - though, none of them were enough to satisfy anyone (not that we were surprised).
The reason why polar pictures are so rare is because a polar orbit is hard for satellite to achieve. A few come close, but none fly directly overhead.
edit on 29-6-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

you are absolutly correct - the image i linked is not the north pole

its the south pole - the file name / url is a dead give-away

now you want ariel pics of the north pole - may i ask why ?

you do realise that the geographic north pole is covered by the arctic ocean dont you ? the arctic ice sheet moves so any physical marker placed on the icesheet would move away from the geographic pole over time

any ariel pics of the north pole that i could post - would just show a barren icescape with no identifiable featrures

and thier provenance would hinge soley on the word of the photographer

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mb2591

Well a lot of images aren't going to be just straight up optical photos as there's a ton of cloud cover obscuring the view. You also have to take into account that the majority of satellites orbitting the planet are doing just that, following normal orbits around the planet which means the majority of the time the poles aren't directly visible.

Part of the reason you might have trouble finding a regular image of them is also due to the sheer wealth of pictures of the Earth you would have to sort through to locate one.

Regarding holes through the Earth...the North pole is covered by water and ice. The South pole is a landmass with some of the thickest ice on the planet covering it. (Lake Vostok has been sealed for about 25 million years under it with many other subglacial lakes) If there were holes through the Earth, these would be highly-unlikely places for them and I have yet to hear about a giant whirlpool/Maelstrom at the North pole.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join