It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forgetful cop leaves rifle on trunk of car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Source:www.msnbc.msn.com...

SEATTLE — The Seattle Police Department is apologizing for an assault rifle left unattended on the back of a patrol car Monday night, and has launched an investigation into the matter.

Wow, the incompetence is astounding. They even drove the car to a new location and went into Starbucks for coffee. A passer by had to alert bike cops. What do you suppose would have happened if the wrong person had seen this before it was reported?
edit on 29-6-2011 by IPILYA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Think there have been other posts already...

But heres a video that just came in my subscriptions...

Stupid cop(s)... They are lucky no one stole it

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Those cops are going to be in deep water. Probably be on suspension, or fired from their job. If someone, did steal that gun, and it was used during the commission of crime and happen to kill someone, those cops would be so liable with a huge lawsuit from the city to the victims family's. Lucky no one got hurt and the right person notified authorities quickly. Tsk. Tsk.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Sorry my search found nothing. I guess the ATS search is not as good as they make it out to be, as this happens all too often. After changing my search criteria I found another thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I wonder why the gun was taken out of the car anyway. I could possible understand leaving your pistol on the car. But it's not like they walk around with AR-15s on their side. The officer had to unlock it and take it out, not a routine task.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I love guns! I cant afford one like that!
I notice it is almost ready to fall off.
Moral question for me.. if I found this weapon on the side of the road.
It must be marked as to the department the rifle belongs to..if not??
I guess the police officers had a forehead slap kind of day over this screw up
One thing does bother me..The officers drove to another location ..for coffee..Why didnt motorists blow their horns to alert the officers to the weapon ?? This is something you dont see every day...Most Puzzled

edit on 30-6-2011 by granpabobby because: add to content

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I'm not a thief and never have been. But I was a soldier and do enjoy shooting.
I would be REAL tempted to casually pick it up and just keep walking,....walk a little faster.......faster..turn corner sprint. Giggle like a little kid the whole way.
edit on 30-6-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join