It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wildfire burns on NM ranch owned by Sam Donaldson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Wildfire burns on NM ranch owned by Sam Donaldson

www.google.com

HONDO, N.M. (AP) — Firefighters are battling a pair of blazes that have scorched 15,000 acres on two ranches in southern New Mexico, including one owned by veteran newsman Sam Donaldson.

The fires were believed to have been caused by lightning. Fire officials say storms moved over the area Monday, resulting in a couple thousand lightning strikes.

Air tankers, engines and ground crews are trying to corral the fires, which burned together Tuesday afternoon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.koat.com

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Sam Donaldson.... Former News Anchor Now lives in southern NM not to far from Roswell...

The forest service report on this new fire was

The fire is actively burning in steep, rocky, inaccessible terrain in private lands south of Hondo, N.M. Extreme fire behavior is being observed with strong pushes towards Pajarita Mountain and is currently burning within the Mescalero-Apache Reservation.

At last check, Alamo Canyon residents were on standby for a possible evacuation.

Around 15,000 acres have burned there. The fire is combination of two lightning-sparked wildfires.

Five structures are threatened by the blaze.

those Five structures are threatened by the blaze... are presumed to belong too Donaldson

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
HE can probably go live in one of his other homes...

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Victor03

that old dude has more money than god... so yeah he can afford to go anywhere he wants.,..

but ya know he doesn't have the best of luck out at his ranch... was back in 2004 three people were murdered there... This 14 year old kind of lost it and killed his father, stepmother and stepsister... the dad was Sam's ranch foreman... that kid who did the killings, Cody Posey, recently (2010) was released from a state juvenile center... not because he was innocent but because he turned 21

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Ten years of so ago they reported Donaldson received checks from the Agriculture Department not to grow anything on his land. That's money out of yours and mine wallet. I'll bet he's still getting them. Heck, by this time there's probably a program to compensate him for the damage to his ranch.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

they don't do that anymore... but yeah they did and it was a sweet deal if you could get in on it...
at one time I aplied but never got it..

I don't remember how much it was I want to say $200 an acre???? the thought was to prevent over farming and exhausting the soil it was best to pay farmers to let their field lay fallow for 5 to 10 years... driving around farm and ranch country you can tell who was getting those government subsidies... their the ones with the huge mansion like homes

new topics

join